TOR Bounty Hunter > Boba Fett

Aximand

I gotta say, I've been thinking about this in the back of my mind ever since I finished the Bounty Hunter story and I must say, the Player Character Bounty Hunter is way more impressive than Boba Fett.

Spoilers for the Bounty Hunter story below.

I mean seriously, killing a Jedi Master and his padawan as part of a contest. Hunting down the Jedi that killed the other Great Hunt winners. Pretty much completely sanitizing the Jedi Enclave on Corellia. Depending on the choices you make killing a Dark Lord of the Sith and much more. This dude is a complete bad ***.

Compared to Boba "Never Killed a Jedi in His Life" Fett, he's miles ahead of him.

Edited by Aximand

inb4 "OMG boba survived the sarlac and killed millions of jedis with his bare hands is totally canon" fan boys.

Don't forget he fell into the sarlacc 2 more times and survived....WHAT! If its that easy to get out of one, I don't see how they survive for so long. Oh wait not to mention he was dying due to reoccurring tumors, poor liver function, and tissue degeneration but was given a needle to stop all that. I'm all for saving a character's life, IF it makes sense....but if it doesn't...then no.

inb4 "OMG boba survived the sarlac and killed millions of jedis with his bare hands is totally canon" fan boys.

This may be off topic, but I know you don't acknowledge boba surviving as canon. But do you acknowledge any EU post-ROTJ?

it's not me it's George Lucas and Leeland Chee that don't count anything post ROTJ as canon.

Leland Chee doesn't count any of the POST-ROTJ as G-Canon, he's stated on his blog thats it all C-Canon and no G-canon there.

It was on his old Q&A thing, someone linked it to me a while back. It was in the archives, his name is like tasty taste or somethin.

Leland Chee doesn't count any of the POST-ROTJ as G-Canon, he's stated on his blog thats it all C-Canon and no G-canon there.

It was on his old Q&A thing, someone linked it to me a while back. It was in the archives, his name is like tasty taste or somethin.

yeah that was me who posted it.

C-Canon is still canon. The EU is 100% canon as long as it's not contradicted by or contradicts the films or tv series.

as long as it doesn't contradict

Movies, Scripts, Offiical Novelizations of the books and ANYTHING GEORGE LUCAS SAYS.

George Lucas has stated that nothing happens after RotJ, that The Emperor is not cloned, Luke doesn't get married and so on.

That is why the Thrawn Trilogy is consider canon but anything after ROTJ isn't. Also it's only considered canon in the EU + movies universe as they have also stated there are 2 universes.

as long as it doesn't contradict

Movies, Scripts, Offiical Novelizations of the books and ANYTHING GEORGE LUCAS SAYS.

George Lucas has stated that nothing happens after RotJ, that The Emperor is not cloned, Luke doesn't get married and so on.

That is why the Thrawn Trilogy is consider canon but anything after ROTJ isn't. Also it's only considered canon in the EU + movies universe as they have also stated there are 2 universes.

Yeah.

Post-ROTJ Exists, but its a different universe.

Yeah.

Post-ROTJ Exists, but its a different universe.

still doesn't exist because it contradicts George Lucas saying it doesn't exist.

Pre Phantom Meance and anything during the OT like the Shadow of the Empire.

I misspoke before I mean to say Shadow of the Empire not THrawn trilogy. Thrawn Triology is not consider canon according to Lucas.

still doesn't exist because it contradicts George Lucas saying it doesn't exist.

Pre Phantom Meance and anything during the OT like the Shadow of the Empire.

I misspoke before I mean to say Shadow of the Empire not THrawn trilogy. Thrawn Triology is not consider canon according to Lucas.

Again? In his own universe it doesn't exist, in the EU universe it most definitely does.

I'd love to see where Lucas claims nothing after RotJ is canon. Because it is canon.

Good lord.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe – the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe."

"LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

G-canon is absolute canon; the movies (their most recent release), the scripts, the novelizations of the movies, the radio plays, and any statements by George Lucas himself. G-canon overrides the lower levels of canon when there is a contradiction. Within G-canon, many fans follow an unofficial progression of canonicity where the movies are the highest canon, followed by the scripts, the novelizations, and then the radio plays.

T-canon refers to the canon level comprising only the two television shows: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series. Its precedence over C-Level canon was confirmed by Chee.

C-canon is primarily composed of elements from the Expanded Universe including books, comics, and games bearing the label of Star Wars. Games and RPG sourcebooks are a special case; the stories and general background information are themselves fully C-canon, but the other elements such as character/item statistics and gameplay are, with few exceptions, N-canon.

S-canon is secondary canon; the story itself is considered non-continuity, but the non-contradicting elements are still a canon part of the Star Wars universe. This includes things like the online roleplaying game Star Wars: Galaxies and certain elements of a few N-canon stories.

N-canon is non-canon. "What-if" stories (such as stories published under the Star Wars: Infinities label), crossover appearances (such as the Star Wars character appearances in Soulcalibur IV), game statistics, and anything else directly contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N-canon is the only level that is not considered official canon by Lucasfilm. A significant amount of material that was previously C-canon was rendered N-canon by the release of Episodes I-III.

