When to interrupt

DarthMalesyl

The casting bar. You don't want to interrupt all heals though, only the big ones, or if you feel that you can finish them off before they can finish casting the next one. Check out the icons and behave accordingly.

there's actually 3 ways to tell

if they're casting a heal the spell icon will show up next to their name, above their character. Also, a white bar will fill up underneath their health. Lastly, next to your target's portrait you can see the spell and the casting bar. Interrupt when you see this bar filling up. You can twist interrupts by utilizing disrupt, force leap, force choke, and intimidating roar. Proper use of interrupts mean the difference between defeating yoru opponent or being defeated.

The important classes to interrupt are sorc/sage, mercs/commandos, ops/scoundrel

Edited by HBninjaX

I want to know too. I swear I spent 3 minutes on a Commando interupting everything he casted until he either gave up or I interupted an important heal. Almost seems unfair.

it almost is unfair, they have lots of different heals, you cant just wait for a certain one to use your interrupt on, you gotta pop it on the first one you see and then use other things to interrupt the next heals and hope you can burst through the heals that get past your interrupts

imo, a good merc/commando healer is definitely the hardest class to kill solo (but they pose no real threat to you either, if they stop healing to dps you then it gets much easier, they are just really hard to burn down)

the way i try to deal with them is to dot them up, berserk, then choke, it should give you a good head start, then interrupt with disruption, charge, intimidating roar, and keep your healing debuff on them

if they have their blue shield available you just have to wait it out then start bursting them again while its down, interrupt invulnerability makes them damn near impossible to kill, so you gotta wait for it to end then unleash your big burst again

If you have your interrupt on a 6 second cooldown by speccing into it in the Annihilation tree (Extremely good skill point usage) then you can interrupt everything you see. Charge on a 0m also doubles as an interrupt, so that gives you 4 interrupts (Choke and Roar too).

I honestly never have much trouble 1v1ing a healer. I think it's really easy to do. I also generally interrupt the little heals with Disruption, then Charge/Choke/Roar for the big ones. The little heals are more spammable and you have more of a reason to interrupt those, just so they can't use it four more times before Disrupt goes off cooldown. Interrupting the big heal with Choke or Roar means that Disruption will be back after the effects of Choke/Roar, so you can use Disruption after that again if they persist on trying to use one of the big heals.