SW:TOR Team Learn from the Mass Effect team.

Xanerithe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's there to do at 50? I mean besides messed up pvp..dailies..dailies and more dailies and standing around in the fleet looking for a group.

What do you do in Mass Effect 3 at the end of the game? It's different right? Because they are different types of games. Learn this.

Have you seen ME3's laughable user metacritic reviews? People are whining about the story and mechanics of that game too.

If any lesson is learned, it's that haters are going to hate.

The whiners are way too demanding of what they want in a game rather than enjoying what the game offers. Everything seems to end up black and white for them rather than any type of balance. I've seen so many reviews of SWTOR on the lines of "DO NOT BUY ENDGAME SUX BUT I LOVED 1-49" which is ridiculous considering that's still 120+ hours of fun.

Is this your first MMO by any chance?

I only ask because if someone honestly thinks that people who criticise "end game" don't have a valid argument because 1 - 49 was ok, then they really do not understand what an MMO is and what it's supposed to achieve.

Lastly, the definition of "fun" is subjective. What one person may find "fun", another may not.

Edited by Tarka

Bioware SW:TOR team,

learn from the team that created Mass Effect 3, the dialog..the music the story..truly epic you truly feel for what is going on. Learn from that.

I hear subjective opinions are the new facts now. I loved the Sith Warrior Story, am really enjoying the Trooper story, and find the Inquisitor story to be kind of 'meh'. Guess those are all facts now.

I still think this game needs more of the following:

Sex

Violence

Sexy violence

Top hats.

I hear subjective opinions are the new facts now. I loved the Sith Warrior Story, am really enjoying the Trooper story, and find the Inquisitor story to be kind of 'meh'. Guess those are all facts now.

I still think this game needs more of the following:

Sex

Violence

Sexy violence

Top hats.

I agree I am sick of them having to lighten everything because of children, let their parents parent them instead of dealing with pg13 crap.

Edited by Xanerithe

usually if the beginning sucks..the middle..sucks the end won't be to great either..the stories are as bad as the movie Battlefield earth, yes I am going that far.

I'm going to reiterate my before point: I did not realize your tastes were mine, or anyone else's. I'm betting they could bring in writers from ME3 and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, because, well.

Pretty much all of BioWare's writing is the same story, with the slightest tweaks to a formula.

*facepalm*

erm...you do get the idea that one is a single player rpg and another is a theme park mmo right? Different standards, framework and priorities. I think this gets my vote for the most misguided/pointless post of the day.

Mass Effect 3 > TOR in every single way.

Multiplayer

Story

Dialogue

Characters

Backgrounds/Concept Art

Choices

Voice overs

Did I mention that TOR plays like a single player game too?

And guess which one took less time to make and costed less, lol.

Multiplayer

Story

Dialogue

Characters

Backgrounds/Concept Art

Choices

Voice overs

If you do not understand the separation in genre between ME3 and TOR you aren't a gamer. TOR is an MMORPG. ME3 is not. Comparing the two is completely frivolous.

They actually have some fun multiplayer.

What's there to do at 50? I mean besides messed up pvp..dailies..dailies and more dailies and standing around in the fleet looking for a group.

Lawl, what? What makes the ME3 Multiplayer so much better and different then the PvP/FP/Daily/Raid End game of TOR?

If you do not understand the separation in genre between ME3 and TOR you aren't a gamer. TOR is an MMORPG. ME3 is not. Comparing the two is completely frivolous.

Once again TOR plays like its single player for ALOT of people. Dead servers. So yeah, for all intents and purposes this is a single player game slapped with a monthly sub.

Is this your first MMO by any chance?

I only ask because if someone honestly thinks that people who criticise "end game" don't have a valid argument because 1 - 49 was ok, then they really do not understand what an MMO is and what it's supposed to achieve.

Lastly, the definition of "fun" is subjective. What one person may find "fun", another may not.

Nope.

