Schematics for Sith as a Jedi?

XLJedi

I'm a Jedi and I got a schematic in a drop that requires a Sith to use???

Does this suggest I can craft Sith items and sell them on the GTN? I know I can't mail them to a sith toon.

Are these completely useless? ...or can a dark jedi make use somehow?

You can make them and sell them on the neutral GTN (Nar Shaddaa is the only place I can recall) to members of the opposing faction.

Character morality does not have an effect class restricted items.

So then there is a method for getting items (in general) from Jedi to Sith toons... interesting.

I was beginning to wonder if I was going to see Sith-defector companions down the road that could make use of this stuff.

As stated before, there are neutral GTN's on Nar Shaddaa that you could use to sell the schematic or the gear. However, I personally haven't tested them on my server and don't know how successful they are. I mostly just vendor that kind of stuff due to lazyness.

Are these completely useless? ...or

Put into perspective, they are 95% useless. I have vendored everyone that I have gotten.

Using the AH on Nar Shaddah for such things is a lot of effort to make a couple of extra credits... In reality the time you spend using that AH for anything "other" than transferring items to your <xFaction toon> has about a 5% usefulness.... which fills in the above missing 5%.

This is just one of those things that fell through the cracks during the initial game design. I don't expect this to happen down the road.

Edited by FooBard