Does the JC story get better?

BongoFrenzy

Im lvl 41, and to be honest....

No

Too bad. :/ The first act is so ridiculously repetetive: some master you've never heard of is sick, so you heal him/her, and then repeat. It is almost as if Bioware didn't even try to make it any good.

Yeah I agree with you. I personally found it pretty dull, and when compared to some other stories, it makes it seem like what you are doing is pretty insignificant.

Most of the planet stories are more exciting than the Consular story, but everybody gets to do those.

Post-30/Legacy it gets a LITTLE better. You go from being the Red Cross to more of a political dagger mixed into a war-starting conspiracy. Still, not by much. I space-barred a lot. Also save your affections for the companion (if you have one) with + to your Crew Skills/work for your class and Lt Iresso/Nadia (depending on your gender) - the rest are just a waste of time and gifts and nearly impossible to please.

On the bright side, our class is one of the most powerful - at the moment, anyway, so there's a silver lining to the boring nonsense you're dealing with now.

Post-30/Legacy it gets a LITTLE better. You go from being the Red Cross to more of a political dagger mixed into a war-starting conspiracy. Still, not by much. I space-barred a lot. Also save your affections for the companion (if you have one) with + to your Crew Skills/work for your class and Lt Iresso/Nadia (depending on your gender) - the rest are just a waste of time and gifts and nearly impossible to please.

On the bright side, our class is one of the most powerful - at the moment, anyway, so there's a silver lining to the boring nonsense you're dealing with now.

Will I at some point care about what happens?

Edited by BongoFrenzy

I enjoyed the story. It made me feel that my character was special, one of a kind. Doing something no one else could.

This is a decent point, I just think they go about it all wrong. You don't really feel that if you fail, the galaxy will crumble, just that ull have some dead jedi. I am still liking my shadow, but am still madly in love with my vanguard.

Being the only 2 stories I have gotten deep (30+) into, the trooper is VASTLY superior to the JCs storyline in my opinion.

I have played my Jedi Shadow to level 28, and so far the story has been incredibly boring. Does it get better? Because now I am really tempted to start a new character.

It gets better after chapter 1. I myself found the ending very satisfying (though the reward for completing Chapter 3 was dissapointing!)

Yeah it does. Never great, but good. Act 3 has some silly in it, act 2 being my favorite. Understated and sort of "day in the life" more than "OMG crisis save us". I also feel that the consular consistently lines up well with the planetary story after Act 1. And that makes for a nice coherent feel and adds to the day in the life I mentioned.

Never gonna blow you away, but don't reroll over it.

I would call it tolerable. It is uninspired. It is the worst story in the game, IMO, even worse than the knight one. Then again, I have found that just about all the rep story lines are crap compared to the Sith ones...Inq is vastly superior to Consular...and Agent is just nothing but great. BH is very good, and so is Sith Warrior...the rep side stories just seem phoned in, tbh. Like they were written by people that dont understand it can be cool to be the good guy.

They make it boring to be good...which is kind of a problem the whole game has...

It gets better after chapter 1. I myself found the ending very satisfying (though the reward for completing Chapter 3 was dissapointing!)

No doubt!

"You just saved the entire galaxy. Here's a mod!"

Gee, thanks.... Can I have a million credits instead? No? How about a new hover bike? A slightly used lightsaber? *sigh*

That said, I enjoyed the story after completing the travel-the-galaxy-rescuing-Jedi-from-themselves part. I haven't played any of the other classes, but after hearing that they're more "epic", I'm looking forward to investing more time in my alts. :D

I only wish dark side choices had a bigger impact on your standing in the Jedi order. They should give you the option of being cast out and getting entirely new quest lines as a rogue, still within the Republic, but outside the context of the Jedi Order.

No Jedi Order should've allowed me to get away with the crap I've done. None.

And Nadia should be a corrupt bloodthirsty mess right about now.

Edited by Onager