Lets talk Weapons...

jedahmaster

So i have been speculating recently on how vibro (blades, staffs, swords, etc) work. Are they some kind of energy powered piece of steel? Or are they Lethal weapons of metal honed to a razor sharp point?

And while your answering that, feel free to bring up any weapon or armor that that you think is cool.

Never really knew much star wars lore... so i guess this is where i start. With logistics! :D

Vibroblades are just...well blades, though they can be lined with cortosis weave they also use ultrasonic vibrations for a better cutting effectiveness. Myself though I prefer the A280 rifle, one of the best armor piercing blasters, sturdy, long range and could cut a stormtrooper in half at medium range.

For vehicle weapons though, I LOVE the mass-driver cannon high damage and pretty much its a huge sniper cannon able to rip through just about anything.

Side note: Love the AT-AP that thing is just awesome with a mass driver cannon on it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Attack_Pod

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

whats up with that btw? does armor even help you against blasters and such? It certaintly didn't help stormtroopers/clonetroopers in the movies

It most likely had some type of protection that wasn't visible in the movies, probably depends on the energy of the blast and range its being fired from.

Although the suits could also just serve as "all purpose" suits. The advantage of them being able to be used anywhere, from Tatooine to Hoth, without being impaired as others would.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

whats up with that btw? does armor even help you against blasters and such? It certaintly didn't help stormtroopers/clonetroopers in the movies

It does, but the Rebels got their hands on armor piercing blasters, DH-17, A280, DL44 to name a few. As for clones though...well I would hope that the enemy would have armor penetrating blasters themselves to counter the clone's armor.

Stormtrooper armor was fairly effective against the low-yield weapons typically encountered on border worlds or in civilian population centers. They used small energy-sinks to dissipate most normal energy blasts. Heavier weapons, like Han's DL-44 and Luke's Merr-Sonn M7 were just above the typical threshold of a stormtrooper's armor. Also in the films, the opposing armies tended to train specifically to target weak spots in the armor - the SBDs, in particular, I think, used similar blaster technology to that of the droidekas, making their blasters harder to resist.

I also love the look and firepower of an E-web heavy repeating blaster, just due to the fact its both powerful and could be operated by a full crew or just one man. Which really it being operated by one man doesn't seem to be that much of an issue, just kept the generator at a safe cooling and good to go though the rate of fire would be reduced. Well that and it took time to set up, but if set up quick enough(Snowtroopers on in ESB) could do some damage.

was looking stuff up on wookiepedia for the last hour.

Found this

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crushgaunt

Crushgaunts! Apparently Vader had one on his right hand. These things are nearly indestructible and can crush metal, windpipes, and skulls with ease. Can also grasp the blade of a lightsaber apparently. Man i want one of these on my Juggernaut :D

So i have been speculating recently on how vibro (blades, staffs, swords, etc) work. Are they some kind of energy powered piece of steel? Or are they Lethal weapons of metal honed to a razor sharp point?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vibroblade

Vibro-weapons are bladed weapons of varying types that use micro-vibrating blades to cause greater damage with less force on the user's part. As mentioned, depending on the time period they commonly are treated with a Cortosis weave, which is a Lightsaber resistant material.

You guys are -all- correct concerning combat armors. There were even heavier armors in use as well that offered true resistance to higher-yield blasterfire, but obviously it's never really seen in the movies. Except arguably Boba Fett's. And I don't think he ever takes a blasterbolt on screen.

And the DH-17 just plain looks cool! It's what I carried as an Officer in NGE SWG. The ONLY good thing about the NGE: Weapon and Armor Skins.

Yep, I had a full rebel hoth trooper set with a crafted A280 rifle! I looked exactly like a Rebel specforce wilderness fighter from Hoth...was awesome.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well if it isn't obvous the light saber is the coolest weapon in Star Wars. It can cut though almost any thing can bat away blaster bolts and protect from force lighting.. My favorite verson is the one you can't use in TOR lightwhip though. Edited by Diamonddug

DXR6 heavy carbine

Edit

The subject of this article appeared in the Rebellion era.

The DXR6 heavy carbine in use.

The DXR6 Carbine had a longer range than any other carbine on the market and dealt a reasonable amount of damage. It could be seen wielded by stormtroopers as well as bounty hunters and the Sith Shadow thugs.

Sounds awesome

The Mini-Torpedo Launcher was a torpedo launcher developed by Mon Cal Defenses, which fired self-propelled mini-torpedoes that would detonate on impact. This weapon was primarily designed for underwater combat and was attachable to heavy underwater battle armor.

• 3 months later...
Stormtrooper armor was fairly effective against the low-yield weapons typically encountered on border worlds or in civilian population centers. They used small energy-sinks to dissipate most normal energy blasts. Heavier weapons, like Han's DL-44 and Luke's Merr-Sonn M7 were just above the typical threshold of a stormtrooper's armor. Also in the films, the opposing armies tended to train specifically to target weak spots in the armor - the SBDs, in particular, I think, used similar blaster technology to that of the droidekas, making their blasters harder to resist.

And, apparently, rocks and sticks (Ewoks).:D