The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Panel Discussion] Operations and Flashpoints (2:00PM CST)

That matters why? Yes credits are easy to come by but why more credit sinks? How about making a economy rather then just making a grind to get flashy ****

They said they are adjusting the economy to compensate for lack of trash drops in OPS. They'll make that adjustment first and see what the affects are before they change things further.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That matters why? Yes credits are easy to come by but why more credit sinks? How about making a economy rather then just making a grind to get flashy ****

You realize how hard it is to make an economy in a game? They can't just "patch" that in. Very unrealistic request.

The craft system updates are going to be the thing that pushes the economy. Credit sinks will make credits more valuable which also seriously impacts hte economy (in a positive way in this current situation).

They 'are' trying to fix the economy and they're doing the right things.

So with orange gear crafting and modification, any class can look like almost any other class? And it's rumored that the Legacy system will allow skill mixing?

What's the point in playing a certain class then? If you told me when I was playing an EQ monk that any class could look like a monk and buy the feign death skill, I'd drop my subscription in an instant.

These are TERRIBLE ideas. A sorc needs to look like a sorc and be the only one with access to sorc skills.

So with orange gear crafting and modification, any class can look like almost any other class? And it's rumored that the Legacy system will allow skill mixing?

What's the point in playing a certain class then? If you told me when I was playing an EQ monk that any class could look like a monk and buy the feign death skill, I'd drop my subscription in an instant.

These are TERRIBLE ideas. A sorc needs to look like a sorc and be the only one with access to sorc skills.

Skill "mixing" as you call it is nothing like you are imagining. You should do some mroe reasearch on the info that has been given so far so that you don't go yelling about things you don't understand yet. :)

Nobody will be "mixing" classes... You will get power abilities that you can use during PVE missions. You will not be allowed to use those abilities during PvP or in groups for Flashpoints or Operations.

Lastly, the orange gear has been int he game since day one. Anybody can go buy a bounty hunter set, strip the mods and then put in mods of their choosing. It's called fashion crafting and gives you some flexibility to customize your character a bit.

Skimming the basics doesn't make you an expert...sorry, but it had to be said.

Skill "mixing" as you call it is nothing like you are imagining. You should do some mroe reasearch on the info that has been given so far so that you don't go yelling about things you don't understand yet. :)

Nobody will be "mixing" classes... You will get power abilities that you can use during PVE missions. You will not be allowed to use those abilities during PvP or in groups for Flashpoints or Operations.

Lastly, the orange gear has been int he game since day one. Anybody can go buy a bounty hunter set, strip the mods and then put in mods of their choosing. It's called fashion crafting and gives you some flexibility to customize your character a bit.

I didn't say mixing classes, I said using skills. Separation of skills is at the core of class design. The circumstances are irrelevant; you should not have access to skills from other classes. This has been tested and has caused incredible problems in MMOs long before SWTOR.

Fashion crafting is somewhat in place, yes, but that's not what he said. He said "if you want to play a Jedi in bounty hunter gear, you can." That's my problem. There's a difference between various styles of Jedi armor, and blatantly making one class look like another.

You need to learn to read someone's points before addressing things I didn't even say.

Skimming the basics doesn't make you an expert...sorry, but it had to be said.

I took a moment to pick out what's most important to me. I care that classes don't look like other classes and have access to their skills. You may not think it's important; I do.

I didn't say mixing classes, I said using skills. Separation of skills is at the core of class design. The circumstances are irrelevant; you should not have access to skills from other classes. This has been tested and has caused incredible problems in MMOs long before SWTOR.

Using another Class' skills will only be available while your Heroic Skill is active when a Companion is out. By nature this means those skills are not available in any meaningful Operations/Flashpoints, or an any meaningful PvP.

I took a moment to pick out what's most important to me. I care that classes don't look like other classes and have access to their skills. You may not think it's important; I do.

Perhaps you aren't familiar with armor and the way they work, but most armor is tagged for each individual class/armor type. As well as they fact that you missed the point of the Skill mixing and how it actually is going to work. So again, skimming...