Bioware is screwed

Jadeor

As the title says, pvp wise, bioware is sorta screwed :/

Think that everyone who likes playing pvp can agree that the change for making max level gear easily obtaintable, without the most insane grind in the world, is a very good thing.

Is it too late?

Alot of people i know that are serious into playing warzones and pvp in general, either quit pre 1.1 because it was all a grind for valor, or quit after 1.1 due to promis of fixed ilum which was 100% a fiasco and game still beeing about grinding out that valor for dat dat bm gear.

This means that the game is stuck with the huge meme's who play pvp to grind valor, and enjoy pewpewing lower geared opponents hard in the face to get the illusion that they are insanely skilled, and the best player on their server.

Now they are trying to make every having equal gear (sorta), but the playerbase who really wanted this already quit the game? and the playerbase who despite this are the only ones left? No matter what they do, they are screwed :p

Let pvp beeing about grind and keep meme's

or fix pvp, and let meme's ragequit due to handed out gear, and trying to focus on the future of the game.

What do you think bioware should do?

**FYI, personally have a VR 67 jedi shadow, so im not one of the 13k hp carebears, just wanted to gear handed out, i just like an even playing field in a skill based type of play**

I think a couple things.

One: This is BW's first MMO, it's going to have problems and those problems will need to be addressed

Two: BW knows how to put out a good game. There's a pretty good track record there, so I don't think maintaining an audience or attracting new players is an issue.

I have known a lot of the top pvp'ers on my server, and no one has rage quit this game but one Imperial IA. That isn't to say everyone thinks things are peachy, but there are enough good elements to stick around and see how it evolves.

That said, I have found it interesting that the pvp community will look at a large number of imperials and republic players in Ilum, and some will say 'yay, world zerg pvp', while others will say 'yay, let's organize kills swaps'. If you love to pvp, why would you not do it when the opportunity presents itself. Especially now that getting gear gets easier and easier.

And if you kill swap, everyone will have the best gear, so it becomes irrelevant. Maybe that is it. Kill swapping players don't want pvp gear, they would rather it be completely skilled base. I guess there is some merit there.

Now they are trying to make every having equal gear (sorta), but the playerbase who really wanted this already quit the game? and the playerbase who despite this are the only ones left? No matter what they do, they are screwed :p

I don't think the players that this change benefits all quit the game, and the game is new enough to expect a lot more people trying it out in the future. The number of players who despise this are not enough to keep/grow a healthy PvP community.

They really don't have anymore of a choice than WoW did if they're going with frequent gear refreshing. Actually, they have even less of a choice until cross-server WZ are implemented and the population goes up. If you can't entice PvE players and new players to PvP with veteran PvP players as quickly as possible, your PvP community will die even if it has a healthy amount of top-end attrition.

If gear-centric PvP'ers (lol) wanted a longer/more significant grind to to the top then there needed to be less of an emphasis on gear. The higher you make the gear cap, the easier it has to be to get to compete with it, or else you will run out of competition eventually.

The cycle is really silly to people that have fun in PvP regardless of gear.

I find it odd, i am a causal pvper, and recently went to ilum for first time, i only have a few cent pieces and two champs. When i went to ilum had about 16 vs 16 and we got stomped, then we would organize them stomp them. as far as i know we werent kill swapping. It was fun. then did a 6vs6 and wanst as fun due to lack of chaos, and somes got beat to heck but that just made me want to try harder. I must be weird, and I dont think the grind is all that bad either. I expect people pvping more to be better skilled/geared. To many QQs I guess.

**FYI, personally have a VR 67 jedi shadow, so im not one of the 13k hp carebears, just wanted to gear handed out, i just like an even playing field in a skill based type of play**

You're a battlemaster carebear who's crying over the fact the 13k hp carebears will get equal gear and faceroll you with skills.

So, your friends quit because of the grind for valor.

They fix valor so it's easier to get, and that's supposed to be bad?

His friends should return if this is what they wanted.

And since Valor is really only going to be an aesthetic prestige, I no longer see an issue with it, so long as there is a marginal requirement for T3 gear, like there is with T3 PvE gear.

A complete bad isn't going to get full Rakata as fast as someone who's progressed through all of the content multiple times, same should apply for PvP.

You're a battlemaster carebear who's crying over the fact the 13k hp carebears will get equal gear and faceroll you with skills.

Were in my original post do u hint that i think its a bad change?

Think that everyone who likes playing pvp can agree that the change for making max level gear easily obtaintable, without the most insane grind in the world, is a very good thing.

Is it too late?

Alot of people i know that are serious into playing warzones and pvp in general, either quit pre 1.1 because it was all a grind for valor, or quit after 1.1 due to promis of fixed ilum which was 100% a fiasco and game still beeing about grinding out that valor for dat dat bm gear.

This means that the game is stuck with the huge meme's who play pvp to grind valor, and enjoy pewpewing lower geared opponents hard in the face to get the illusion that they are insanely skilled, and the best player on their server.

or fix pvp, and let meme's ragequit due to handed out gear, and trying to focus on the future of the game.

1) the majority of players who play this game are pve oriented people. So no. The MAJORITY of players will LOVE this change.

2) If you really think you are a good player and are complaining about this (not saying you are complaining I am saying this for those that are)? You aren't. Why? You wouldn't be whining about a gear edge that you wouldn't need as a good player.

3) The only people Bioware will lose over this is scrubs who have nowhere else to go, and will come back anyways. In WoW you have to arena to get the best gear in which you don't have a gear edge.

BTW I have two BM's and I could care less if they sent everyone freakin BM in the mail when they hit 50 and just made different skins for rated warzones. I pvp for the "fun of it". This might come as a shock to some people who see this game as a second job...

Edited by biowareftw

Is it too late?

bioware specificly stated SWTOR is a casual MMO for casual gamers. meaning everyone has a chance to get top gear not just the players with no life.

also players without much time on there hands wont get griefed by kids in top gear for months while they gear up. another thing im glad top gear is easily optainable.