we NEED cross-server flashpoints!

it is increasingly more difficult to find a group, to the point where its not even worth trying most of the time. i have two 50s, a 45, 30, and numerous others so ive experienced the game quite a bit. there needs to be a LFG tool like the PVP tool that works cross server to find people to play a flashpoint. World of Warcraft had this system and it was wonderful 99% of the time. the only downside is the rare occasion of a disrespectful player which you only need a vote kick option with a 20 minute penalty for being kicked to fix that.

if this is not implimented, i know myself and a few friends are going to stop playing soon because you cant enjoy a lot of the content due to the difficulty in finding groups besides PVP.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't deny they could help but my suggestion would be as follows:

Step 1: Merge servers = more population to form groups

Step 2: Same server LFG

Step 3: If both fail at improving the issue, go to Cross server LFG

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

Wasn't so "rare" as you say being insta queue'd on my 80 Paladin Tank/or Heals. An as such important role was infuriating to see someone just drop like that. They need to come out with this system yes I agree. Yet in some way as to safe guard our playing experience the best to their ability.

I won't deny they could help but my suggestion would be as follows:

Server merges are harder then A LFG tool read all the dev posts about legacy system an how it will and is effecting the Server transfer an merge issuses

A server only LFG sure but a cross server one I can do without. It killed server comunities in WOW and I don't want that to happen to this game.

A large potion on WoW community was in guilds that Ran Dungeons an leveled alts together. It was the guild hoppers, nah sayers, an just plain didn't care anymore who ruined it

i have a high population server. the problem is persistent across many servers myself and my friends have been on as well. the first couple weeks it was good because most people were leveling, now you have to skip most FPs or spend an hour or two looking for a group. and its not even key classes, you can get stuck without a DPS.

yes it does when you put an order to which they should do something. By that logic it would probably take them another 4-8 months to do server merges rather then a couple of months to implement a LFG tool of some kind

i have a high population server. the problem is persistent across many servers myself and my friends have been on as well. the first couple weeks it was good because most people were leveling, now you have to skip most FPs or spend an hour or two looking for a group. and its not even key classes, you can get stuck without a DPS.

That's funny, because I'm on Kinrath spider apparently one of the lowest pop PVP servers. Now using My FFXI methods by as follows

/who "AC Class" "Level"

without quotes an the forethought of which Class is capable of the role I need fulfilled I simple go about asking Politely people not on Imperial Fleet if they'd like to do "Insert FP" an usually a group is made within 30 minutes...UNLESS I get caught finding no heals (See what you miss is DPS I miss heals, that's only server to server) so that would have no solid point in your argument if it were true....dps really come on lol

A server only LFG sure but a cross server one I can do without. It killed server comunities in WOW and I don't want that to happen to this game.

the community of a server is based around your friends and the guilds youre involved with, which does not change with a convenient LFG tool. WOW make it very easy to transfer characters to new servers and i think that hurt a "community" feeling more than anything. not that i think transfers were a bad thing, but that would be a side effect in my opinion. a cross server LFG tool would just make it easier to enjoy FPs. it also gives people who are not affiliated with a guild a better chance at enjoying this content as well.

I'm opposed to a cross server LFG Tool. I want to group with people I can send mail too, people I can chat with AFTER the FP if I so choose. I want to group with people I can form lasting relationships with.

I'm not opposed to an LFG Tool, just a cross server one. If the issue is that even with a server wide LFG Tool you're still waiting a long time for groups then IMO BW needs to look into merger your server with another.

the community of a server is based around your friends and the guilds youre involved with, which does not change with a convenient LFG tool. WOW make it very easy to transfer characters to new servers and i think that hurt a "community" feeling more than anything. not that i think transfers were a bad thing, but that would be a side effect in my opinion. a cross server LFG tool would just make it easier to enjoy FPs. it also gives people who are not affiliated with a guild a better chance at enjoying this content as well.

/signed

I'm opposed to a cross server LFG Tool. I want to group with people I can send mail too, people I can chat with AFTER the FP if I so choose. I want to group with people I can form lasting relationships with.

I'm not opposed to an LFG Tool, just a cross server one. If the issue is that even with a server wide LFG Tool you're still waiting a long time for groups then IMO BW needs to look into merger your server with another.

Sounds like you just want to hate an flame on people who Leave your group, or end up getting you killed, or acting stupid eh

Cross server lfg allowed people to be extremely rude and have a way to not be policed by their own server.

In WoW, I have been a part of countless end game dungeon groups where the tank would drop group after the first boss because he didn't get his drop. With the cross server tools he gets to requeue and get another group to screw over. No thank you. Let the rude people get weeded out by their own behavior, not give them a way to circumvent peer policing on servers.

