[Panel Discussion] Guild Features (5:30PM CST)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guild banks very rarely benefit the average member of a guild, there is two or three people in a guild that benefit from this and that's the GM and officers. ToR especially gives a self service kind of mentality due to the vast amount of BoP craftables, banks will become a dumping ground for peoples trash like in every other MMO with guild banks, a pointless addition when there is more needed things to be added to the game.

Guild ships, what a waste of time and effort. Many things should be ahead of this..

This.

I was a bit disappointed that the Guild summit only had a brief discussion about guilds. It's really obvious that this part of the game is lacking and they really need to get a good idea of what priorities people want in terms of guild features. Hopefully they do that offline tonight and tomorrow.

You guys are thinking way too small.

I want a planet that our guild takes over and other guilds can attack for some sweet pvp action.

Yaaaaas! now were talkin! :D

Maybe have a sandbox planet with 4 bases. i imagine the bases would be controlled by different guilds but if a guild were organized enough, they could control all 4 bases therefore control the planet. now they would have to work hard to keep this title or another guild could knock them out and take the title.

even if you lose 1 base. you would not control the planet. have something that would tie into guild emblems (a graphic) so when you do control the planet, your guild graphic is displayed through-out the planet. but you must control all 4 bases.

could always convert ilum to do this.......

Edited by Kelzyne
Idea addition

Hi All,

I consider the Guild to be one the main cpmonents of the Social aspects of the game as well as a way to accomplish various objectives. However, as we all know there has been a serious lack of a guild system; so below are some things Iwould like to see myself as well as many in the guild I'm in.

• Guild Mission that consist of more than 4 player groups and that can have a mix of different level players.

• Guild Hall or Ship {or both}

• Guild Mail

• Guild Banks

• Guild vendors {maybe}

• To have Guild members automatically added to your friends list.

• Possible Shared XP from the guild to help players who can't play as often. {maybe}

• Guild achievments

• Guild Crafting and Gathering missions

• Self defined Guild ranks or at least a choice.

Anyhow, those are my thoughts.

Tau

I had to leave in the middle of the guild bank discussion; up to that point every feature they told us about was a carbon copy of the WoW guild bank system. Did they ever reveal any features that WoW doesn't have?

Edit: Guildmate just told me you'll be able to respec via the guild bank (which is weird, but alright, it's something). Anything else?

Edited by DustomaticGXC

Hi All,

I consider the Guild to be one the main cpmonents of the Social aspects of the game as well as a way to accomplish various objectives. However, as we all know there has been a serious lack of a guild system; so below are some things Iwould like to see myself as well as many in the guild I'm in.

• Guild Mission that consist of more than 4 player groups and that can have a mix of different level players.

• Guild Hall or Ship {or both}

• Guild Mail

• Guild Banks

• Guild vendors {maybe}

• Possible Shared XP from the guild to help players who can't play as often. {maybe}

• Guild achievments

• Guild Crafting and Gathering missions

• Self defined Guild ranks or at least a choice.

Tau

Why would you need guild mail? That's what forums are for.

Shared xp? No. Please, no, never.

Everything else is either coming because they said so in the panel or are at least interesting ideas.

Why would you need guild mail? That's what forums are for.

Shared xp? No. Please, no, never.

Everything else is either coming because they said so in the panel or are at least interesting ideas.

-----------------------------

Not everyone checks the forum and with Guild mail you can have a better tool to organize your guild for events, missions, and general communication. We used it quite effectively in SWG.

Hopefully your right about when the rest will come. Frankly, many of these feature should have been implemented at release.

Hi All,

•  

Tau

Don't understand this one. Why do they need to be on your friends list? You already have a notice when they log in or out, there is a list of how many are logged in, and they pop up a list in mail.

What does having them on both list get you?

I would really like to see the ability to export the current guild list to an external file. Rift has or had this feature and it was awesome. The game let you export the current guild roster to an XML file, which made offline guild management a LOT easier. About a billion times easier.

It also allowed our web host Enjin to build in special tools to deal with it, again making the life of guild management a lot easier.

guild capital ships would be epic but would you have like gear vendors or medical vendors?

that would be nice if it was a customizable item. like the inbox in your own ship.

