Resolve, stun lock and the yellow glow crap in huttball

Anniepants

So i have researched and scoured the web for info on the actual mechanics of the resolve bar in pvp. I have also looked everywhere for info on the "yellow glow" crap that almost everyone but me seems to be able to activate in huttball. I have never seen the yellow glow crap in any wz but huttball. I read a lengthy post on the resolve bar, and the dude claimed that if you waited til your resolve bar was white and then used you cc breaker that is what caused the yellow glow imunity to everything crap. I have put that into use several times to no avail. I have also seen players get the yellow glow crap instantly as soon as they get possession of the ball, sometimes even before they have possession.

As far as resolve and cc immunity is concerned, I cannot tell you how any times i have had a full white resolve bar and yet still get stun locked. It is really aggravating that so many other players especially of the other faction activate the yellow glow crap.. and also have a resolve bar that when white functions properly. Any comments, suggestions, explanations are most welcome.

Thx in advance to peeps who contribute worthwhile info to this thread.

negative.... I have seen almost every class get the yellow glow crap... every type of sith inquis, not just shadow, jugg and marauder, jedi knight and sentinel, jedi sage and consular, troopers, smugglers,all types of BH.. pretty much every class... and almost always when they have the ball.

By yellow glow, do you mean the pillar of yellow light that highlights a Frog dog ball carrier?

EDIT: Just read your later post, Frog dog ball carriers are highlighted with yellow, rotworm ball carriers are highlighted in purple. Neither has anything to do with resolve.

Edited by Rehash

You cannot be stunned while resolve is full. What you are seeing is roots. There are roots that will stop you in your tracks and immobilize you. Roots/snares are not affected by resolve so you can be 100% full on resolve and still get stuck in place.

Resolve will stop you from being pulled, knocked back, stunned, mezzed thats it. Too many people think they are getting "stunned" when they are actually rooted in place. 100% roots need to be placed on the resolve timer and that would go a long way to fix the broken CC system.

What you have to understand (and it is stated in the Resolve post) is that a stun release is not a movement speed decrease release. Some classes do not utilize a stun that prevents all movement AND action, they only have an ability that prevents movement aka a root.

Resolve only works for STUN, not for movement impairments/ROOTS.

Edited by Hanak