Reusables will disappear over time!

Sky_walkerPL

HELL YEA!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Finally.

The news right from guild summit - something that was expected to come for a long while - Reusables will phase out from the game over time to give away space for user-crafted economy.

No more eternal running with biochem after jumping through professions, no more profession with no costs, no more nonsense of "consumable-reusable" no more this whole crap.

Good. Everyone use mats, everyone pay for buffs, everyone start to stand on a similar ground, including the PvP.

Joy.

I actually hate this. I picked biochem because I knew at level 50 you need flasks and pots. I have zero interest in adding the chore of crafting stupid crap to my list of things to do in game. There was nothing wrong with the concept of a reusable flask, especially when you consider the fact that pretty soon all raiders and PVPers will be in orange critted gear to be optimal.

Edited by Dystopic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was nothing wrong with the concept of a reusable flask, especially when you consider the fact that pretty soon all raiders and PVPers will be in orange critted gear to be optimal.

If biochem remained as it is, they'd just level the proff, make the orange crit gear (some of which can be gotten at level 15) and reroll biochem. Again.

total BS. just wait and see how many people drop biochem completely after this piece of idiocy comes to reality.

LOL what like they all dropped other professions to become them in the first place, LOL....!!!

Interesting, if this happens and they also phase out BoP items for other professions (either through being replaced by moddables or better endgame gear), then we'll end up in a situation where no crew skill has any advantage over any other save for being a different way to make/save money because everything that can be crafted can be bought and sold.

So a boon to the merchant crafters and a curse to the min/max crafters. And a boon to people who would rather skip crafting entirely and just grind credits to buy the best gear.

As I've said before, biochem never needed to be nerfed....all other crafts needed to be made stronger. Absolutely no reason to have any crafts now. Crit craft everything you need, then what? I don't know. Like the guy said a couple of posts up, biochemists are going to stockpile stims and medpacks for themselves and their guild, which will make the market go up exponentially! With this bill, plus the added 75k I see now per armor break, I will be even more broke than I currently am. :(

This just makes biochem more profitable I don't really mind the reusable med pack/stims but the adrenals will always make biochem king unless they remove the biochem restriction on them because I can roll any profession get everything I need and then just reroll biochem which is basically what people are doing anyways.

I'm dropping Biochem. I never really cared for ̶P̶r̶o̶f̶e̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ Crewskills that craft consumables in the first place but I did like how you could make reusables in SWTOR. Now that I would have to keep remaking them I'm just going to drop it but keep Slicing 400 :sy_auction: and buy my stims and heals off the market. Will pick up some crafting crewskill that I can create the orange gear w/ augment slots that fits my class.

From my understanding BW is getting rid of the biochem requirement on reuseables.

From darth hater

Q: Why are Biochem items require Biochem skill, whereas other crew skills items don't?

A: We are removing that function to favor trading more.

So.....whats happening? Do we still get reusables?

The current ones will stay, but no better ones will be added when new tiers of gear, crafting stuff and consumables arrive (e.g. new expansion), until they current ones are so outdated that they're technically non-existent as any raid will demand people use the new even* stronger non-reusable ones.

*I say "even" because there already are better stims etc that are non-reusable, but only by a margin that is interesting for the really hardcore, and negligible for most other people.

They never said that reusables will be phased out. They said that they wouldn't require biochem anymore, so you can sell them and use them even if you don't have Biochem. Simple as that.

Q: Why are Biochem items require Biochem skill, whereas other crew skills items don't?

A: We are removing that function to favor trading more.

I.E. "We are removing the 'requires biochem' from the reusables."

Edited by AetherMcLoud

They never said that reusables will be phased out. They said that they wouldn't require biochem anymore, so you can sell them and use them even if you don't have Biochem. Simple as that.

I.E. "We are removing the 'requires biochem' from the reusables."

Actually, in the livestream feed, they DID say they were being phased out.

Interesting, if this happens and they also phase out BoP items for other professions (either through being replaced by moddables or better endgame gear), then we'll end up in a situation where no crew skill has any advantage over any other save for being a different way to make/save money because everything that can be crafted can be bought and sold.

So a boon to the merchant crafters and a curse to the min/max crafters. And a boon to people who would rather skip crafting entirely and just grind credits to buy the best gear.

Which is basically exactly what they said/hope will happen.

Sad day for Biochem, but expected.

Oh well, the guild will shrink to one Biochemist now. The rest of us will be switching.

LOL...

And here is the reason why it has happened...

Wait a go for proving exactly what is wrong with it..

if they make the rakatas get consumed then i want my crystals back to craft.something else that wont be wasted.

They won't. They'll simply not add any better reusables in the future, and as in other MMOs better and stronger stuff comes over time, so there will be a point when the stat difference between old reusables and new consumables will be too large to ignore.

They won't. They'll simply not add any better reusables in the future, and as in other MMOs better and stronger stuff comes over time, so there will be a point when the stat difference between old reusables and new consumables will be too large to ignore.

Also possible that REing the blues to learn the purples will either become impossible or result in a different purple, and existing dropped/bought reuseable schematics will be removed.

So presumably those that already have them or can make them will continue to be able to do so, but no new sources will be made.