Bioware's genius plan to make faction balance worse in 1.2 :(

Evuke

We've got a descent group of regular 50 wz'ers. I will say that if they give out armaments for wz kills you may as well just delete illum's pvp zone on every server.

They may as well delete ILum's pvp zone anyways. Everyone is pretty sick of doing the ILum 500 race. They could fix it and make it fun but I do not see that happening anytime soon.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you watched the guild summit web cast i think it was pretty obvious why the Republic lacks in so many areas that the Empire excels (graphics, armor models, fair pvp (the issues the op talked about)) each time the developers and BW people in charge talked about their "mains" they would say "my sith warrior" "my bounty hunter" "my agent" etc.

THEY ALL PLAY SITH

Watching that web cast put so much into perspective for me with the issues I've had about playing Republic. They simply do. not. care. period.

How bad is it when you can't fix an animation that you've claimed you already fixed (trooper mortar) but you find time to make force choke a heroic ability usable across your alts with the new legacy system... C'mon...

And to the people saying that making it "tougher" to pvp on the faction side with a huge imbalance doesn't make sense... It makes plenty of sense and has been done with great success in other games.

Heck, the reason my guild moved from Empire to Republic very early on on our way overpopulated Empire server is just because we didn't enjoy playing other empire in huttball 90% of the time...

So yes, people will change factions if the grass is greener to them. They will not, however, if BW keeps making it worthwhile in every aspect to play on the overpopulated side. In fact the people who just happened to roll Republic in the first place will start considering the perks of being Empire and things will probably get worse.

• 1 month later...
If you watched the guild summit web cast i think it was pretty obvious why the Republic lacks in so many areas that the Empire excels (graphics, armor models, fair pvp (the issues the op talked about)) each time the developers and BW people in charge talked about their "mains" they would say "my sith warrior" "my bounty hunter" "my agent" etc.

THEY ALL PLAY SITH

Watching that web cast put so much into perspective for me with the issues I've had about playing Republic. They simply do. not. care. period.

How bad is it when you can't fix an animation that you've claimed you already fixed (trooper mortar) but you find time to make force choke a heroic ability usable across your alts with the new legacy system... C'mon...

Yea and the FACTION bias by Bio Ware really stands out when you see Legacy with this:

Smuggler: Dirty Kick (Iconic Single Target ability that fails on some Elites)

Operative: Orbital Strike (Iconic Multiple Target ability that never fails and does massive damage)

Yep no IMPERIAL FAVORITISM HERE?