When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

gizbug

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you forgot that you need to be the same level in the game and be online at the same time.

That is a major problem this game has. Only during prime time and some random days you will find 200 people online at the fleet. This is horribly low for doing flash points at random levels. So it still takes LONG time before you can do any dungeons at all.

So either remove the leveling process and make everyone level 50 or do what it takes to get more players in the game. In games like WoW you have cross realm LFG so its easy and fast to get a group for a dungeon. And even if it was not cross realm you would still find THOUSANDS of players online most of the time. Even 5 in the morning you can find groups for low level dungeons. In this game there is not even 20 people online 5 in the morning on most servers.

they wont listen,

unless lots of subs r gone.

u got 200 on fleet?!

we go 20!!!

so which is terrible?!

they wont listen,

unless lots of subs r gone.

u got 200 on fleet?!

we go 20!!!

so which is terrible?!

200 on fleet is terrible because that is not enough to make a full group for lower level dungeons. Most people are around level 50 and then some random people on the lower levels. Anything else than prime time makes grouping even less possible.

I think it was two weeks ago since I managed to get a group for Athiss and then the group had ninjas.

So yeah even with 200 people on fleet its like a single player game. Only thing you can do is wait for HOURS to form a party or go out and do SOLO questing.

There is no question that server moves/merges are in order. Yes there are still some well populated servers out there, but if you are logged in on a Saturday night and there aren't 50 people in fleet, and less than 20 on a planet, then you're in a ghost town.

Kath Hound is one such sad ghost town that could use a move to a larger population.

4:32 pm eastern today: 15 people on the Republic Fleet....try forming a group with that.

Dang, I haven't seen it that low at that time, but the other night I was on Corellia (about 10 PST,) and there were three of us on the planet. 10 on the fleet. I haven't seen over 70on the fleet lately, even at peak times.

Seems like almost every server is low population. At Peak hours, there are not many people on any one server. Rift had this issue, and in the beginning, they shut down servers, and allowed people to merge to other servers. It's odd that it takes hours at lvl 50 for a PVP game to pop, as there is hardly anyone on the servers. They also need to implement CROSS REALM Ques. WOW did this, and was a huge success. For any new MMO not to include this off the bat, is beyond bizarre to me. I think Bioware is too focused on fixing bugs than getting these servers in line. Wish I never leveled on what is now a "Low POP" server, as most of the time I feel like this is a single player game.

Bioware, what say you?

notice they wont comment....they dump all threads in here....

BW failed us

4:32 pm eastern today: 15 people on the Republic Fleet....try forming a group with that.

That not so bad :) We had at 19:34(7:34pm) 8 players on the Imp fleet (2of them lvl 50), 1 wz for lvl50 and 67 players total on the whole server (most of them lvl under 10)

Hello,

I'd like to chip in to this discussion with my own views. I believe that server mergers are the solution to ailing server populations and then implementing an inter-server LFD and complete guild recruitment suite to help the server communities. The latter feature being something I've wanted for a long time in other MMO's but has been poorly implemented.

I do not believe paid services are the solution as the monthly subscription entitles players to expect a quality MMO experience; to enjoy the game with other players. It seems logical to me, that is the one of the reasons for justifying a subscription model in the first place.

Blizzard implemented realm transfers and the cross-realm LFG tools to capitalise on 'additional' services. Instead of consolidating the player base, they made them pay to move to servers with healthier player numbers, those players wanting to experience the game as it was intended to be; enjoying the game grouping with other players on their server, the core element of any strong community.

There is no fun in waiting for groups that never form, no world PvP, dead guilds, no inter-server rivalries/strong friendships and a strong feeling of isolation. I am adamantly opposed to any kind of paid services to solve this problem, it will discourage many players from continuing to pay their subscription. Server mergers must be the solution!

Please Bioware, do not choose (extra) money over giving players a quality MMO experience.

Edited by Oberon

Let's get it together Bioware! I like the game and thanks for the new content, but what my question is if you do not server merge soon, what is the point of new content if people are leaving the game. If you think this new content alone will help your steady decline of subscribers change course, you are wrong. At least do something about this problem, server merges or free transfers anything will help. Also it might be helpful to listen to your players sometimes. Just a thought.

Almost all the chat on my server is "if they don't merge soon i'm gone".

I have to agree.

Not enough players to heroics sinc I was about level 28 - now 47. That is a joke.

My server is essentially a single player server with occasional multiplayer - if I help someone of lower level or a higher level helps me... what am I paying for.

I quite literally could have played 90% of my content offline.

I understand they are working out the kinks but we are paying to play a beta or a trial.

-- I'm gone at 50 unless I get to move server.

