Yeah well so Biochem got ****ed over.

sgtjohnf

Did they just say that they are going to phase out the reusable stims/adrenals from Biochem?

Well that just totally ****ed over that crewskill.

There's just no point in having it then since it's pretty much cheaper buying the exotech stims/adrenals than crafting them anyhow.

Did they just say that they are going to phase out the reusable stims/adrenals from Biochem?

Well that just totally ****ed over that crewskill.

There's just no point in having it then since it's pretty much cheaper buying the exotech stims/adrenals than crafting them anyhow.

Who's gonna craft them then?

Or if you can buy them from an NPC, where is said NPC? Cause I have no idea.

No you can't, but the point is, with the current economy, it still is cheaper to buy them from the GTN, at least on my server.

But honestly, not having reusable stims/adrenals, what is the point of actually having biochem?

I understand their design to make professions not about personal profit but about providing the community but frankly, adrenals are pretty big part of pvp and now that reusables will be completely phased out, it'll be inefficient to use them on cd considering the chance to actually get the materials to craft them in the first place. Hell, i can buy them off GTN for relatively small price and not care about having to send companions for missions that rarely bring the thing I need, especially if the thing is of purple quality.

I'm more and more looking at synthweaving and will propably level it before 1.2 if the plans for Biochem are pretty grim.

Edited by gibmachine

Exactly, and honestly, the materials take quite some time to get, saying you start at 0 materials, you will for one; need to run at least 1-2 epic 340 missions, + some lvl 41-48 missions for red goo, etc, etc

meaning... Around at least 3 hours,

It can procc and give you 4 if you're lucky.

That means with an adrenal, that can be used with a 3min CD, for 15seconds.

You can get a buff for a maximum of 60 seconds for 3-5 hours of crew skill missions.

Yeah, they are just being idiots, not thinking stuff through.

The reusables were fine. The consumables were better, and that's good. They just needed to remove the biochem restriction from the standard reusables.

From what i got out of it they weren't actually saying they were getting rid of the reusables they just said they weren't making them better. Buyable consumables should always be better than anything that is infinite use and what they were talking about is that will continue to be the case, you still get the base reusables just consumables will continue to get better than them where the reusables will always be the same.

From what i got out of it they weren't actually saying they were getting rid of the reusables they just said they weren't making them better. Buyable consumables should always be better than anything that is infinite use and what they were talking about is that will continue to be the case, you still get the base reusables just consumables will continue to get better than them where the reusables will always be the same.

Thats better

Imo, if devs don't like the idea of reusables that much, they should leave them as valid to use but simply make them constantly a level below usable consumables like it is now.

Agreed, there is no reason to remove them. They're buffing the other crafting skills a ton and then nerfing the !@#$ out of Biochem. The reusable stims/meds/adrenals were the only plus to Biochem at end-game.

The prices for the blues (or "new" purples) are going to explode! All the biochem crafters out there are going need to keep their own personal stocks.

Well, Georg said that they will be "phasing out" reusables so I guess they simply won't be getting buffed until they are ditched completely at some point.

Not to mention that there is an issue of actually getting the recipe first. You don't have the recipe? Well too bad, buy consumables even though you're Biochem.

Edited by gibmachine

No you can't, but the point is, with the current economy, it still is cheaper to buy them from the GTN, at least on my server.

But honestly, not having reusable stims/adrenals, what is the point of actually having biochem?

If everyone quits Biochem because its "cheaper on the GTN" it will stop being affordable on the GTN because demand will outpace supply.

I think those that have them will get to keep the reuseables, they just not going to be craftable in the future.

Which won't make any difference since in time, those reusables will provide such a paltry bonus that it won't really matter if you have this extra 500 power or something for 15sec.

They were phasing them out and removing them completely, that's what they said.

And I do not mind the consumables being slightly better than the reusables, but honestly why the **** would the point of going biochem be, if you wouldn't get anything for it, beacuse that's exactly the point, you won't get **** out of it, not like in the other skills where you can get mastercraft items and either use yourself or sell for INSANE profits once 1.2 goes live.

But there is currently not point in going biochem anymore, since then you'd have to stay online for hours and hours each day just to get enough adrenals and stims for a raid, or for a warzone.

Is it really, really worth rolling biochem if you'd have to do crafting for like 10hours just to get enough stuff for ONE warzone?

This is how it should be. I do think that the stims should be equivalent to reusables though, considering that the blues are no better than greens anyways... (except duration, but only ops go on long enough to need more than 60 min, and odds are you'll die in an op anyways!)

Is it really, really worth rolling biochem if you'd have to do crafting for like 10hours just to get enough stuff for ONE warzone?

Exactly. Not to mention that with reusables going away, you'll virtually have to stack your consumables but not use them for stuff like daily or some quick pvp. Dailies take 30m - 1h and using a stim just to get that extra boost simply won't be worth it.

Essentially, once 1.2 kicks in, Biochemists will be craft monkeys and those that will choose to actually stay Biochem will propably make ridiculous amounts of money just because there will be a massive shortage of them. But as far as personal profits go - it'll be worthless cause as Synthweaver or Artificier, you'll simply craft a thing for yourself and be done with it but with Biochem, you'll be forced to gather mats, hope that you get those that you need (most of the time you don't) and then craft consumables that you won't use outside of raids cause it'll be extremely inefficient considering cost:return ratio to use them anywhere else.

This is how it should be. I do think that the stims should be equivalent to reusables though, considering that the blues are no better than greens anyways... (except duration, but only ops go on long enough to need more than 60 min, and odds are you'll die in an op anyways!)

But if reusables would stay the same, they would simply become obsolete in time cause after few patches and few gear tiers, that 500 power boost coming from reusable adrenal won't count for anything.

Edited by gibmachine

If they're going to phase out reusable, they have to increase the yield. Currently, to make 1 adrenaline requires 4 x Grade 5, 2 x 4 x Grade 6 and a 4x Grade 5 Medical material. With missions taking about 30 minutes each, it takes half an hour to gather up material to make just one. The material should be reduced to 1x instead of 4x, otherwise the 10k base cost means people will just go without.

Agreed that they need to up the yield on consumables across the board, not just the one upgrade the lvl 50 ones got.

And I do not mind the consumables being slightly better than the reusables, but honestly why the **** would the point of going biochem be, if you wouldn't get anything for it, beacuse that's exactly the point, you won't get **** out of it, not like in the other skills where you can get mastercraft items and either use yourself or sell for INSANE profits once 1.2 goes live.

Are you somehow forgetting that biochem has, and will still have, the ability to actually sell stuff as well? So you'll still be able to get mastercraft items and either use yourself or sell for INSANE profits?

**** sake, I gave up cybertech to max out biochem and bioanalysis just for re-usables, took ages to get >.>

That's why you don't chase FOTM crew skills in a game that's two months old. I created a biochem, but I still have my original armormech and I started a slicer.

If they're going to phase out reusable, they have to increase the yield. Currently, to make 1 adrenaline requires 4 x Grade 5, 2 x 4 x Grade 6 and a 4x Grade 5 Medical material. With missions taking about 30 minutes each, it takes half an hour to gather up material to make just one. The material should be reduced to 1x instead of 4x, otherwise the 10k base cost means people will just go without.

Already said they would increase yield to 3 per craft with a chance to crit and get a 4th.