The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Parakeet PvP problem - low crit?

Maiming_Flaw

Hi,

I'm kinda new to PvP (started last Monday) and am currently in full Centurion Eliminator set (Champ trinkets and Implants)

My problem is, that even after I replaced my enhancements with Crit/Surge (level 22) enhancements, I'm still only rocking 23% crit unbuffed, and 70% surge.

How do I aim to increase this? or is this normal?

Many thanks

First of all NEVER buy level 22 enhancements/mods for pvp gear, secondly, 70-75% surge is normal, thirdly, your crit rating will get between 30-40% easily, once you get full champ / BM gear and start to put in champ surge mods or whatever you want.

Patience, dont **** up your pvp gear with low level mods

And if you raid / hardmode as well you can pull columi or rakata mods and putthem in your pvp gear.

With the new surge formula I have way over the soft-cap anyway, use an adrenal or relic to see how little hundreds of extra surge will do once you're geared.

First of all NEVER buy level 22 enhancements/mods for pvp gear, secondly, 70-75% surge is normal, thirdly, your crit rating will get between 30-40% easily, once you get full champ / BM gear and start to put in champ surge mods or whatever you want.

Well, if I had kept the Centurion Eliminator set's enhancments inside (40 accuracy + some power), my surge would be ~50% and crit would be around 20%. Is this really preferable to my current stats?

When I switch to Champ and then BM, should I keep those enhancements inside? I don't raid or PVE at the moment, it just doesn't hold my interest

Thanks for your replies so far

Are you doing the Ilum daily 2man hc quest for the enhancement mods? Also spend daily commendations on the mods/armour or whatever

The Ilum daily gives crit/surge and it is level 21 or 22. The daily comms only give armoring. Anyway, the OP is correct to pull accuracy mods for crit/surge.

You're fine, OP.

What you've failed to take into account of is the talent-in and set bonus crits, you should be good.

70% surge is fine. you're 5% off of the softcap, and after that there's no point in stacking it.

keep in mind that your flame shield talent is giving you 30% crit on your rocket punch, and if you get 4 piece dps armor (which you should as a parakeet) You'll get an extra 15%.

That's 45% crit on top of your existing crit chance for your reseting and snaring attack that does pretty respectable damage. You should feel pretty good about that.

Edited by Doozzer

You (and the OP) are confusing level 22 mods/enhancements with the Model 22 mods/enhancements, which are actually level 49, though your other numbers/advice are fine.

Precise terminology FTW.