I'd love to see where Lucas claims nothing after RotJ is canon. Because it is canon.

nope it's not

"LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

Acording to G- canon anything George Lucas says is canon.

Add this into what Leeland Chee was saying about how nothing post ROTJ is considered G-canon and it is very clear that Lucas Films stance is that nothing after RotJ is considered canon.

Just because it's not Canon doesn't mean you can't enjoy it or talk about it. No one ever said that if it's not canon you can't like it.

Some of my favorite Star Wars stories are not canon.

Edited by jarjarloves

I think some people need to brush up a little on this topic. George Lucas doesn't consider anything outside of "his" universe canon. However, he respects the EU and allows there to be a general canon to maintain continuity.

Lucas has not gone out and said to this quote, "Everything after Episode 6 is non-canon and will now be branded infinities series". However, all EU books, comics, and excerpts after RotJ currently are not branded as infinities products so are still C-Canon, not N-Canon.

As a result, we can safely assume that while George personally says Star Wars ends with Episode 6, he is still allowing continuity to flow afterward as far as I know.

Disclaimer: Imho, I would like everything after Episode 6 wiped and let it then be burned with fire, however I love all things Star Wars and respect even that era in history, although I think it could be done a bit better.

On Topic: Yes, I think Boba Fett gets outclassed by his father alone, not even mentioning TOR's bounty hunter.

I think some people need to brush up a little on this topic. George Lucas doesn't consider anything outside of "his" universe canon. However, he respects the EU and allows there to be a general canon to maintain continuity.

Lucas has not gone out and said to this quote, "Everything after Episode 6 is non-canon and will now be branded infinities series". However, all EU books, comics, and excerpts after RotJ currently are not branded as infinities products so are still C-Canon, not N-Canon.

As a result, we can safely assume that while George personally says Star Wars ends with Episode 6, he is still allowing continuity to flow afterward as far as I know.

Disclaimer: Imho, I would like everything after Episode 6 wiped and let it then be burned with fire, however I love all things Star Wars and respect even that era in history, although I think it could be done a bit better.

On Topic: Yes, I think Boba Fett gets outclassed by his father alone, not even mentioning TOR's bounty hunter.

Canon and Continuity are two different thigns and there have been posts by Leeland Chee about this. Just because it fits into the continuity of Star Wars doesn't make it Canon.

Lucas did not say the post RotJ are not canon. They are C-Canon, which is still 100% canon. Star Wars has grown beyond Lucas, and he acknowledges it. He may not like it, but it's there, and there to stay.

Edit - And because I know this will come up - I haven't read a post-RotJ novel since Vector Prime. I read most of the Legacy comic series, and that's about it. So no, I am not a fanboy. I am just stating reality.

Edited by CelticMutt

Don't forget he fell into the sarlacc 2 more times and survived....WHAT! If its that easy to get out of one, I don't see how they survive for so long. Oh wait not to mention he was dying due to reoccurring tumors, poor liver function, and tissue degeneration but was given a needle to stop all that. I'm all for saving a character's life, IF it makes sense....but if it doesn't...then no.

Fall into a Sarlacc once, my bad. Fall into a Sarlacc two more times, maybe you should stay the hell away from the freaking Sarlacc.

Lucas did not say the post RotJ are not canon. They are C-Canon, which is still 100% canon. Star Wars has grown beyond Lucas, and he acknowledges it. He may not like it, but it's there, and there to stay.

Edit - And because I know this will come up - I haven't read a post-RotJ novel since Vector Prime. I read most of the Legacy comic series, and that's about it. So no, I am not a fanboy. I am just stating reality.

yes he has

Good lord.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe – the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe."

G-canon is absolute canon; the movies (their most recent release), the scripts, the novelizations of the movies, the radio plays, and any statements by George Lucas himself. G-canon overrides the lower levels of canon when there is a contradiction. Within G-canon, many fans follow an unofficial progression of canonicity where the movies are the highest canon, followed by the scripts, the novelizations, and then the radio plays.

T-canon refers to the canon level comprising only the two television shows: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series. Its precedence over C-Level canon was confirmed by Chee.

C-canon is primarily composed of elements from the Expanded Universe including books, comics, and games bearing the label of Star Wars. Games and RPG sourcebooks are a special case; the stories and general background information are themselves fully C-canon, but the other elements such as character/item statistics and gameplay are, with few exceptions, N-canon.

S-canon is secondary canon; the story itself is considered non-continuity, but the non-contradicting elements are still a canon part of the Star Wars universe. This includes things like the online roleplaying game Star Wars: Galaxies and certain elements of a few N-canon stories.

N-canon is non-canon. "What-if" stories (such as stories published under the Star Wars: Infinities label), crossover appearances (such as the Star Wars character appearances in Soulcalibur IV), game statistics, and anything else directly contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N-canon is the only level that is not considered official canon by Lucasfilm. A significant amount of material that was previously C-canon was rendered N-canon by the release of Episodes I-III.