WZ crashes/DCs since 1.1.5

Zarrot

Anyone else experience an vastly increased number of WZ DC and crashes since 1.1.5? Saw 4 guys drop right at the end of Huttball. I dropped at least 4 times tonight and a number of guildies have seen the same. I ran without an issue prior to the last patch.

Just saw someone drop in a Civil war at about the same time the enemy team ship went from 5 to 0.

Other then the extra amount of people leaving while losing, that is the only one I have seen as a disconnect.

I just came here to make a thread on this very subject!

Yes, I was booted several times tonight from WZs, but I know it wasn't from anything on my end. It seemed that each time I was booted other players were booted from the WZ at the same time.

When you do log back in, you can't requeue because the game still thinks you are in the WZ... you have to log off again and relog to queue.

Kind of a pain.

Hopefully they will fix it by tomorrow.

Yes, please read my reply here...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=346287

Some imperial toon's ability, no clue what, is causing some exploit to spam or otherwise lag multiple people, and if they do it excessively it is causing crash straight to server select. If they only do it so much it makes their toon rubber-band or otherwise not appear in the correct spot, makes them immune to knockback, and other effects.

Look, I play as a healer and in pvp i can watch these things. Something's very wrong, it has to do with an imperial exploit, and somewhere people are sharing info about it because over time today it has started happening on different servers.

Some imperial toon's ability, no clue what, is causing some exploit to spam or otherwise lag multiple people, and if they do it excessively it is causing crash straight to server select. If they only do it so much it makes their toon rubber-band or otherwise not appear in the correct spot, makes them immune to knockback, and other effects.

Look, I play as a healer and in pvp i can watch these things. Something's very wrong, it has to do with an imperial exploit, and somewhere people are sharing info about it because over time today it has started happening on different servers.

republic have an identical ability, because its been dropping me out of matches all day long :(

I got server dropped twice tonight - once at the end of a Huttball match (we were about to win, of course) and then once randomly in the Fleet. I played from around 7ish to 11ish. So I didn't drop a lot, but twice in a few hours is more than I drop ever.

This was getting worse prior to the patch and I have been reporting it. One post thought it might be tied to healing, since he speced back to dps he had not dropped.

Why do you always drop when winning. It is almost like the other side knows a way to crash you out so they can win.

It never happened to me before today except issues with my ISP.

I know it isn't healing because I am a gunslinger and can't heal.

I find it highly unlikely that 3-6 other players would be booted from the same warzone as me for any reason other than some new bug or exploit.

Take that coupled with the issues of abilities not going off/being delayed and general new glitchiness and I think this is something new from the patch, not something that was going on before.

Not that I would pay to test the game but maybe if they would allow transfers to test that some of these bugs if not an exploit could be discovered.

How difficult would it be to have a gm go in and give you a zillion exp or change your level. If tools like this do not exist this game is in far worse shape than I though.

How do they expect us to test end game content, bad as it is, if there are no level 50 toons or very few.

Out of 5 WZ queues, 3 immediately kicked me OUT of warzone. 2 were immediate (accept queue, fleet loading screen, second later FLEET!) The last was after we had just won (surpassed the other team, defended first) in voidstar. Literally as soon as the 3rd door blew open I was sent to the fleet. Throughout that match I experienced no lag/rubber banding sith. It was just fine one moment... screen froze for a second... fleet. I talked with someoen in the game and I was the only one that got kicked. There were others in the fleet ************ about this since the patch... so figured they broke something (for some people)?

Chiming in with this happening and I thought something was up, I end up looking down and I see through the world as well. usually happens right at the end of a WZ too.

I have had same issue(only in Voidstar and Hutball)...but am confused...on what basis does the other poster suspect it is a exploit? The crashes Ive had all caused my PC to disconnect from internet as well. I lose vent sometimes and others not. Is this a separate issue? If this is being done deliberately and they have caused this..I can tell you from a networking and IT persepctive there is a massively big issue with this as it means Biowars game servers have been compromised. Im not so sure this is what is happening but perhaps someone else can let us know?

I played wz's all evening long until the queues stopped, with my guildies. It never happened to me but it happened to a lot of people i was partied up with. I'd say around five to ten times. A couple of times some of my partners lost connection and guildies whom were in vent with us, but on a different huttball match, lost connection at the exact same time. Had a guildie say that on voidstar almost the entire other team lost connection. I also noticed a little more lag than usual at first, but it got better after a couple of load screens. Highly doubt it is an exploit because it is just too soon after the patch. Edited by SacredSerpent

Happened to me twice last night (and I have only seen a few crashes in the months before that). The first time was in the middle of an Alderan fight - lagged then crashed to server selection screen. When I logged back into my character I was out of the WZ but couldn't queue because the game apparently thought I was still in. I had to quit and restart the game completely before I could queue again.

The second time was the same except the crash happened as I was loading into a WZ (not sure which).

I dropped right as I was scoring in Huttball. They need to fix this fast because last night I was doing partial premades with my guild and every other game 3 out of the 4 of us were getting crashed out in the middle. This cant wait for server maintenace next week because a wasted 10-15 minutes every other WZ is unacceptable.

<<

>>

I did see one Imp (Oops on Ven Zallow in case someone wants to watch him) last night leap accross a bridge in Voidstar. He "lept" across it just as the bridge was extending and actually beat the extension. He phased in and out of visibility while being in cover by the door for a couple minutes after that and I couldn't attack him. I've never seen that before; definitely looked like hacking but I didn't/don't jump to conclusions about that sort of thing.

9000 network errors have just started hitting me within the last week. I'm all but positive that it isn't my network (I run speedtest.net right after and my speed is almost always very very good) and I know it isn't my router/pc (I have more than one pc and tried skipping the router for awhile).

Edited by WaywardOne

<<

>>

I did see one Imp (Oops on Ven Zallow in case someone wants to watch him) last night leap accross a bridge in Voidstar. He "lept" across it just as the bridge was extending and actually beat the extension. He phased in and out of visibility while being in cover by the door for a couple minutes after that and I couldn't attack him. I've never seen that before; definitely looked like hacking but I didn't/don't jump to conclusions about that sort of thing.

9000 network errors have just started hitting me within the last week. I'm all but positive that it isn't my network (I run speedtest.net right after and my speed is almost always very very good) and I know it isn't my router/pc (I have more than one pc and tried skipping the router for awhile).

Thanks for the Theory Mulder. We appreciate it. Now, you can go hunt aliens elsewhere and keep this thread for actual crash reports and evidence...

As for me, I noticed some at the end of games and some when it seem like I was getting a medal. I definitely saw large chunks of teams get bounced at the end of rounds.

• 2 weeks later...
It still occasionally happens to my fellow players and i have had it happen once in a awhile but since last patch it has improved remarkable. I suspect once 1.2 comes out a lot of the "weird" behavior in warzones will diminish as they start tracking combat logs...I think we all know why :)