Bioware this is actually really stupid

XxPetexX

Today marks A MONTH that I have been crew skill farming for a specific recipe and not gotten it.

Every day (almost) I've been sending my companions on missions to get a recipe (aspiring knights vest syntweaving)...

I've gotten like 100 recipes in that time but NOT the aspiring knights vest.

This system is flawed... there shoul be a means to farm towards a specific recipe and not have it be totally random.

In WoW.... if you wanted a recipe.... you learned it dropped from a mob/boss/instance... and then you farmed that until you got it.... you knew that eventually you'd get it.... the RNG was just bound to that specific enemy.

I **** you not when I say that I've been frequently sent companions on missions for that recipe for a month now.

I've done research online on mission levels etc....

But the damn thing just wont drop!

I agree, the methods for gaining schematics in this game are horrible, and checking the GTN for them is just as bad, there is very rarely any on there, and for some crew skills there is very often none, and I'm on a high pop server. The whole thing needs to be reworked.

I think the mission crew skills should just be removed or replaced with skills with some actual substance, right now they are just weak and hinder players to the point of being annoying.

Edited by System_TOR

Today marks A MONTH that I have been crew skill farming for a specific recipe and not gotten it.

Every day (almost) I've been sending my companions on missions to get a recipe (aspiring knights vest syntweaving)...

I've gotten like 100 recipes in that time but NOT the aspiring knights vest.

This system is flawed... there shoul be a means to farm towards a specific recipe and not have it be totally random.

In WoW.... if you wanted a recipe.... you learned it dropped from a mob/boss/instance... and then you farmed that until you got it.... you knew that eventually you'd get it.... the RNG was just bound to that specific enemy.

I **** you not when I say that I've been frequently sent companions on missions for that recipe for a month now.

I've done research online on mission levels etc....

But the damn thing just wont drop!

o.O why waste your time, unless its a Op's drop its junk anyways.

Do what the majority of players have done already reroll biochem, and use alts for everything else.

how is the RNG being tied to a MOB different from the RNG being tied to a Mission?

If you had been farming this monster for a month and the RNG hadn't rewarded you with the schematic, that would be ok because you got to fight a monster over and over and over to the exclusion of everything else?

Instead, you get to go out and explore/quest/fight/pvp/whatever while your companions farm for the mission for you and this is the worse system?

Please explain the difference, I is con-fuse-ed. :)

o.O why waste your time, unless its a Op's drop its junk anyways.

Do what the majority of players have done already reroll biochem, and use alts for everything else.

It's a good looking piece of orange armor... I want it for the looks:P

So tired of everything with mandatory hoods.... this has the hood down in the design:P

how is the RNG being tied to a MOB different from the RNG being tied to a Mission?

If you had been farming this monster for a month and the RNG hadn't rewarded you with the schematic, that would be ok because you got to fight a monster over and over and over to the exclusion of everything else?

Instead, you get to go out and explore/quest/fight/pvp/whatever while your companions farm for the mission for you and this is the worse system?

The difference is, one requires you to form a group and do a dungeon, hoping no one else is your profession... And the other requires you to send one of your many companions on a mission, which can be repeated, while you go and do other things...

THIS SYSTEM IS AWFUL!! QQ

Because the RNG of the missions is not tied to ONE recipe.

If one specific recipe is tied to ONE mob, you know you'll get it eventually.

Here (I don't knkow the actual number) 30 recipes can be tied to the same missions. Meaning you are just as likely to get 5 out of a recipe you don't need rather than the one yoo do want

The difference is, one requires you to form a group and do a dungeon, hoping no one else is your profession... And the other requires you to send one of your many companions on a mission, which can be repeated, while you go and do other things...

THIS SYSTEM IS AWFUL!! QQ

I'd MUCH rather form a group together and go do a flashpoint where I KNOW stuff will drop at a fairly decent rate.

Than mind-numbingly sending companions every THIRD minute with no guarantee what-so ever that they A.... will return with a recipe at all and B.... if they return witha recipe there's like 1 chance in 30 that it's the one I actually need

Because the RNG of the missions is not tied to ONE recipe.

If one specific recipe is tied to ONE mob, you know you'll get it eventually.