That's funny, because I'm on Kinrath spider apparently one of the lowest pop PVP servers. Now using My FFXI methods by as follows

/who "AC Class" "Level"

without quotes an the forethought of which Class is capable of the role I need fulfilled I simple go about asking Politely people not on Imperial Fleet if they'd like to do "Insert FP" an usually a group is made within 30 minutes...UNLESS I get caught finding no heals (See what you miss is DPS I miss heals, that's only server to server) so that would have no solid point in your argument if it were true....dps really come on lol

exactly, thats the only way to do it. and you dont think thats ridiculous in order to find a group of 4 people? having to send a tell to 50 people? and it still takes you 30 minutes to fill it. thats extremely tedious and annoying. id rather not do a FP than send random whispers to a bunch of people when you should be able to just click a button like you can for PVP. the effort is not worth the return... you could have done a few quests or PVP matches in that time and got twice the exp. and now youre just going to end up on people's ignore list more cause even if youre polite people usually get annoyed at random whispers.

Cross server lfg allowed people to be extremely rude and have a way to not be policed by their own server.

In WoW, I have been a part of countless end game dungeon groups where the tank would drop group after the first boss because he didn't get his drop. With the cross server tools he gets to requeue and get another group to screw over. No thank you. Let the rude people get weeded out by their own behavior, not give them a way to circumvent peer policing on servers.

I agree.

So you would doom the great benefit it has. How amazing the concept an idea of it. Ignorance is bliss then eh...why not turn your scorn an hatred of it an turn it towards the ones who did that to you! Why no create harsh penaltys for not finishing the dungeon By clicking the Leave Group, Leave Instance or hearth away and the rest of ways to escape. Perhaps sa significant percent of damage to your gear? As well maybe a a restriction of time for your requeueing say, half an hour? I would love for those who used to do it Fear, loathe, and regret doing it again in TOR...would that not satisfy you an everyone else?

exactly, thats the only way to do it. and you dont think thats ridiculous in order to find a group of 4 people? having to send a tell to 50 people? and it still takes you 30 minutes to fill it. thats extremely tedious and annoying. id rather not do a FP than send random whispers to a bunch of people when you should be able to just click a button like you can for PVP. the effort is not worth the return... you could have done a few quests or PVP matches in that time and got twice the exp. and now youre just going to end up on people's ignore list more cause even if youre polite people usually get annoyed at random whispers.

No

No I never had to hit 50 people up before

Not really, Patience is a virtue

Sure but I enjoy FP's, especially the ones I'm doing right now

Only if its spam? I've gained a lot of friends by doing this. More then whats on my ignore list

maybe its your approach?

do you really think you know every annoying person on your server? ive grouped with tons of annoying, terrible players which made me furious at the time.. i cant remember a single player i dont like right now. they ganked gear, got us killed on purpose, were rude, and unless youre a super geek and write down the names of players you dont like, people can be as rude as they want on a server FP just as much as a cross server FP.

what if i want to expand my friendships beyond just my server? how about thinking about it this way, with a cross server LFG tool, not only do you get a more convenient way of doing FPs but you also get to interact with people you never would of otherwise. maybe even make a good friend and start a toon on their server. so by limiting yourself to one server youre in fact limiting the larger community of people who enjoy the game to just people on your server. in reality, its actually just making the SWTOR community come together.

do you really think you know every annoying person on your server? ive grouped with tons of annoying, terrible players which made me furious at the time.. i cant remember a single player i dont like right now. they ganked gear, got us killed on purpose, were rude, and unless youre a super geek and write down the names of players you dont like, people can be as rude as they want on a server FP just as much as a cross server FP.

what if i want to expand my friendships beyond just my server? how about thinking about it this way, with a cross server LFG tool, not only do you get a more convenient way of doing FPs but you also get to interact with people you never would of otherwise. maybe even make a good friend and start a toon on their server. so by limiting yourself to one server youre in fact limiting the larger community of people who enjoy the game to just people on your server. in reality, its actually just making the SWTOR community come together.

/signed

Sounds like you just want to hate an flame on people who Leave your group, or end up getting you killed, or acting stupid eh

And it sounds like you want a cross server LFG so you can act any which way you please because the odds of you running into those same people again are pretty low. Always a good attitude if you're in it for you and you alone.

And I don't feel like debating my personal character with you. It's obvious you have some issues yourself what with assuming the negative about people because they disagree with your opinion.

And it sounds like you want a cross server LFG so you can act any which way you please because the odds of you running into those same people again are pretty low. Always a good attitude if you're in it for you and you alone.

And I don't feel like debating my personal character with you. It's obvious you have some issues yourself what with assuming the negative about people because they disagree with your opinion.

do you really think you know every annoying person on your server? ive grouped with tons of annoying, terrible players which made me furious at the time.. i cant remember a single player i dont like right now. they ganked gear, got us killed on purpose, were rude, and unless youre a super geek and write down the names of players you dont like, people can be as rude as they want on a server FP just as much as a cross server FP. you are playing with people, they are going to be rude sometimes.. theres nothing you can do about that except like someone else said, put punishments for leaving groups early and allow for a kick tool that yields the same punishments. timer till you can re-queue, huge armor dmg, something like that.