Patch V1.2 Moved to April

Sunflake

This is why they don't want to give specific dates... They even said possibly Early April.

On the video a few months back they said around March but it wasn't a solid date. Things happen so it got pushed back... so what

If you can't live waiting another month +... i suggest to reevaluate your life. Sorry OP not saying you... just in general.

They should have learned this from Blizzard. Giving dates and missing them is a quick way to piss off most of the community. They should keep their mouths shut about dates until it is very firm.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one of the old guys here at 50.

I have learned that you do not rush anything your working on or it will fail.

Bioware is testing the 1.2 patch on a server. I am sure they want to make it right.

Bioware has ME3 coming out March 6, 2012 :D

Are you a guild leader at the summit posting as you attend? If so, nice insight! :)

And it sounds like it got or is getting rather testy (no wonder they closed off the live stream)

If you believe him you're not doing yourself any favors. :)

They worked so hard over 7 years, you know buying a 3rd party engine(lazy coders way out)editing a game engine is not the same as making your own. The huge amount of FPS issues/ability delay, releasing a product with less graphic options then said product had in beta~.

but they worked hard guyz.

If all fairness, buying a 3rd party engine that is specifically designed for creating MMO's is not, in itself, a "lazy coders way out". It makes sound business sense to not try to "reinvent the wheel", especially when another company is commited to doing focusing on doing a particular task that you would have had to do yourself. However, if the product is of insufficient quality then that can have an adverse effect on the outcome of whatever your making.

Basically put: deciding whether to use a 3rd party engine or an "in house" made one is a gamble. Each have benefits and disadvantages. And one cannot say with any degree of accuracy that in house engines perform any better than 3rd party ones.

Don't forget that back in the day EQ2 had MASSIVE performance issues. AOC's "Dreamworld" engine also has had its fair share of performance issues. Both use in-house made engines.

So, it's a little unfair to point the finger at Bioware using a 3rd party engine and jumping to the conclusion that using an in-house one would have been better.

Edited by Tarka

mark my words and return to this thread when i say "i told you so".

bioware is promising alot of things in this big patch. I am willing to bet 50% of the features and stuff they promising don't make it in the patch.

They're basically , using 1.2 as a "it'll be in 1.2" with everything the community is asking for.

I am unsubbed until they iron out what they want to do with guilds, pvp, and ship customization. I have no interest in farming the same raid over and over and over. I want to log in , pvp, socialize, and eventually pretty my ship up. Until then, i am just waiting.

mark my words and return to this thread when i say "i told you so".

bioware is promising alot of things in this big patch. I am willing to bet 50% of the features and stuff they promising don't make it in the patch.

They're basically , using 1.2 as a "it'll be in 1.2" with everything the community is asking for.

I am unsubbed until they iron out what they want to do with guilds, pvp, and ship customization. I have no interest in farming the same raid over and over and over. I want to log in , pvp, socialize, and eventually pretty my ship up. Until then, i am just waiting.

bye, see you tomorrow.

They worked so hard over 7 years, you know buying a 3rd party engine(lazy coders way out)editing a game engine is not the same as making your own. The huge amount of FPS issues/ability delay, releasing a product with less graphic options then said product had in beta~.

but they worked hard guyz.

Don't play. One less whiner in General Chat is a plus for the game. :)

This is why they don't want to give specific dates... They even said possibly Early April.

On the video a few months back they said around March but it wasn't a solid date. Things happen so it got pushed back... so what

If you can't live waiting another month +... i suggest to reevaluate your life. Sorry OP not saying you... just in general.

If they would stop saving all their changes for one huge patch and stretch them out through several smaller patches, this wouldn't be a problem. As it stands, 1.2 is supposed to be this "god patch" that fixes bugs, introduces Legacy, gives us another warzone, rated warzones, and stays to spoon you afterward.

And after the 1.1 patch fiasco, I'd rather just see them put the new patch out quickly so we can hurry up and get through the weeks of inevitable bugs and broken features as quickly as possible.

No paradox to be had. Both are two very real possibilities. It's not a "black and white" situation. A balance must be struck between quantity and quality.

• If a company is too slow then customers may leave due to the release of the new additions taking too long.
  • If a company is too quick then too many issues with the new additions can cause customers to leave.

And realistically you cannot strike a balance based on estimates. You actually need to have deployed a couple of times in order to iterate. At the first time it's really better to play safe, those who would want to come back eventually will do so anyway and those who quit but would have waited for 1.2 only would have quit shortly after 1.2 anyway.

Was just on the guild summit channel. Its gonne be moved to April. Big Fail there.

They never said exactly when they were going to release it, so how could it have been 'moved'? Besides, I'd rather not get 'rushed' stuff. There are going to be enough bugs as it is, unless lots of folks start playing on the PTR server.

I figured as much, sub runs out on the 20th so unfortunately I wont be around to see the amazing turnaround that this game has after 1.2!

Also. The "Friends of SW:ToR" news article is good for a laugh.

Edited by Celebrus

So when Blizzard pushes back a WoW patch everyone rejoices and says how awesome they are for "taking the time to do it right". Bioware does it and forum whiners ragequit. Edited by jmastroi

And realistically you cannot strike a balance based on estimates. You actually need to have deployed a couple of times in order to iterate. At the first time it's really better to play safe, those who would want to come back eventually will do so anyway and those who quit but would have waited for 1.2 only would have quit shortly after 1.2 anyway.

Your argument relies that a lot WOULD return.

It is common knowledge that a large portion of players who leave an MMO don't actually return. One reason is that new MMO's come out all the time, and their "newness" and the possibility that those will not exhibit the same issues that a player had with already launched games, can often be a big persuader in preventing customers to returning to previous games for any sufficient length of time.

It is easier and cheaper to keep an existing customer, than try to entice one back.

So when Blizzard pushes back a WoW patch everyone rejoices and says how awesome they are for "taking the time to do it right". Bioware does it and forum whiners ragequit.

Actually people don't necessarily rejoice when Blizzard push back a patch. They often say the same thing as people are saying in these forums. And given that WoW has lost a substantial portion of players over the last 12 months, that's a pretty big indication that all is not rosey for that product.

Edited by Tarka

They never said exactly when they were going to release it, so how could it have been 'moved'? Besides, I'd rather not get 'rushed' stuff. There are going to be enough bugs as it is, unless lots of folks start playing on the PTR server.

Actually, they gave an estimate of March, so unless it is actually released IN March, then yes, the date has been moved back.

Remember, that April date is still only an estimate. It could end up being pushed back again, you never know.

Knew it wouldnt be before the March billing date. Now it remains to be seen if its before Aprils.

Yes, it is a huge conspiracy to rob you of your hard earned cash. You have uncovered the sinister plot. Congratulations.

:rolleyes:

No paradox to be had. Both are two very real possibilities. It's not a "black and white" situation. A balance must be struck between quantity and quality.

• If a company is too slow then customers may leave due to the release of the new additions taking too long.
  • If a company is too quick then too many issues with the new additions can cause customers to leave.

Well yeah but the prevailing mood amongst a certain breed of player here seems to be both: they shouldn't have brought it out before Xmas but that it's also an unforgivable sin that 1.2 is coming out in April instead of March. So a delay of a month or more is fine when we're attempting to imply that the game was unsuitable to be released in the first place (which it wasn't but anyway...), but when we're trying to accuse BW of breaking promises (that they actually never made) a delay of a month is suddenly unconscionable.

The cognitive dissonance must be almost unbearable.