In general:

I would love it, if a guild would have to build the ship instead of just buy it for an insulting amount of money. So a ship would require:

1. certain amount of material for the hull.

2. maxlevel crafted items like special crystals or curcuitry

3. boss drops, e.g. the energy core of a world boss

4. people in your guild who can man the ship, e.g. someone holding a certain spacemission-rank to be the captain

further features i imagine:

1. special features like vendors on the ship unlocked by bonusquests in operations

2. parts should exist in different forms, colours, and levels, so ships have an individual look

3. maxlevel ships should have a hangar for players ships

4. guildships should be located in some kind of fleet so you can see the ships of other guilds

5. ship should be viewable "under construction" in a shipyard

Something that I think would be very useful for guild administration is a way to create ingame textual content for members. This could be used for RP purposes as well and administration purposes to write out guild rules and other important guild information.

I think it would fit very well into the codex system. Guild leaders could purchase codex entrees similar to buying bank tabs with each codex becoming increasingly more expensive. Then the codex could appear in the codex of each guild member.

Guild banks very rarely benefit the average member of a guild, there is two or three people in a guild that benefit from this and that's the GM and officers. ToR especially gives a self service kind of mentality due to the vast amount of BoP craftables, banks will become a dumping ground for peoples trash like in every other MMO with guild banks, a pointless addition when there is more needed things to be added to the game.

I have to disagree with you. Like all things the guild bank is a tool and used properly it is a great addition to guild centric features. For guilds who have weekly operations and attempt to do all their consumable crafting internally it is almost neccessary given the sheer volume of bioanalysis mats you can go through crafting for 16+ people.

Someone asked about a guild wide mail system and that was turned down pretty quickly. It sounded like the main reason was because we don’t want spammers sending 500 mails out. That is something I can completely understand.

Since we have the guild ranking abilities I think a guild mail should be added to that. This way only a few people have the ability and all they can do is type “guild” into the “To” portion of the mail. This way nobody can still send multiple people mails, it’s the entire guild or none. By limiting who can mail by the ranks then not everyone can mail the entire guild either.

I understand that not everyone knows how to “play nice” and this is why we have no faction to faction communication. I’m glad the dev’s listened to people at the summit and thought about the adversary program. I want to push that idea a little more.

I come from SWG, and I never had the problems it seems people from other MMOs have, so excuse me if I don’t realize how bad the trash talking gets. What I don’t understand is why two guilds (one Republic and one Imperial) cannot link up. If this is the guilds choice, and they want to be able to talk to each other, I don’t understand why they can’t. Really the only thing this would do is allow the guild chat to be both parties.

We have a guild on both side. Right now we are so separate that we are loosing our friendships which is sad since this is what keeps people playing the game long term. Just allowing us to talk to each other in the guild chat would make the high majority of our problems go away.

I'm pretty sure the only way you should allow Guild capital ships in this game is by having the guild complete a quest to actually build a 1:1 model of a Star Destroyer in minecraft (without mods) then export it over to Star Wars.

Guild halls, Guild areas, guild ships... Every game I've seen this mechanic put into game has caused current public areas to become wastelands because everyone is hanging out in their guild area.

I wouldn't mind if you passed over this idea.

I'm pretty sure the only way you should allow Guild capital ships in this game is by having the guild complete a quest to actually build a 1:1 model of a Star Destroyer in minecraft (without mods) then export it over to Star Wars.

Guild halls, Guild areas, guild ships... Every game I've seen this mechanic put into game has caused current public areas to become wastelands because everyone is hanging out in their guild area.

I wouldn't mind if you passed over this idea.

I really think a way to make these social hubs thrive is to have a certain centralized hubs like Fleet accessible and common to several servers. It could be the location to go visit to find groups. This would be way better than a cross server random dungeon finder. Especially since the fleet allows access to all of the instanced FP and Ops content.

This would create a sense of community within the server clusters, prevent the problems with a random cross server dungeon finder and really give a sense of a thriving galaxy with millions and millions of people.