Lion 2 - BM Scoundrel PVP Video

Populism

Cross-posting from Scoundrel forums because people keep telling me I should.

I received a lot of messages after posting my first video, people wanted more footage. Some people wanted more duels, some wanted me to kill as many ungeared people as possible but the vast majority asked for me to start streaming or record open PvP.

My Internet connection can't really handle HD streaming and it sounds boring to fish through me running around a WZ for half an hour looking for good footage, not to mention that much recording takes of hundreds of gigs of space.

So, I tried to please everyone in this video. This was taken over the course of a week and put together today. I tried my hardest to avoid taking footage of fighting undergeared people or new 50s (except for one montage).

I would say this video is a lot better than my last one, more entertaining at least.

Spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701McbZGhMRdkrdfzZh.1

Video link:

Edited by Populism

Cross-posting from Scoundrel forums because people keep telling me I should.

I received a lot of messages after posting my first video, people wanted more footage. Some people wanted more duels, some wanted me to kill as many ungeared people as possible but the vast majority asked for me to start streaming or record open PvP.

My Internet connection can't really handle HD streaming and it sounds boring to fish through me running around a WZ for half an hour looking for good footage, not to mention that much recording takes of hundreds of gigs of space.

So, I tried to please everyone in this video. This was taken over the course of a week and put together today. I tried my hardest to avoid taking footage of fighting undergeared people or new 50s (except for one montage).

I would say this video is a lot better than my last one, more entertaining at least.

Spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701McbZGhMRdkrdfzZh.1

Video link:

Excellent footage as usual! We want more!

I just needed to watch your UI to know you were good.

31 keybinds if I don't count the mount in it.

But isn't - and = too far from your other keybinds?

Especially when it comes to Sneak and Underworld medecine.

Good video, good kills, good stuff. :)

Edit : Also, your cover bar look all messed up compared to your normal bar. Is it only for sabotage charge that you use cover?

Edited by snaplemouton

Too lazy to make my UI minimalist tbh, I don't use cover bar for anything but sab charge, it's been untouched since day one. - and = are all still spammable with one hand for me, I dunno, I can reach it just fine without moving anything.

Too lazy to make my UI minimalist tbh, I don't use cover bar for anything but sab charge, it's been untouched since day one. - and = are all still spammable with one hand for me, I dunno, I can reach it just fine without moving anything.

Don't worry I have sneak on - as well. xD And my sweeping pow pow on = while tranquilizer sit on 9 and 0 is a whatever spell I don't use.

I'm sitting at 31 keybinds if I don't count 8, 9, 0, - and = too.

But I've been using cover a lot to roll out of melee (I'm an hybrid Sawbones/Scrapper so sometimes I got to get out of melee to heal).

I wish you were on my server. I would love to Q warzones with another kick *** Scoundrel.

Edit : Can you tell me what you use to take videos of yourself. I would like to do that myself.

Edited by snaplemouton

Don't worry I have sneak on - as well. xD And my sweeping pow pow on = while tranquilizer sit on 9 and 0 is a whatever spell I don't use.

I'm sitting at 31 keybinds if I don't count 8, 9, 0, - and = too.

But I've been using cover a lot to roll out of melee (I'm an hybrid Sawbones/Scrapper so sometimes I got to get out of melee to heal).

I wish you were on my server. I would love to Q warzones with another kick *** Scoundrel.

Edit : Can you tell me what you use to take videos of yourself. I would like to do that myself.

He uses fraps. Too bad, he's on my server to que with :p.

Fun vid to watch, I gotta ask you have a hardon for Marauders? You seem to be killing one just about every clip.

During my game play I have noticed you builds seems to do really well against just about any AC tank or not, CD or not.

I also noticed you don't use your ranged DoT at all, any advice for players whop want to start playing your class and build?

Do you have a fixed rotation?

Edited by Jeddahwe

You notice he rarely ever kills the target but moves on to the next before he dies.

This the result of the nerf to Scrapper. No kills just runs out of juice or dies.

Looking at all the fights he has cheery picked the best. But shows the nerf is real.

Are you referring to the ones that I don't show them dying? That's because it involves 10 more seconds of me spamming auto attack from range or hitting them for like 800 and it really messes up the timing of things not to mention it is pretty boring.

Also lol at the rest of your post. :3

Edited by Populism

I wuld be ashamed to include fight with assassin at 1:20, and with sorc at 3:43 to a PvP video, if the reason was else but show how actually human being can perform worse than NPC.

The rest was... good.

But snipers, who just sit in their cover thinking they are safe, make me sad.

Edited by Maxkardinal

Fun vid to watch, I gotta ask you have a hardon for Marauders? You seem to be killing one just about every clip.

During my game play I have noticed you builds seems to do really well against just about any AC tank or not, CD or not.

I also noticed you don't use your ranged DoT at all, any advice for players whop want to start playing your class and build?

Do you have a fixed rotation?