And I never said everyone thinks end game is bad and everyone thinks leveling is great. I'm pointing out the folly of very common user reviews that give SWTOR low ratings or "do not buy" recommendations when they admit that the leveling is great. It's ridiculous for someone to say a game is bad if they had fun with it for 120+ hours.

But Bioware adding the story and choice options as well as other things FROM their single player games into a MMORPG is not? o.O

Clearly the point hasn't been made. I'll try to be clear. The problem that any multiplayer story experience has that a single player story does not have; is the multiplayer story can't single YOU out as THE hero and have the game world change because of YOUR actions, because doing so would necessitate making YOU more important to the game world than someone ELSE.

I capitalized the operative words to be that much clearer.

It's a balancing act that TOR has done better than any online multiplayer game that's come before it in terms of at least giving you the illusion that you matter to the game world at all.

Edited by Brickabrack

Multiplayer

Story

Dialogue

Characters

Backgrounds/Concept Art

Choices

Voice overs

False. ME3 has had the span of the entire series to really develop, and we've seen steady improvement in the technical areas since the start.

While I haven't tried the Multi-player yet, I do agree that the story is better, but there are still areas I really don't like. I'd also like to mention that they can get away with a lot more thanks to that M rating.

That said, at this point it would be hard for the ME storyline to suck.

RIP Mordin.

The backgrounds are nice, but who the hell cares about Concept Art? Here's what we think things should look like in an ideal world. That's all it really is. I'd say that some of the backgrounds in TOR are really nice, too, and they pulled it off in the aesthetic they were going for.

I disagree that the choices are better. Somewhat. The 'Light Side' Sith choices are...weird. That said, ME's choices tie back into how gritty and dark the story can be, and that they can get away with having a large impact on the game world.

Some of the VO's sound like they were made with a budget mike. It's great when it's supposed to. Terrible when it's not. Which seems to happen a lot on the Citadel.

Once again TOR plays like its single player for ALOT of people. Dead servers. So yeah, for all intents and purposes this is a single player game slapped with a monthly sub.

I do a lot of multi-player stuff. Sucks that you don't have guild/have a dead guild/have a guild that doesn't do anything.

what do you do when u finish ME3?

how many hour does it take to finish ME3...and how many if u rush to the end (like u probably did in SWTOR)?

how much did it cost ME3?

how many new minigame/feature are going to be implemented in ME3 in the first mounth? and in the second? and in the thirth? how much do they cost?

honestly u have no clue.

Edited by Pekish

Just because it's an mmo doesn't mean they can slack off, they boasted that the story was going to be awesome..uhm..no it isn't You can have an incredible story in an mmo.

The most consistent thing among reviewers that I've seen has given SWTOR recognition as the best story driven MMO on the market, so I don't think the devs have much to worry about on that point. I'm sure it doesn't please everyone and hopefully they will be gathering info from players to make future expansions' story lines even better. But this has been an awesome debut for a story driven MMO.

False. ME3 has had the span of the entire series to really develop, and we've seen steady improvement in the technical areas since the start.

While I haven't tried the Multi-player yet, I do agree that the story is better, but there are still areas I really don't like. I'd also like to mention that they can get away with a lot more thanks to that M rating.

That said, at this point it would be hard for the ME storyline to suck.

RIP Mordin.

The backgrounds are nice, but who the hell cares about Concept Art? Here's what we think things should look like in an ideal world. That's all it really is. I'd say that some of the backgrounds in TOR are really nice, too, and they pulled it off in the aesthetic they were going for.

I disagree that the choices are better. Somewhat. The 'Light Side' Sith choices are...weird. That said, ME's choices tie back into how gritty and dark the story can be, and that they can get away with having a large impact on the game world.

Some of the VO's sound like they were made with a budget mike. It's great when it's supposed to. Terrible when it's not. Which seems to happen a lot on the Citadel.

Fair enough, Although I disagree with you on choices be better for TOR.

Mass Effect 3 Mega Super Spoiler

Choosing between the Geth or the Qaurian's survival was 10x bigger than anything in SWTOR.