What are Tier 2 mods? Need clarification...

Kurfer

Trying to figure out what this means...

A lot of us were under the impression that we could remove the armor mods on our BM/Rakata/Columi gear in 1.2.

It's just a horrible looking set; now that I read this i'm worried that these are not included...I guess I have no fking idea what tier 2 mods are.

I thought Tier 2 was Columi

Tier 1 Tionese

Tier 2 Columi

Tier 3 Rakatta

... /shrug

Well that just wouldn't make any sense would it?

Tier 1.1 tionese

Tier 1.2 columi

Tier 1.3 rakata

Tier 2 = 1.2 gear

NOTE: This is not a fact, it's purely my own speculation. I have assumed that for some reason they are unable to make the tio/col/rak gear unextractable.

Edited by Veimi

Well that just wouldn't make any sense would it?

Tier 1.1 tionese

Tier 1.2 columi

Tier 1.3 rakata

Tier 2 = 1.2 gear

NOTE: This is not a fact, it's purely my own speculation. I have assumed that for some reason they are unable to make the tio/col/rak gear unextractable.

No. Current tier progression is

Tier 1 = Tionese/Centurion

Tier 1.5 = Columi/Champion

Tier 2 = Rakata/Battlemaster

This means that Rakata/Battlemaster gear will be fully extractable along with the tier 2 set bonuses.

Edited by Dumpiduke

I'm 99% sure its the new tier of gear in 1.2. I bet they consider all rakata/columi/tionese as tier 1.

What a FRIGGING JOKE if true...

Wow, they can't even retro the old gear...

These developers are just clowns; what a joke.

What a FRIGGING JOKE if true...

Wow, they can't even retro the old gear...

These developers are just clowns; what a joke.

So you still have no idea what they are doing but you are now convinced they are a joke?

This thread is typical of people like you.

So you still have no idea what they are doing but you are now convinced they are a joke?

This thread is typical of people like you.

How so?

If Tier 2 is the new gear then it's a joke...they have been saying we can change out our mods so we don't have to wear the current FUGLY gear at level 50 and now they are forcing us to clear new raid content just to do it?

Jesus H Christ on a stick, this is a joke! It means they can't even retro changes with this horrible system....everything they do is half assed and piss poor.

How so?

If Tier 2 is the new gear then it's a joke...they have been saying we can change out our mods so we don't have to wear the current FUGLY gear at level 50 and now they are forcing us to clear new raid content just to do it?

Jesus H Christ on a stick, this is a joke! It means they can't even retro changes with this horrible system....everything they do is half assed and piss poor.

You keep using the word 'joke'.

I don't think you know what that means.

• 2 weeks later...

From what i understand, the tiers arent based of the gear, but the content.

So,

Tionese/Centurion = Tier 1

Columi/Champion = Tier 1.2

Rakata/Battlemaster = Tier 1.3

???/War Hero = Tier 2 (Aka, new gear from the new content in patch 1.2)

Edit: I'm sure it'd be nice, but why allow old gear to be modded? Why would you want the Rakata/BM mods instead of the new, improved and vastly better War Hero stuff?

Edited by Tarinax

Edit: I'm sure it'd be nice, but why allow old gear to be modded? Why would you want the Rakata/BM mods instead of the new, improved and vastly better War Hero stuff?

Because, like the current end-game gear, getting War Hero stuff will probably be a long grind, and in the meantime you can take the mods off Rakata/BM gear to look like you want?