Which class is for me?

royhe

Well Im looking for a PVP class, that in a sense is a solo class. Like go into WZ alone and not have to rely on a healer to 1v1. I tried GS but the lack of mobility just makes it a kind of Lolable class and real easy to LOS there attacks. Looking basically for a DMG class. I was thinking of trying OP but after they nerfed them in the patch i have no idea if it was so bad that plp dont use them anymore or they dont do as much of burst dmg. I been seeing ALOT of Assassins lately and been wondering how are there DPS/burst seeing they already have Heavy armor gives them a bit of a boost. Basically looking for a class that can do some hvy dmg without dropping like a stick. i tried sorcs, really just dps without killing, spam spam force lightning to get assist kills and do like 3k Lightning dmg if fll Lightning Tree.

ye just the 1 button comm kinda gets boring. Was thinking of either OP but dont know how bad the nerf affected it about a month ago or Assassins but i have no idea if they are the same things as PT and do the same dmg which is kinda mediocre low, just high durabilty. Edited by royhe

Marauder/Sentinal, there's really not much that can stand up against a well played one. Even if a second player comes up on you while in the middle of a 1 v 1 there's a good chance you'll kill both of them. If you're not a very good player they will seem pretty crap though.

Don't expect it to be good right out of the box, in the <50 tier they dont start dishing out decent damage until mid twenties then you get two of your most useful skills at 30 then 38, by 40 they're are pretty much gods in that tier. The 50 tier you are going to feel weak again until you get geared up if you're a solo player.

Edited by Kabaal

Wait, what?

Assassins with Heavy Armor you say?

I think he means with the Armor Boost from Dark Charge.

If you want a high burst damage class I'd recommend Op or Deception Assassin, but with both of those classes you need to be aware you can't just stand there and bang on people the whole WZ, you'll have to do some running and cloaking. As far as darkness Assassin goes, I love it in PvP, and you'll have no problem hitting 75k damage in WZ's at level 10. However you will not be critting for 3k much. It sounds to me like you want a class who just endlessly on wails people toe-to-toe, and for that I agree with the previous poster. Try Sentinel/Marauder.

I might give marauders a try. Whats the main diff between a mara/assassin PVP wise. Which is more DPS, which has a bit more durabilty, any specific skills that help ? EG Stealth, etc

Depends on how you spec your Assassin. As deception you focus more on burst DPS and I'd say you have less survivability than a Marauder but greater burst damage. As darkness you have more survivability but less burst damage. Granted this is all in my experience. I haven't really tried madness Assassin in PvP, that might be something you look into if you roll an Assassin.

I might give marauders a try. Whats the main diff between a mara/assassin PVP wise. Which is more DPS, which has a bit more durabilty, any specific skills that help ? EG Stealth, etc

I would NOT try out a marauder if you don't like being reliant on having a healer at your back.

atm i have a PT just kinda feels like its spamming low dmg, 1-2k's. Looking just for a DMG dealer. D/c if range, melle.

lol? I was getting 2.5k hit medals by level 20 as pyro. L2p. I'm sorry if the class may be too complicated considering how you are coming from a class like sorc. Powertech is easily top 4 most overpowered classes.

Edited by Crazysithslayer

I do good on PT. Always get top 2 , most dmg etc. Just the Burst high dmg aint there. As pyro im doing around 2-3k sometimes, maybe >.>

2-3k? this is low damage? what do you want 5k? 7k? not many classes can do what you're asking for. You're asking for an invincible beastly defensive character that can nuke. Outside of PT I don't where you can look tbh, because it doesn't get better than PT unless you enjoy tracer spam, which may be what you're looking for.

I do good on PT. Always get top 2 , most dmg etc. Just the Burst high dmg aint there. As pyro im doing around 2-3k sometimes, maybe >.>

no burst as PT pyro?

they are one of the most bursty classes.

if you're not seeing enough burst in pt, then i'm pretty sure you won't find it anywhere they way you judge it. keeping in mind that i'm guessing you're outgeared by many/most players and as such you're gonna be hitting them for a lot less than if you were on an even gear footing.

ofc, if you are full champ or full bm and you're still not seeing the numbers you want (out of your GS or the PT) then i'd say you need to learn the class better. i've seen both classes do amazing damage.

Edited by GhostTown

no burst as PT pyro?

they are one of the most bursty classes.

if you're not seeing enough burst in pt, then i'm pretty sure you won't find it anywhere they way you judge it. keeping in mind that i'm guessing you're outgeared by many/most players and as such you're gonna be hitting them for a lot less than if you were on an even gear footing.

ofc, if you are full champ or full bm and you're still not seeing the numbers you want (out of your GS or the PT) then i'd say you need to learn the class better. i've seen both classes do amazing damage.

Bear in mind that they seem to be talking about low level PT's where they don't really have enough points for the talents.

You probably just aren't high enough level yet, once you get all the railshot talents, it hits like a truck and if you time it with detonator, it is pretty insane burst actually.

Edit: Here's an example.

Edited by Dissentus

Lol... I wouldn't listen to this one. A well played sentinel/marauder is perfectly self-sufficient.

All the classes in the game are self-sufficient. Some are simply better at the solo pvp game than others.

If you think Marauder is as self sustaining and non healer reliant than say an Assasin, Operative, Powertech or Merc, than you are sadly mistaken.