Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

Hi,

I know there is no ETA yet but since this is pretty important issue (I personally have lvl 39 and I refuse to go same path again to make lvl 39 of the same class on other server). Can we expect that to be made yet in January? I believe it doesn't cover a lot of work and I'm pretty positive that Bioware was aware of lacking in this ability before game lunch.

Thanks...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ques are unacceptable at this point. I'm willing to forgive them pre-launch, I'm willing to forgive a week after launch. But having the client crash, just to have to wait in que, just to be dc'd during que and wait for the que again. UNACCEPTABLE. Fix it BW.

Kinda a mess for us. Some ppl can't play because they have to wait in hour long queue and others can't play with their friends. I just wished I hadn't bought this prepaid. A lot of bugs and missing features without ETA... Edited by Quentostain

I would just like to echo everyone else's sentiments.

My roommates made a guild on what ended up being the unofficial BR server. Nobody wants to reroll, but I've heard some horror stories about WoW BR servers, and I will scream the next time I see "huehuehuehue"

I would pay to move my entire guild somewhere else...

Okay so dont know if this has been covered due to most of you just flaming one another...I'd like some server transfers for another reason..

I have started over 3 times now gone from lvl 1-20 and it seems that my dumb friends keep starting on separate servers. I would like to be able to play with all of my friends same server but due to the mass amount of servers in this game it has spread everyone out over multiple servers. If they provided a period where transfers are free it would fix a bunch of scenarios different people are having..

Bring on the flames you rowdy bast@rds!! FISTACUFFS

Okay so dont know if this has been covered due to most of you just flaming one another...I'd like some server transfers for another reason..

I have started over 3 times now gone from lvl 1-20 and it seems that my dumb friends keep starting on separate servers. I would like to be able to play with all of my friends same server but due to the mass amount of servers in this game it has spread everyone out over multiple servers. If they provided a period where transfers are free it would fix a bunch of scenarios different people are having..

Bring on the flames you rowdy bast@rds!! FISTACUFFS

I'm in the same boat.

On the 14th i started playing on trask ulgo, on the 20th it started having queue every day.

this is in a way okay with me, now some of my friends have started SWTor as well, and they've started on another server because of the queue, is there any chance of moving a character to another server?

I love playing a sith sorceror, but i don't feel like going through roughly the same story once again to rebuild the character, not to mention the hours upon hours spent raising ehr to her current capability.

In essence i want to move from a high load server to a lower load server, in order to improve my own gaming experience, but doing this will of course also improve that of others.

- A mostly happy Customer.

I was told to go here for it to keep the forums neat and tidy.

this also gave me another thing to mention search function, you'd avoid (or at least lessen) repeat threads if there was one.

Really hope this gets put in sooner rather than later, friend and I rolled on what seemed like a decent server only to find out the opposite and now the population is in heavy decline. Most likely due to some hype wearing off. Either way we'd like to be on the populated server even if that means more queues so that we can play at anytime of the day and not have to worry about " Oh the only tank online had to go...well lets try again tomorrow.." deal.

I would love to be able to transfer my character to another server. My friend and I rolled on different servers before we knew that we both bought the game at release. It'd be great if we could both transfer our characters to the same server to play together. We'd really appreciate the feature guys. Happy New Years.

Old Republic...I like you. Your a good game, your fun to play. Your story is good and characters interesting. I would happily play you for hours on end...but I can't. Why can't I transfer my character to another server? Why? What logical sense does that make?

For the past three days me (and I assume other players on the same server) have been stuck unable to do any Heroic quests or flashpoints due to lack of players. I have already done several singleplayer quests, and have become absolutely sick of them. For the past hours the only thing I have been able to do is queue up for the same PVP maps...over and over again.

Now excuse my ignorance, but I've never played an MMO before till this point. So perhaps I'm the only one of a small minority who finds myself disenfranchised by this, but I didn't think I would have to research something as simple as choosing a server. I thought it would be a simple choice and at first it was. I found a server with little lag and a "Standard" population. Yes I'm sure, 10-20 players a planet 24/7 is standard...

A part of me wants to create a new character on a larger server, but I've already invested so much time into my current one, and I do enjoy my companions, skills, abilities, etc. a great deal.

So please Old Republic, please let me change servers. I'll pay for it if you like. Please for the love of god let me change servers. The population on mine is going down daily, I don't think anyone will be left in another 2 weeks. Please let me change servers....Please?

What am I still paying for?

I would pay. Lot's of people scattered at opening and we want to bring the groups together - namely my work office which wants to have all 40 of us together.

If possible, please let us have this ability. It may balance things out a bit by default (re server loading because we can elect to move to less populated). I have no doubt you'll continue to fill with players.

Great game so far! Thanks dev's.

Edited by spacejunky

normally i'd say "You picked the *********** server, you deal with it"

However, there is another issue...

I DIDN'T GET TO PICK MY SERVER.

I came to my server with a pre-launch guild, who turned out, it seems, to not be too interested in doing much as a guild..

I'm thinking about going to a RP server - they seem to have stronger communities. But i'm already almost level 40! so, its either lose all that progress, or deal.

I love this game. but we really need to be able to switch servers with our characters. It makes no sense that we cant use multiple servers with one character, or transfer characters to another server, especially when one server is full and another is lightly populated.

No. No. No. No. No.

Allowing transfers, of any kind, is one of those tools that kills an MMO community.

A community is built by people. We get to know one another and help others out, we become friends. With that, people are also jerks. The tool to hold people accountable for their actions is to know when they log in the next day, people will remember what a jerk they were yesterday, and will act accordingly.

Give folks the ability to transfer removes this accountability, and FREE transfers is just ludicrous. By allowing this, BW essentially gives free reign for people to be jerks, and why not? Be a troll in chat, be a jerk in a group, screw somebody in a trade deal, ninja some loot. Who cares? I can reap all those benefits, and move to another server so I can do it all over again.

While I can appreciate the detrimental effects server transfers can have (RIP Gorath) I have to point out that if players are having to wait over an hour just to get in the game ... a lot of them will not bother.

What community do you have THEN?

I don't think SWTOR is far enough along that server transfers would hurt ANYTHING.

Perhaps at the 30 day mark give everyone a free transfer. Then maybe limit FCTS to one character every couple of months or something and limit it to characters that are at least a few months old?

At the same time, I think WHATEVER they do .. they should definitely NOT let players just hop servers every other day.

Edited by KrelosDarksky

Started playing on one server with two friends who both went back to garbagewow, now I want to transfer to a server where another group of friends play...please release xfers soon, free or paid. I've already rerolled my BH 3x deciding on advanced spec, now I'm in my 30s and don't want to hear the same story all over again...