Here (I don't knkow the actual number) 30 recipes can be tied to the same missions. Meaning you are just as likely to get 5 out of a recipe you don't need rather than the one yoo do want

it's frustrating, believe me I know...400 Artifice here, you think there is ever ANYTHING on the GTN for me?....but it's still a background task that requires very little interaction on your part every 30 minutes to 1 hour while you are able to do other things. Heck, you can even sell the recipe's you don't need and make a little extra bling bling (I'm sorry...I have no idea why I used that term).

Unless you aren't really upset with the system and are just venting. If that is the case, I apologize, I know how sometimes venting your frustrations can help.

I'd MUCH rather form a group together and go do a flashpoint where I KNOW stuff will drop at a fairly decent rate.

Than mind-numbingly sending companions every THIRD minute with no guarantee what-so ever that they A.... will return with a recipe at all and B.... if they return witha recipe there's like 1 chance in 30 that it's the one I actually need

Some of those patterns had a ridiculously low drop rate, and the ones from raids were excruciatingly hard to farm when they first came out.

Also, you can complete those missions faster than you can finish a dungeon, which btw has no guarantee either that you'll get a recipe, or that it will always be the one you need.

If said Mob always dropped said recipe/schematic it would be just a matter of time (much shorter time) to get said item.

Ide also like a way to quest for rare schematics. SOLO quests. LONG quests. Multiplanet quests.

I've saved the recipes I've gotten so far....

6 lower acolytes robes

3 Drelliad jackets

1 Hardweave leggings

2 traditional demicot

1 spec ops leggings

2 republic troopers greaves

3 hardened plastfoid greaves

2 sith dueling pants

Rest is in my storage locker and I'm too far away to check that....

But point is I'm farming for ONE specific recipe and I've gotten several out of others but NOT the one I need...

bad bad bad system imho.

You should be able to farm for the specific things you need

If that system were in place, there'd be no excess patterns on the AH... There's nothing wrong with the system, just need to practice some patience.

I've saved the recipes I've gotten so far....

6 lower acolytes robes

3 Drelliad jackets

1 Hardweave leggings

2 traditional demicot

1 spec ops leggings

2 republic troopers greaves

3 hardened plastfoid greaves

2 sith dueling pants

Rest is in my storage locker and I'm too far away to check that....

But point is I'm farming for ONE specific recipe and I've gotten several out of others but NOT the one I need...

bad bad bad system imho.

Check the Nar Shaddaa HTN, or roll Imperial, they might have the schematics. (Also I think you gotta run the lowest level missions for that schematic)

Check the Nar Shaddaa HTN, or roll Imperial, they might have the schematics. (Also I think you gotta run the lowest level missions for that schematic)

Yeah been doing that mate:P

nar shaddaa ah is dead and I'm only doing 10-16 mission every third minute:P

If said Mob always dropped said recipe/schematic it would be just a matter of time (much shorter time) to get said item.

Ide also like a way to quest for rare schematics. SOLO quests. LONG quests. Multiplanet quests.

Ok, I would definitely be in favor of that. Right now my biggest hurdle is finding a group (I trust) to help me kill a world boss or two for the magenta crystal schematic. My guild is small (but fun) and it's hard to get people online at a time to get these world bosses dropped, and then to do it however many times is necessary to get the schematic. A quest that required me to travel from Dromund Kaas to Tat to Alderaan to Korriban to Correllia to Taris to Belsavis to Hoth with two or three missions on each planet would actually be ok for me. Alright, I'm exgerating the length a little :p

If that system were in place, there'd be no excess patterns on the AH... There's nothing wrong with the system, just need to practice some patience.

Patience mate?

I've been at this every day (almost) for a month:P

Patience mate?

I've been at this every day (almost) for a month:P

If that's once a day that's not a lot, if you're doing it multiple times a day then it's more likely you're sending out on the wrong missions. Certain patterns drop only at certain skill levels.

If that's once a day that's not a lot, if you're doing it multiple times a day then it's more likely you're sending out on the wrong missions. Certain patterns drop only at certain skill levels.

It's about every 3rd minute whenever I am online and I am sending them on the right mission level, I've researched it:P

I just simply can't get that recipe. I get doubles, triples... of every other damn recipe:P

It's about every 3rd minute whenever I am online and I am sending them on the right mission level, I've researched it:P

I just simply can't get that recipe. I get doubles, triples... of every other damn recipe:P

So you're using Underworld Trading and strictly the 10-16 bracket?

There are just too many recipes bound with an RNG to the same missions.

It gets very frustrating when you get the SAME recipes over and over again but not the one you need.

And you are just as likely to get a recipe several times over as you are getting the one you want.