The down side to hours of voice overs.

Tinycowz

I love how much thought, and work that Bioware put into the voice overs, its amazing. But last night as I rolled my female smuggler I realized the down side to this. For 3 years I had a babysitting job with kids that watched Rugrats day and night.... hours and hours of that awful show. And the babies with the worst, most annoying voices? Phil and Lil. And guess who voiced female smuggler? (She also did Cubert Farnsworth on Futurama. Why oh why would they pick someone like this!?)

I am actually thinking of rolling another toon because its driving me so insane. Bioware I love you, but it saddens me that instead of a fun, sexy voice on my smuggler, I get a whiny female baby voice. :( Sigh.

Edited by Tinycowz

I had trouble in beta because my republic trooper sounded (and coincidentally looked like) Commander Shepard. I kept looking to see if Liara was hanging around the corner. Not that I have any problem with Jennifer Hale's voice, but it was just...confusing to my poor brain.

That being said...I could listen to whoever did the voice for the female Imperial Agent alllllllll day long...happily.

Edited by Kimeru

I wouldnt care if Tony Blair did the voice over, i just wanna play :(

As someone who played the DC Universe Online beta and experienced the female vendor with the deep male Brooklyn accent - yes, I assure you you would care, lol.

Easy fix, go out and buy every season of Futurama there is and constantly play it in the background while you are playing. This will re-program your ears to hear her as she is using the Prof.'s voice and not bill and ted and whoever they were (never watched rugrats). If you still have a problem with the Prof.'s voice, then there is just something wrong with you, how can you not like a man who is magically descended from his great (insert however many it is) grandfather twice over?

hehe. i know the feeling. Sometimes they overuse the same actors.

There are really only so many ways you can twist your voice you know.

I sort of have that problem in WoW. Alot of bosses is voiced by Chris Metzen (just think of the Ragnaros and Thrall voices) and it becomes repetetive after a while too.

It's going to sound shallow, but despite 8 months of beta, I never did manage to get a Jedi Consular to level 50 because the female VA for her is the worst VA I've ever heard in a modern video game. After seeing her 'acting' credits (and I put acting within quotes as it's only acting if you're using the broadest definition of the word), I can't be surprised. What does surprise me is that she was ever hired in the first place.

So, yea, I can see how it might suck if you dislike the voice of a class you otherwise really like. :p

I had trouble in beta because my republic trooper sounded (and coincidentally looked like) Commander Shepard. I kept looking to see if Liara was hanging around the corner. Not that I have any problem with Jennifer Hale's voice, but it was just...confusing to my poor brain.

That being said...I could listen to whoever did the voice for the female Imperial Agent alllllllll day long...happily.

Jo Wyatt... Mmmmm. :p

At least, the voice. Ha.

Edited by Krylaancelo

It's going to sound shallow, but despite 8 months of beta, I never did manage to get a Jedi Consular to level 50 because the female VA for her is the worst VA I've ever heard in a modern video game. After seeing her 'acting' credits (and I put acting within quotes as it's only acting if you're using the broadest definition of the word), I can't be surprised. What does surprise me is that she was ever hired in the first place.

So, yea, I can see how it might suck if you dislike the voice of a class you otherwise really like. :p

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1920701/

ATHENA KARKANIS did JC.

And I don't think I would have cared to much if I hadn't played Sith Warrior in beta. The voice over was amazing. It fit perfectly. That being said KATH SOUCIE has done so many little kids shows its so hard to hear it over and over when I really feel that the voice acting is so off.

I hated Rugrats so much I forbid my own children to watch it. And the professor is the last thing I want to hear for hours on end. I guess I will just have to reroll. Eh the story wasn't as fun as warrior anyway, no loss. Its still an amazing game.