// rant over.

When I first started playing on the Parlemanian Trade Route server a month or so back, I had absolutely no problem joining up with others for Flashpoints and the like. Each planet had about 30 to 40 and the fleet had about 50 to 65. Now each planet has about 10 to 18 players while the fleet has about 20 to 30, and I have trouble now finding others to do heroics. What is the deal? Bioware, the new content should be fun, but maybe you should focus more on satisfying your customers. For crying out loud, this game has been around for almost 4 months!

And you forgot that you need to be the same level in the game and be online at the same time.

That is a major problem this game has. Only during prime time and some random days you will find 200 people online at the fleet. This is horribly low for doing flash points at random levels. So it still takes LONG time before you can do any dungeons at all.

So either remove the leveling process and make everyone level 50 or do what it takes to get more players in the game. In games like WoW you have cross realm LFG so its easy and fast to get a group for a dungeon. And even if it was not cross realm you would still find THOUSANDS of players online most of the time. Even 5 in the morning you can find groups for low level dungeons. In this game there is not even 20 people online 5 in the morning on most servers.

Been there, done that, burned the t-shirt quite frankly. Lets be honest here as well.. There aren't/weren't 'thousands' of people on all servers. If you were talking something like Mal'Gannis then maybe.. If you are talking something like Nazgrel (where I originally started because it was the recommended server) never.. There might have been 1000 people online in the evening during people on the alliance side.

I will admit that the RDF in Wow made it easier to find a group. I will not admit that it improved my game play experience. I'm a healer.. get my drift.

To all the people saying they need to merge servers:

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!....

...anytime soon that is... if ever.

Transfers are coming, not server mergers(WoW still hasn't merged any servers and some of them are absolutely dead and have been for years). So whining, crying, threatening doom, quitting or threatening to quit will have no effect on making them merge your server.

They have the numbers, they know every individual servers population and how may are active on that server. So unless they decide to do it, it's never going to happen.

I agree with the vast majority here.

I am a huge star wars fan and that is the only reason why I keep playing this game. I log in, try to get a group for a FP...3 hours later, nothing...no one in the fleet (the only general chat is my spam for a group) few people doing dailies, since there is nothing else to do without waiting for it for too long.

In my personal opinion, releasing a game without a cross-server dungeon finder tool in a non-established MMO was a bad decision. When I am on my lvl 50 (I don't like PvP) so I am trying, desperately I might add, to do flashpoints. However that proves to be quite unsuccessful as there are not nearly enough people in the fleet and I cannot be expected to keep bouncing between Fleet/Ilum to try and get people for a flashpoint.

I am paying for playing and awesome game, not for wasting 3 hours of trying to get a group to be even able to enjoy end game content.

As I said before, the only reason why I am playing this game is because its Star Wars, were it any other game I would have finished after the first month as there is nothing for me to do (not due to lack of content, but due to the lack of accessibility of said content due to lack of players).

And I am also sorry to say, if the LFD tool won't be implemented soon, I will cancel my subscription until they implement it, however I might lose interest if it takes them too long.

Enable free transfers, initiate mergers or implement a LFD tool, one that works I might add, nothing worse than people waiting for one and it being completely bugged/screwed up.

To all the people saying they need to merge servers:

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!....

...anytime soon that is... if ever.

Transfers are coming, not server mergers(WoW still hasn't merged any servers and some of them are absolutely dead and have been for years). So whining, crying, threatening doom, quitting or threatening to quit will have no effect on making them merge your server.

They have the numbers, they know every individual servers population and how may are active on that server. So unless they decide to do it, it's never going to happen.

WoW is not the only game on the market. Other games have done server merges (Warhammer, Aion for example). It is not unheard of, nor is it a bad thing to promote a healthy community.

Everyday i check this forum a few times just to see a comment from the Devs/Gms/Moderators etc, about transfers or merge.

People are crying out "Help us, we don't want to quit".

I think they forgot to employ a "public relations" person...

They better find a solution before other games are released, cos not much left to see here.

I'm on the Emp side and ready to go Republic any time, but there is no faction change option. Please give us one.

There is a faction change option, its making a new character on a different side, you can make as many rep or imp characters as you want your not bound to imperial or rep cus you have one character on one side, and the game would be unwise to have a sith gone jedi or bounty hunters go good, they would have to redo the whole story line of every class

WoW is not the only game on the market. Other games have done server merges (Warhammer, Aion for example). It is not unheard of, nor is it a bad thing to promote a healthy community.

They where also small in comparison to WoW and ToR, so less people playing is more noticeable and merging servers is better thing to do business wise.

They also did it on their own, not because of some outrage from there players.