Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the exact opposite problem most people have here with que times to log in. But I am on a low populated server (Talios Restoration Project). And it is boring as hell, it's a PVE server but I PvP on the side to pass the time. And as a lvl 50 1.1 killed our server, I for one would love it if people transferred to my server, if not i'd almost be willing to pay to go to a higher population server just so I don't have to wait 3 hours to get into a Warzone match.

Why not ? They are free in RIFT. Taking fee for transfers is just a kick in the face.

How exactly is it a "kick in the face" again? Are you saying that because one MMO does them free all of them should? Even if I agreed with that how is it a kick to the face?

I have the exact opposite problem most people have here with que times to log in. But I am on a low populated server (Talios Restoration Project). And it is boring as hell, it's a PVE server but I PvP on the side to pass the time. And as a lvl 50 1.1 killed our server, I for one would love it if people transferred to my server, if not i'd almost be willing to pay to go to a higher population server just so I don't have to wait 3 hours to get into a Warzone match.

Here is a problem tho. A server already hurting for population would be injured even more if they let people willy nilly transfer off. Also my server is busy enough I dont want everyone transferring to it. There is a lot to think about when you start offering server merges. I think once the game matures a bit you will see a lot more level 50s. I still dont have a level 50 been playing since EGA.

I agree with the free transfers idea, but for a different reason than server pops, I want to be able to play with my friends who are on one server while my Level 40 Jedi Guardian is on another. Please let this come to fruition!

This is also my issue. I did create a new character on the server where my friends are playing, however I would like to move my level 40 Consular to that server as well. Free is always nice, but I'd be happy with a paid transfer service since server population and queues aren't my issue.

Keep posting people its the only way bioware will hear us!!!

when patch 1.1 came out and Ilum was messed up...the forums blew up from many people posting complaining about it and they fixed it that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you want server transfers to be available please continue to post!!!!!!!!!!!!

"people were level 50 on day 3" they also exploited a glitch in Warzones to gain massive XP fast.

I am lvl 39 and I have work, and a life. Like most people. Therefore I would like the ability to transfer my character, rather than run the same stuff again for the 20th time and get totally burned out on it.

I too would like server transfers available, even for a fee. Illim is dead on my server right now and some of my friends rolled on another server and I would like to join them. Have there been any mentions from bioware about the abilty to transfer servers in the future?

I recently started school again because of winter break. During my break i enjoyed playing this game to the fullest(sometimes not even sleeping). I have been playing with my brothers and friends on a PvE server(heard there was no point to a pvp server atm) We started realizing how hard it was to even get a flashpoint going because no one in the server apparently wanted to heal/tank. We got our characters all around lvl 37 and decided to reroll because it was going to be poitnless to have a lvl 50 on a dead server. We rerolled to a more popular PvP server and i found it amazingly boring doing this all over again. I worked very hard to get to lvl 37 and would love to enjoy all the benefits i get as a higher lvl but i cannot because my server is dead. All i would want is a server transfer to a server of my choice so me and my brothers can join our other friends in a populated server where we wont have trouble finding people to do Heroic 2s...

If the first one is free that would be amazing and fair, but if you feel it should cost a fee($10) i would be fine in paying that because i desperately dont want to have to lvl my character all over and do the same story line again especially with school back i dont nearly have enough time to dedicate to this game as i would like to.

PLZ SERVER TRANSFER BW

I'm in the same boat everyone else is in. I have a decently leveled guy I like and I found out the friends I wanted to play with are unreachable. Furthermore my server has so few people I have only had one occasion to find a pickup group where we were all about the same level. Server transfers would be much appreciated.

Please no, this game needs to keep reputations meaning something. Anonymity is what ruined the MMO player base. You can reroll, it doesn't take that long (people were lv50 on day 3).

Not all of us have the ability or willingness to strap on a diaper and level a character for 3 days straight. It took me me over a month to get to lv 50 and that was playing hardcore during christmas break and all weekends up until now.

Edited by Big_Luvin

BUMP!!!

I too, would like to transfer a character to a different server to maybe be in a guild. Also, I have made some friends through the SWTOR streaming community and would like to play with them.

But I work fulltime and don't have the time to re-roll my character. This needs to be an option and I don't mind paying a small fee if that is what it takes.

THANKS FOR LISTENING BioWare!!!!

What you do to solve the problem isnt transfers, it is merging lower pop servers

Anytime you allow a mass of people to go anywhere they want when a game has a lot of player you are asking for trouble

When a game is dying you open up free transfers

When a game has a huge player base and some servers are pretty barren you merge the lower servers

While the same guy bumping every third post is probably a good way to get the thread ignored, I'd like to add a +1 for character transfers. I think the servers balanced out fine; I've never had a problem with logging in past the first couple days, and I ended up on a somewhat crowded server.

My problem is that a bunch of my friends ended up on another server, but I only found this out after I had four characters many hours in.

I can understand having to sacrifice character names if I've got a duplicate, or my legacy levels, or my PvP status or whatever. While I don't see the justification, I'd pay (a little) for it to happen. Maybe it's a good deterrent to frivolous transfers. The important thing is that I'd like to play with my friends without losing many hours of play. If I go over with a new character, they either have to wait for me or roll new characters themselves, causing the same problems for them.

The longer it takes to get this feature, the more problems RE: economy/titles/whatever might happen. Though honestly, I don't think those would be a big deal, even late.

Thanks for reading.

tl;dr omg maek transferszzzz

I made my char on West Coast Server when im an East Coast player and i didnt realize my mistake until i was 40 now re rolling the same class is not an option as i not want to do the same story twice.

I will make a new opposite faction char on a east coast server and wait for server transfer free or paid to get my char to eastcoast.

Yeah this one is totally on me....

this is basically what happend to me. but I got to lvl 34 with the new class before realizing that I hate it. Character transfers plz! and plz dont wait until my new character is lvl 40 :/