Why on Earth?

bellok

Why on Earth are people still leaving warzones in mass droves? I thought we had this fixed.

there is still the wz matches win daily/weekly...people will continue to quit losing matches until this quest is taken away....however I think it's foolish because even a loss nets you like over 2k valor and 80 comms.

there is still the wz matches win daily/weekly...people will continue to quit losing matches until this quest is taken away....however I think it's foolish because even a loss nets you like over 2k valor and 80 comms.

Aha so that is the problem. Daily wz wins need to go away and we should just go by the kill/armament thing that was on Ilum, only a seperate one for wz's too.

Some of us pvp not for the reward system, but for...pvp. I join a WZ w/6-7 Inquisitors running around and we are already short a few for said reason above, I wont bother sticking around so I can get facerolled by easymode class. Could care less what the "reward" is.

Bring them to our level or bring the rest of us to them, til then this "fix" to the leave problem does nothing but allows people to sit on one captured spot for the so called reward.

Edited by Wetworks

Some of us pvp not for the reward system, but for...pvp. I join a WZ w/6-7 Inquisitors running around I wont bother sticking around so I can get facerolled by easymode class. Could care less what the "reward" is.

Bring them to our level or bring the rest of us to them, til then this "fix" to the leave problem does nothing but allows people to sit on one captured spot for the so called reward.

Agreed that Alderaan wz you and I ran earlier was crazy with 7 sorcs. That too is also an issue. There shouldn't be more than 4 of the same class in any one wz.

Edited by bellok

I stay to the end no matter what, always have and always will. AND! Today... I noticed my valor score went up because I was the last to leave the scoreboard (I like studying the classes, damage, names, heals etc). Possibly it bought me an extra vote, and that's what did it. I was not paying attention to that.

No matter what, staying to the end of a loss will get you more valor with chances for kills, heals, guards, votes. Maybe they even added a "bonus" for non quitters /shrug.

If you were guaranteed to get immediately into a new warzone after quitting, I could understand the leaving/joining more but your time statistically is better spent sticking out those last 5 minutes IMO.

Once, we had a quitter who ended up rejoining the SAME warzone and quit again. :rolleyes:

Being that obvious, can buy you a lot of /ignores and less chances of getting into warzones; we NON quitters do NOTICE.

Resist quitting! :cool:

Agreed that Alderaan wz you and I ran earlier was crazy with 7 sorcs. That too is also an issue. There shouldn't be more than 4 of the same class in any one wz.

"There shouldn't be more than 4 of the same class in any one wz."

100% agree

Well here is an idea, a *gasp* penalty for those leaving a wz where if they win in a wz within 30 minutes of leaving another, that win doesn't count? I don't know, it sounds harsh, but they are wasting my time by leaving. Another thing I would like to see possibly is for the warzones to shutdown after more than half of the original group has left. It shouldn't even allow new players in after that. Edited by bellok

I stay to the end no matter what, always have and always will. AND! Today... I noticed my valor score went up because I was the last to leave the scoreboard (I like studying the classes, damage, names, heals etc). Possibly it bought me an extra vote, and that's what did it. I was not paying attention to that.

No matter what, staying to the end of a loss will get you more valor with chances for kills, heals, guards, votes. Maybe they even added a "bonus" for non quitters /shrug.

If you were guaranteed to get immediately into a new warzone after quitting, I could understand the leaving/joining more but your time statistically is better spent sticking out those last 5 minutes IMO.

Once, we had a quitter who ended up rejoining the SAME warzone and quit again. :rolleyes:

Being that obvious, can buy you a lot of /ignores and less chances of getting into warzones; we NON quitters do NOTICE.

Resist quitting! :cool:

But whats the point? it sure is not for pvp. Now I wont leave w/5m left, but we get facerolled by easymodes that reach in the numbers of 6+ a WZ in the first 5m....no thank you, this so called class should have been fixed, or what Bellok said only X amount of class allowed per WZ.

Assassin tanks in dps gear beating everyone to death is a nerf waiting to happen. LOL even in the summit they talked about High defence Low damage. So its just a matter of time before that gets placed in the same line as Jugg and Power techs.

But they did say something about it being based on the medals earned. Instead of the win, you gain say 30 medals it is then counted as the WZ daily.

Resolve is also something I'm not a fan of. Merely because being chain stunned for 8 seconds without a full duration of Immune to stun is a bit ridiculous. I would say they need to change resolve to ignore Knock backs but fill up more on stuns and remain FULL for longer duration.

People should get knocked around, but I dont think they should lose control over their character and remain paralyzed while they just get rolled to death.

Assassin tanks in dps gear beating everyone to death is a nerf waiting to happen. LOL even in the summit they talked about High defence Low damage. So its just a matter of time before that gets placed in the same line as Jugg and Power techs.

But they did say something about it being based on the medals earned. Instead of the win, you gain say 30 medals it is then counted as the WZ daily.

That works for me actually. I don't really care how they do it, just as long as they get away from the daily wz wins.

Why on Earth are people still leaving warzones in mass droves? I thought we had this fixed.

Don´t forget that there also seems a bug in the current version that dcs/crashes/whatever people... so them leaving is not necessarily by choice ^^

I was in the "I'll never leave no matter what" camp....

but I've actually found that there are times when pretty much my entire team is either to inept or unwilling to even try and work together for objectives. When everyone is off doing their own thing, won't group up, won't answer calls for help to guard nodes, fight way off in the middle of the WZ while the enemy plants bombs on the doors etc.

I'm always willing to stick with my team, as long as I get the feeling they're at least trying to win. But if they can't be bothered with objectives or just basic team work... I'm outta there.

Took me 4 hours other day to get my daily pvp quest done on the rep side and that was 12 war zones..I think I only bailed on 1 and that was huttball which I hate and within the first 4 mins we were 5 -0 down and so much QQ I left lol.

I can understand why peeps bail and I can't wait till the deserter buff comes in.

As for the 2 certain classes they need to fix the animation or something the idea that has been put in that there can't be more than 4 of the same class is a good idea but the queues would be long as there are a lot of those easy mode classes out there.

Edited by Avorniel

I quit warzones because I don't have 5 hours to finish my pvp dailies. I enjoy playing in competitive warzones even if it's a losing effort but when I am short on time and trying to finish the daily I'll quit if I know or at least highly suspect my team will lose. Three warzone wins can take a ridiculous amount of time. I played on a weekend once where it took me 7 hours to win 3 games. Seven freakin hours.

I work and have adult responsibilities in life. It should not take hours upon hours to finish one daily quest. Until they remove the pvp daily quests I will continue to quit games. I have about 2-3 hours a day to play at most and unfortunately I cannot finish the warzone daily in that time without quitting matches.

I know it makes a lot of people angry but honestly the team fills up fast after people quit anyway so it never bothered me personally. I'll be pretty upset myself if they add a deserter buff without removing the 3 warzone win pvp daily quest.

I'm lucky, on my server there are only a handful of people who regularly quit losing WZs and so I probably see more DCs than actual quits. It always amuses me, though, that after those individuals quit at the start of a game we often go on to win (assuming somebody replaces them.)