I do use my ranged dot a lot! Especially against high armour targets. Sometimes I don't dot them up if I feel like I'll need to use flash grenade to hold them when 2v1ing or whatever. As to the marauder hard on, maybe it's subconscious, I dunno but I'd chalk it up to there being soooooooo maaaaaany on my server.

Fixed rotation? Not really, it has to differ from class to class but if I'd have to pick the most common one it would be (FR) SF -> Sab Charge -> BB -> BW (Pugnacity) -> Sucker Punch, etc. If it's a jugg or PT, I'd throw a VS somewhere in there.

I wuld be ashamed to include fight with assassin at 1:20, and with sorc at 3:43 to a PvP video, if the reason was else but show how actually human being can perform worse than NPC.

The fight with the assassin in the start is probably the worst footage out of the entire video, but a scene of group PVP seems more entertaining that quick cut WZ duels so I thought I might as well include it. That guy does suck pretty badly so I wasn't trying, so that's my excuse.

Edited by Populism

The Maras on our server drop what they're doing and literally tunnel him. I'm not even kidding!

I dug the video but I was absolutely amazed at the amount of sage/sorcs that you fought who never put any dots on you and just hit FL/TkT. 3:42-4:15 when you kill that terrible, terrible player I wanted to grab him through the screen and shake him.

Good song choices too. :D

A little bit of s-keying, and clicking abilities that you already have keybound. Overall, not terrible, but nothing that was amazing. Also, damage definitely not as high as I expected it to be. Are you in full BM gear?

How well do you fare against our mirror class (the Imperial Operative), especially those with some decent gear.

They are a problem for me (especially when we are both in stealth and they seem to see me more often than I see them) I often get wiped in under 6 seconds that way when they blow me out of stealth and stun lock me.

I'm nowhere near Battlemaster yet, of course (more like half Champ) so the Op's doing me over have a gear advantage. And their ability to stun on the run with their equivalent of Dirty Kick doesn't help either.

A little bit of s-keying, and clicking abilities that you already have keybound. Overall, not terrible, but nothing that was amazing. Also, damage definitely not as high as I expected it to be. Are you in full BM gear?

Haha, no way. BM gear is all +acc and +crit, I don't even want to look at it. Also, I only click my heal when I'm like, drinking or something. This is a pretty casual PVP vid tbh. No tryharding allowed. :o

How well do you fare against our mirror class (the Imperial Operative), especially those with some decent gear.

They are a problem for me (especially when we are both in stealth and they seem to see me more often than I see them) I often get wiped in under 6 seconds that way when they blow me out of stealth and stun lock me.

I'm nowhere near Battlemaster yet, of course (more like half Champ) so the Op's doing me over have a gear advantage. And their ability to stun on the run with their equivalent of Dirty Kick doesn't help either.

Operatives are my favourite class to fight because they suffer from all of the same weaknesses as I do and more often than not their gear isn't properly socketed so they do less damage. They're very squishy and I enjoy fighting them.

Are you specced into Shifty-eyed or are you saving your Sneak for whenever you see them stealth by you? For equally geared/skilled smuggs/ops it comes down to the opener most times.

Edited by Populism

Haha, no way. BM gear is all +acc and +crit, I don't even want to look at it. Also, I only click my heal when I'm like, drinking or something. This is a pretty casual PVP vid tbh. No tryharding allowed.

Yeah, didn't really see anything major that looked horrible. I just notice things like that even if it doesn't affect your performance. Also, have you tried using full BM, but replacing the enhancements from Champion gear? I'm pretty sure you'd end up with the same amount of secondary stats as Champion gear, with the added bonus of having extra Cunning from BM gear.

Edited by Kesrik

Operatives are my favourite class to fight because they suffer from all of the same weaknesses as I do and more often than not their gear isn't properly socketed so they do less damage. They're very squishy and I enjoy fighting them.

Are you specced into Shifty-eyed or are you saving your Sneak for whenever you see them stealth by you? For equally geared/skilled smuggs/ops it comes down to the opener most times.

Not Shifty Eyed at the moment but I'm seriously thinking about it. It means I have to eiither give up a sizeable chunk of the Cunning bonus from Bedside Manner, (would lose about 100 Cunning) or the cooldown reduction on Dirty Kick (Dirty Escape). Tough choice !

The other choice would be to take 1 point off Knockout (so it becomes a 50% chance rather than a 100% chance from Shoot First). I don't particulary want to lose Scrappy (in the same row as Shifty Eyed)..hmmm.

But yes, I tend to go sneaky when I glimpse a stealther close by, or when I have to pass close to the front of non stealthed players.

The Maras on our server drop what they're doing and literally tunnel him. I'm not even kidding!

I had no idea what his build can do until I was playing deference with a OP and saw first hand what he does to marauders who see me a sorcerer and decide its an easy kill.

All I do is play bait, bubble my OP -Concealment- friend and run...I don't even attack just to see what happens...Marauders pop CD's but they still go down.

No wounder they go for him hehe.