Problems with Bowdaar

jaxdane

I guess what I'm wondering is if after getting him to join your party after the beast mastery quest is he supposed to go away???

I encountered the bug during beast mastery where Azariel doesn't show up to interrupt you, after going to a few different planets (completing the drop off to coruscant) and speaking to risha several times I read that someone worked around the bug by dismissing Bowdaar (which worked for me right away).

After completing beast mastery I went into the ship and spoke to bowdaar who was standing near the entrance way after that he just vanished from the crew managment window.

BW eludes in the help center that some characters ay leave again but I'm not sure if ths is the case now or not as nothing is ever said about him leaving again (oh and he shows up in class quest cutscenes as well).

Edited by jaxdane

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok something similar just happened to me.

I just finished Nar Shaddaa and picked up Bowdarr.

He was still a guest, but I swapped him in for the trip back to the ship.

I had some gifts already lined up for him, so was feeding them to him on the way back.

I got to the ship and talked to Risha and picked up the next mission.

Before going to the ship to "save the damsel in distress" I decided to stop at Coruscant first to finish up the Companion Quest for Corso.

When I got out of the ship I had no companion. When I pulled up the crew skill window, Bowdaar was missing.

I went back into the ship and he was still missing from my crew skill window.

I got a /bug report opened for it now, and a CSR is looking at it (The ticket is currently "locked").

Soon as I hear back I'll let you know what happens.

I also have this problem. He was on my ship and I even did his first companion quest. But after I completed that I noticed no affection gain for him in the reward dialog (despite getting affection for my answers). I checked the crew list and he is not there. I tried relogging and I finished both the distress call and the mission to Coruscant - he is still missing.

Ok ticket was moved to the Dev Queue.

No ETA on a fix.

I'm guessing they won't be able to look at it till Business hours tomorrow.

I'd suggest putting an ingame /bug report if you haven't yet.

I guess what I'm wondering is if after getting him to join your party after the beast mastery quest is he supposed to go away???

I encountered the bug during beast mastery where Azariel doesn't show up to interrupt you, after going to a few different planets (completing the drop off to coruscant) and speaking to risha several times I read that someone worked around the bug by dismissing Bowdaar (which worked for me right away).

After completing beast mastery I went into the ship and spoke to bowdaar who was standing near the entrance way after that he just vanished from the crew managment window.

BW eludes in the help center that some characters ay leave again but I'm not sure if ths is the case now or not as nothing is ever said about him leaving again (oh and he shows up in class quest cutscenes as well).

I had the exact same problem as Jaxdane. Right after I talked to Bowdaar for the first time in my ship (after the beast mastery quest was completed by talking to Risha and watching the cutscene with Bowdaar in it) he simply vanished. Vanished from my ship and from my crewskills window. I also get the feeling that he wasn't supposed to be randomly standing in the hallway when I talked to him either, but I'm unsure about that. And I was level 25 when I got him. I also only ever saw him as a "guest" in my crew skills window.

I was able to move on and complete my next class quest though so the class quest progression seems to be unhindered. Bowdaar just isn't there to experience it with me :(

Edited by Anthlamar

My Bowdaar also had some funny business; when I got back to the ship he's supposed to be there to have the initial conversation with (I never switched him in between leaving the Beast Mastery part and getting to the ship) but while the minimap shows the quest marker, he's nowhere to be found. He did function as a companion though, and I got that first talk in on the fleet in the cantina area there, after that he's worked properly and is amassing affection.

So maybe I escaped disaster by not switching him in before returning to the ship or something? Good luck getting your situations sorted out.

I am having this issue too. I never switched to Bowdaar before entering the ship, so that wouldn't be the problem :| Risha is also stuck with a quest symbol above her head but doesn't go into a cinematic phase. I sent in a ticket myself, I'll let you know what they say if they fix me up first.

I am having this issue too. I never switched to Bowdaar before entering the ship, so that wouldn't be the problem :| Risha is also stuck with a quest symbol above her head but doesn't go into a cinematic phase. I sent in a ticket myself, I'll let you know what they say if they fix me up first.

I had that with Risha also, but I did get a cinematic from her when I left Nar Shaddaa by flashpoint shuttle and later returned with my ship.

For the record I never switched to Bowdaar either after getting him and I am 28.

At this point I am scared to progress further in my class quest in case later events are affected. In particular I would not like to lose any more companions.

Statement: Same here. I have no Bowdaar. He's not in my crew skill window, not on my ship. I was able to speak to Risha once about going to Alderaan and Tatooine. I got to Tatooine figuring he'll show up when I get there. He's still not there.

Statement: And Risha indicates I can talk to her (the yellow triangle above her head), but when I click her, it doesn't start a conversation.

Query: When you have an answer BioWare, please answer the query: What's going on?

I had something like this when I was levelling up. The fix for me was to use the ship intercom and it initiated the conversation for me, even though the waypoint was pointing to where bowdarr was supposed to be.

Hope that helps.

I had something like this when I was levelling up. The fix for me was to use the ship intercom and it initiated the conversation for me, even though the waypoint was pointing to where bowdarr was supposed to be.

Hope that helps.

I tried that, no response and Bowdaar is still AWOL.

So far I've tried everything we talked about and no luck. I submitted a ticket so hopefully Bioware will be able to figure it out soon. I really don't want to progress in my class quest with a companion missing as I don't know how involved he will be in the story. I guess I'll just have to pvp or switch toons until it's fixed. Oh, and Risha also has quest icon over her head with no dialogue for me as well.

same sith happend to me!! DA FRAK! he was the one companion i was looking forward to cause range tanking with my gunslinger isnt cutting if for me. was hoping to use bowdaar as my new tank companion and nope! wookie go bye bye

Hmmm, perhaps I should send Cap'n Tappit on to Nar Shadaa tonight to investigate this further. I did not have any issues with my other three smugglers getting our big wookiee friend.

Did the same thing on all three of them. Did the missions to get Bowie, went to ship, talked on intercom. Boom wookieage.

perhaps there's something afoot, and perhaps I should create a smuggler named Sherlock instead of Tappit for this case...

Hmmm, perhaps I should send Cap'n Tappit on to Nar Shadaa tonight to investigate this further. I did not have any issues with my other three smugglers getting our big wookiee friend.

Did the same thing on all three of them. Did the missions to get Bowie, went to ship, talked on intercom. Boom wookieage.

perhaps there's something afoot, and perhaps I should create a smuggler named Sherlock instead of Tappit for this case...

i tired talking with the intercom to see if it works. nothing happens....guess its a bug with the new patch they need to fix asap