Queues, you have to fix it!

Anabola

Yesterday I received my early access mail and I'm still unable to play because of queues!

I would like to play with my friends and the server is always full. Usually we have to wait at least an hour.

I'm following you on tweet and you are opening new servers:

SWTOR The Old Republic

We are opening a new #SWTOR server: Krath (West Coast PvE)!

7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

The Old Republic

SWTOR The Old Republic

Correction: Ven Zallow and The Corsair are East Coast!

8 hours ago

The Old Republic

SWTOR The Old Republic

and Darth Andeddu (EU German PvE)!

8 hours ago

The Old Republic

SWTOR The Old Republic

...Kai-kan (EU English PvP), Bao-Dur (EU English PvE), Ludo Kressh (EU English PvE), and The Krath Enchanter (EU German PvP)...

8 hours ago

The Old Republic

SWTOR The Old Republic

We are opening 8 new #SWTOR servers: The Corsair (West Coast PvE), Ven Zallow (West Coast RP-PvP), Uthar Wynn (EU English PvP)...

8 hours ago

We are opening two new #SWTOR servers: Thana Vesh (East Cost PvE) and Zaalbar (West Coast PvE)!

11 hours ago

Did you think about fixing old servers/queues instead of opening new ones?

Probably new players will continue to log on old servers to follow friends increasing queues times.

Edited by Anabola

Yeah that's a good question cause i notice same problem also on different servers, a 15/30 minutes queue is acceptable but if the queue start to be 1 hour or more start to be a problem. An example could be Tomb of Freedon Nadd that seems to be one of the most choosen server.

/quote

I can understand 10-15 mins queue time, but 1h30 min queue time for Tomb of Freedon Nadd ,when i've only 2-3 hours of my time available, it's unacceptable. I don't want to start again on another server, cause my community and all my friends are on this one.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=28083

Please bump this thread. Needs to get more popular and grab the developers attention!

I know how MMO releases work and this sort of thing is some what expected, but when you happen to be in the ONE server thats alllllways takes 1-2hrs to get in it gets frustrating. Please Bioware, add this feature in the release/next patch PLEEEEASE.

Edited by papa_pip

They're adding new servers, and these ques always happen at the release of games, and with WoW at the release of major updates. This is normal, and they usually take a week or 2 after release to clear up. Calm down, you'll survive it :)

I know that it's normal for a game lunch, but this is an early game access!

What do you expect for the official lunch if players have to wait 1 hour on early access?

Edited by Anabola

The server transfer could be a usefull "option", but it's not the solution.

A friend of mine logged in at 7:10pm, and he waited 4 hours to join into the game at 11:20pm. He played for at least an hour, the game crashed and relogging he found another 1230 players queue.

IHMO the server transfer is not the solution.

My experience:

I was playing the game just some mins ago. My internet connection goes down for 30 secs and relogging I have found a 1450 players queue.

Unbelievable!

@Bioware

Probably you want to split players on more servers but I don't think this is the right way to handle the situation.

FIX the queues and gain more rep.

Add some kind of "limited time reserverd slot" for players that got disconnection, and gain more rep.

Edited by Anabola

1.5-2 hour queues before release is beyond ridiculous.

More so that your stress test forums were overflowed by complaints about people waiting.

Do you seriously think we'll keep giving you our money to watch a count-down for 90 minutes a day?

I don't.

1.5-2 hour queues before release is beyond ridiculous.

More so that your stress test forums were overflowed by complaints about people waiting.

Do you seriously think we'll keep giving you our money to watch a count-down for 90 minutes a day?

I don't.

Agreed. I've been sitting at an hour for the second day now and it's not even officially released. Sure this is a good thing but damn I've wasted time I could be using to level and enjoy myself.

This is not a rant, I'm not quitting or anything but please do something about the queue or let us get free transfers off the server. :(

THIS IS SERIOUSLY RIDICULOUS AND UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Some of these server queues are 1 hour 15 minutes which is not only completely absurd, it is unprofessional and plain stupid. ANY QUEUE at all is unacceptable. LISTEN EA/BIOWARE, you have to fix this immediately.

I don't understand how this can be happening. We've paid for a game that we now have to wait in order to play. This is utterly beyond words. This isn't a beta, there is no excuse.

THIS IS SERIOUSLY RIDICULOUS AND UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Some of these server queues are 1 hour 15 minutes which is not only completely absurd, it is unprofessional and plain stupid. ANY QUEUE at all is unacceptable. LISTEN EA/BIOWARE, you have to fix this immediately.

I don't understand how this can be happening. We've paid for a game that we now have to wait in order to play. This is utterly beyond words. This isn't a beta, there is no excuse.

There really is no point complaining on the forums, the only way to get communication through to BioWare is on Stephen Reid's twitter, pretty much.

Hello everyone,

We know that the game queues are an important topic and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will also help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in this ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!