Hutt Ball Exploit

Raific

I will have to give kudos to BW. On the ShadowHand server we have a Imp guild that runs Pre-mades and do rather well. However, they decided to have a couple of their guys join the opposite side and throw the game. (Ran the wrong way and threw to a guy at the goal line) They then proceeded to Farm badges since the opposite team was already short and people were quitting. This was not a one time deal. They continued to do this over and over.

A Guild mate reported this along with other players and it seems BW will be taking action against that guild. With so many frustrations in PVP Warzones already, it is pretty pathetic that a Guild would do this (And to their own faction which is worse!). I actually thought that BW was going to say, "Sorry, to bad" but it seems they will be looking in to it and have said "it will not be tolerated". To what level, who knows but it still nice to see something being done about it.

As I won't name the guild I will say that if that guild sees this, I hope you get what you deserve.

Edited by Raific

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW put the systems in place that allowed this to happen, while they might not allow it their ignorance caused it. Implementing features that can be abused will be abused.

While I do not disagree with this, it still is pathetic that a guild would resort to this. It is an obvious exploit and they are taking advantage of it at a guild level.

While I do not disagree with this, it still is pathetic that a guild would resort to this. It is an obvious exploit and they are taking advantage of it at a guild level.

I am not defending their actions as more just saying its like a cop leaving a car parked with the keys inside of it running and then arresting the person who takes it.... wait...

Edited by Surgin

As long as I dont need to play that game great. Huttball sucks.

Agrred! However, last I read, they will add another game, make it so VoidStar can be Same Faction VS but it will continue to be random games.

As long as we get Server Clusters, it will be be less of an issue. But I still hope they get a slap on the hand. I have noticed one of their players that moved questionable fast is no longer around... interesting! :D

I bet it's the RLD people. It is, isn't it?

Now WHY ON EARTH would you say that!? :p

Edited by Raific

Allowing people to create toons on different factions on the same server was stupid. What did they think would happen. It is not like there were not 400 other servers to choose from.

The PVP team is a total failure.

Allowing people to create toons on different factions on the same server was stupid. What did they think would happen. It is not like there were not 400 other servers to choose from.

100% agree! This was a very confusing move on their part. It was begging for trouble. BW did many things right with SW. They did however miss the mark on some fundamental nonos and common sense utilities.

100% agree! This was a very confusing move on their part. It was begging for trouble. BW did many things right with SW. They did however miss the mark on some fundamental nonos and common sense utilities.

This was always a decision in WoW I respected. If you were trying to foster a competitive attitude between the factions you sure as hell don't let people make characters on both sides!

Force them to dual box with another subscription for the small subset of people who just HAVE to do it. Makes you more money that way too.

Truth. I was very surprised when I became aware that I could play both factions on the same server.

As was I. But it's really the same faction vs faction that is creating the issue. And since it is generally the same 16-32 people playing at the same time, its not hard to exploit this. The only real fix I see is come down hard on the exploiters and Cluster the servers to make chances almost impossible. If they don't punish the exploiters, why would the "dishonest" not give the exploits a shot when presented?

Even if they had our server VS another. This way we still group with our own guys but no chance of fighting our own Server Faction. To be honest, ShadowHand has some pretty great people on both Factions. Unfortunately, we have some ... well not great people too.

I am not defending their actions as more just saying its like a cop leaving a car parked with the keys inside of it running and then arresting the person who takes it.... wait...

You don't have to steal, just saying...

BW put the systems in place that allowed this to happen, while they might not allow it their ignorance caused it. Implementing features that can be abused will be abused.

Just because I have the option to jump off a cliff, does not make it a good idea to do so. People are responsible for their own actions.

I will have to give kudos to BW. On the ShadowHand server we have a Imp guild that runs Pre-mades and do rather well. However, they decided to have a couple of their guys join the opposite side and throw the game. (Ran the wrong way and threw to a guy at the goal line) They then proceeded to Farm badges since the opposite team was already short and people were quitting. This was not a one time deal. They continued to do this over and over.

A Guild mate reported this along with other players and it seems BW will be taking action against that guild. With so many frustrations in PVP Warzones already, it is pretty pathetic that a Guild would do this (And to their own faction which is worse!). I actually thought that BW was going to say, "Sorry, to bad" but it seems they will be looking in to it and have said "it will not be tolerated". To what level, who knows but it still nice to see something being done about it.

As I won't name the guild I will say that if that guild sees this, I hope you get what you deserve.

They need to be shamed publicly. What guild and server? It's sad that they have such a hard time winning with a premade that they had to resort to lame tactics like this. It must suck to be so bad at PvP that you have to do stuff like this just to get your dailies done.

The PVP team is a total failure.

You people blaming Bioware need to give it a rest. They should not design the game around knuckleheads who insist on cheating. Biowares design here is good.

there is a guy that does this on my server, he is a total douche nozzle

he always tries to sabotage the game, and then he acts all disingenuous to add insult to injury "LOL the ball always resets on me" "why are we losing? should we use ventrillo or something?" "am I allowed to use predation when I have the ball?" He thinks he's being cute

Edited by HBninjaX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.