So wait...why can't we get "Of the Jedi Council" as a title anymore?

GrandMasterOteg

If it's because for RP purposes becaus you don't want 50 running around the fleet then by that logic we certainly shouldn't have the Barsen'thor title.

"You are the only Living Barsen'thor one of 3 to ever hold the title in history"

*meanwhile on the Republic Fleet

40 Barsen'thors run by you.

*shrug* It was one of the many many casualities of the Great Beta Title Purge along with General, Emperor's Wrath, and almost all world arc titles. I doubt we will ever truly know why all of them were removed. All we can do is mourn their passing.

I hope they give those back...

Not all Masters are on the Council. Qui-Gon Jinn for example.

Council members are usually masters but not always. Notable examples: Ki Adi Mundi (pre-episode 1), Anakin Skywalker.

I prefer the 'Master' title anyways.

• 4 weeks later...
I hope they give those back...

Seriously, it doesn't make sense why they took those away. Things like Paladin of Organa, Scourge of the Underworld and so on.

It can't be because they didnt want you to get too many titles too fast.... on my consular, i got 3 within a few missions;

Emissary of Teral, Barsen'thor, Master

Specifically with the Jedi Council title, plus the other end-game titles, it would probably look a bit odd. There is supposed to be one "Emperor's Wrath", and the Jedi Council is only a small number (what is it, 8 seats in the Council chamber?).

So the possibility of having 150 Jedi Council members wandering around Republic Fleet trying to find a group for HM Flashpoints might put a dent in some peoples' immersion :)

Specifically with the Jedi Council title, plus the other end-game titles, it would probably look a bit odd. There is supposed to be one "Emperor's Wrath", and the Jedi Council is only a small number (what is it, 8 seats in the Council chamber?).

So the possibility of having 150 Jedi Council members wandering around Republic Fleet trying to find a group for HM Flashpoints might put a dent in some peoples' immersion :)

But the very existence of titles like "Barsen'thor" renders that point moot. There have only been THREE Barsen'thors in the history of the Jedi Order, including the pc. And yet today alone i ran past 7 or so, including myself.

It seems like a bad idea to to reduce content that has already been coded and tested, especially in a game that badly needs diversity. Which is not to say it lacks available titles, but rather that it is young, and any diversity is welcome at this point.

Edited by Verg

"Of the Jedi Council" (as well as the Emperor's Wrath) could be seen as a spoiler, whereas "Master" would not.

Also, while Barsen'thor is the rarer title, people who haven't played Consular aren't as likely to go, "what's with all these Barsen'thor's?" as they are with the Council Members.

Just my $0.02

I really wish they hadn't purged the rest of the titles, though.

Edited by Darth_Vicente

"Of the Jedi Council" (as well as the Emperor's Wrath) could be seen as a spoiler, whereas "Master" would not.

Also, while Barsen'thor is the rarer title, people who haven't played Consular aren't as likely to go, "what's with all these Barsen'thor's?" as they are with the Council Members.

Just my $0.02

I really wish they hadn't purged the rest of the titles, though.

But for all anyone that doesn't have them knows you could screw up and not get them, this is the case for the Jedi Knight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.