Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

[Unfair] Disadvantage for Sorc/Sage

daMarek

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol this thread is hilarious. Are we really debating this right now?

If my agent uses mostly melee attacks, but my main stat is cunning that does not mean I need strength.

Morons.

Yes becasue agents have all their attacks including melee skills scaled with cunning, whereas sorc do not have their melee attack scaled with willpower.

So who did you call what?

All I'm hearing here is: I'm a hunter and I want to hit things with my polearm, but the damage is so bad! Why can't I hit things as good as the melee classes with my melee weapon? I know I'm a ranged class but I do have a melee weapon so why is it do bad?

And now Hunters are getting their melee weapons yanked. Perhaps the same should happen to Sage/Sorcs.

Well like everyone says why do you want to hit stuff any way?

The Sorc/Sage has always been useless in Melee even when we did have +melee from willpower.

Edited by Kotli

The Sorc/Sage has always been useless in Melee even when we did have +melee from willpower.

Just for fun :)

And it's unfair to have an ability made useless like this... no matter what ability it is

Edited by daMarek

If you, as a sorc, want to hit things in melee... and actually care about the damage... don't come to Ops with me, ok?

It's even sillier than knight/warrior worrying about their one heal being affected by Willpower.

Any melee attacks you could make are a loss of GCD, and there's nothing you can do about it. And, in the case of non-auto-attack, also a waste of Force.

No you are wrong.

Each class has ONE stat that adds to their damage, and a second stat that CAN add to their damage.

Any damage you will be doing, regardless if its with your saber or with a force power will gain damage FROM YOUR WILLPOWER STAT!

Strength will add a .08 extra damage amount to your melee attacks ONLY, while Willpower adds 1.00 damage to ALL your attacks. READ THAT AGAIN ALL YOUR ATTACK! BOTH MELEE AND FORCE!!

Each class follows this SAME design.

My Jedi Knight has a force attack...does that mean I should be stacking will?

NO! STRENGTH ADDS TO ALL MY DAMAGE REGARDLESS OF TYPE!! THAT IS WHY ITS A PRIMARY STAT!

Nice attempt trying to troll, no go crawl back under a bridge.

Not true for Sage/Sorc and Mercenary (not 100% certain on powertech, commando, or vanguard) are exceptions to weapon damage modifiers. Willpower does NOT increase your weapon damage - if you don't believe us, roll a Sorc or Sage and see for yourself. Assassin/Shadow weapon damage DOES get modified by willpower and strength just like how agents/smugglers gain weapon damage from both Aim and Cunning and warriors/guardians gain only gain WEAPON bonus damage from strength, but I'm not able to verify this right now. Not that you should ever actually go melee as a sage/sorc, though... ever. If you're out of mana as a sage/sorc, you might as well use consumption, since you can't even "bubble up" so you might as well take the risk of dying by doing that rather than whip out your saber and run amok until dead - at least you MIGHT have a chance to get a heal off or bubble up to let you last long enough to survive.

For me, the only reason I even bothered getting the BM sabre on my sorc is for the stat modifiers and the black/red crystal aesthetics - definitely looks pIMP.

Pretty sure they nerfed willpower's affect on sorc/sage weapon damage since most skills in-game are modified by the base weapon damage (at least this is true for agents/smuggs blaster/scattergun-based skills) and we know both cunning and aim modify merc/commando tracer/grav damage, along with all their "tech-based" skills. But maybe weapon damage doesn't increase force power damages; I'll have to check when I can get a chance to log in-game by equipping two different sabres with the same willpower/force power modifiers but have different damages (not sure if that's even possible, but i'll do my best to try).

Pretty sure they nerfed willpower's affect on sorc/sage weapon damage since most skills in-game are modified by the base weapon damage (at least this is true for agents/smuggs blaster/scattergun-based skills) and we know both cunning and aim modify merc/commando tracer/grav damage, along with all their "tech-based" skills. But maybe weapon damage doesn't increase force power damages; I'll have to check when I can get a chance to log in-game by equipping two different sabres with the same willpower/force power modifiers but have different damages (not sure if that's even possible, but i'll do my best to try).

With the hilt comes the 'force power' stat, which modifies force power abilities. So while the weapon damage does not, the hilt still does beyond the willpower stat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.