where's DPSers DPS buff to others?

Ghamsar

A healer can heal others

a tank can guard others

why can't a DPS add DPS to others?

2 healers heal each other....I guess 2 tanks can guard each other(dunno)...but can 2 DPSers create some type of synergy for better output? If not, why not?

yeah they should get something like "the money shot" where it adds 50% damage to whomever this "money shot" is aimed at

What I mean is something like Sniper/Slinger having "Called Target"...allies firing at this foe have +15% dmg for the next 3-5 secs

play with other DPS trees to add something similar

A DPS can deal DPS to others. The "others" just happen to be opponents rather than allies.

Also, most DPS classes can improve their allies' DPS buy debuffing their targets' armor or debuffing their targets' healing.

A healer can heal others

a tank can guard others

2 healers heal each other....I guess 2 tanks can guard each other(dunno)...but can 2 DPSers create some type of synergy for better output? If not, why not?

Simple Answer: 2x DPSers "synergise" by... well... killing a target quicker. Also, I suppose you could say that having a pair of DPSers that deal different types of damage (i.e. Marauder's with Aniihilation Spec deal a lot of Internal Damage via DoT's + a Rage or Carnage Marauder will deal mainly armor-mitigatable damages - although Rage gets passive 20% armor bypass and Carnage gets a 100% armor bypass for 6s) so that you can usually end up hitting what most classes happen to be most vulnerable to damage-wise.

Sentinels get such a short-term buff. We use it all the time in ops. Affects only the 3 in their "group". I've never played a JK class, so I don't know the details of whether it's "only pve" but I imagine it's reflected in SK.

acid blade does this, doesn't it? Is it just for the operative or is it for everyone hitting target?

Acid blade isn't an armor debuff.

Shatter Shot (Sniper) and Tracer Missile (Mercenary) are two examples of armor debuffs (I'm pretty sure they're not the only ones). Also, Marauders have exactly what the OP is asking for, in addition to various other target debuffs.

Acid blade isn't an armor debuff.

Shatter Shot (Sniper) and Tracer Missile (Mercenary) are two examples of armor debuffs (I'm pretty sure they're not the only ones). Also, Marauders have exactly what the OP is asking for, in addition to various other target debuffs.

Coats your instruments in acid, causing your next Hidden Strike or Backstab to deal an additional 729 internal damage over 6 seconds and increase armor penetration by 30% for 15 seconds

is this only for the operative or anyone hitting the affected?

A healer can heal others

a tank can guard others

grav round?

fail post...

is this only for the operative or anyone hitting the affected?

The way I read it, it's only for the Operative. The abilities that are for anyone decrease the target's armor instead of increasing "armor penetration".

We do...

Sundering Assault lowers target Armor

Berserk in Juyo heals the Party (not a DPS ability but a party assist)

Smash and Obfuscate apply Debuffs

Predation increasing movement speed by 50% and melee and ranged defense by 10%.

...that's just a few from Warrior

We do...

Sundering Assault lowers target Armor

Berserk in Juyo heals the Party (not a DPS ability but a party assist)

Smash and Obfuscate apply Debuffs

Predation increasing movement speed by 50% and melee and ranged defense by 10%.

...that's just a few from Warrior

all usable in pvp?

all usable in pvp?

Yes, and I failed to mention the taunt debuff that is somewhat controversial. In fact, in Huttball Predation is an awesome start of match ability.

Edited by Zarrot

I can think of at least three ways DPS can synergize as you are suggesting:

1- Armor debuffs, as mentioned above

2- DoTs that trigger circumstantial skills; for example the BH skill Rail Shot requires the target to be taking periodic damage (bleeds/fire/ etc). DPS Mercs benefit greatly when paired with other DPS that deal damage over time as a regular part of their rotation

3- Trading aggro (ranged only); This is when two (or more) DPS spread out and take turns bursting the mob then dumping agro to keep the mob kited. Two DPS can easy kill melee elites and champions this way, should your tank DC/afk or perhaps during questing. You can kill the first miniboss in HM FE like this

2- DoTs that trigger circumstantial skills; for example the BH skill Rail Shot requires the target to be taking periodic damage (bleeds/fire/ etc). DPS Mercs benefit greatly when paired with other DPS that deal damage over time as a regular part of their rotation

yeah, I read that scoundrel has a bene over operative in this, as the poison Ops use isn't used by others, but the Bleed effect of scoundrels are.

yeah, I read that scoundrel has a bene over operative in this, as the poison Ops use isn't used by others, but the Bleed effect of scoundrels are.

Bleeds are probably the best form of DoT since it is difficult to mitigate and provides the most classes with some benefit for being on the target. Burn damage works really well for the pyrotech mercs - I know my PT DPS applies a bunch of burn so that the mercs can just rail shot all day and reap huge benefits. And I dont remember but I think the assassin/healing sorc can apply a dot that the DPS sorc can leverage for a good DPS increase as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.