Fact: Full Rakata = more damage then full Battlemaster

LoL-K-Noob

Does expertise stack with damage reduction from armor/resists or is damage reduced before or after armor/resist are taken into consideration?

Does anyone know?

If it is an additive stack it is crazy good (especially if you have high armor) and would make the calculations drastically favor expertise.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More HP does not > More Damage reduction. Also you dont get a ton more damage and you can get the same crit/surge rating by putting in those mods.

I don't really have the time for it big boy.

After spending hours on testing different gear sets, slotting different mods and such.. This is what we came up with.

Running more then 9.5% expertise is worthless. My damage taken increased by .8% going from 12.5%-9.5%. I gained over 1k HP, gained over 50+ damage bonus, gained few % surge and crit.

As far as your argument about damage taken is going to be, you do make some sense. However, if you account the amount of people that need to hit you, to make that .5-1% increase in damage actually noticeable, you're going to NEED a lot more then that .5% damage reduction to save yourself. At that point, competent groups, tank and such will save your life, not the 3% increase in expertise, at the cost of much less damage and damage stats. Actually, from doing the testing, fighting everywhere except Ilum will in fact increase your survival if you do wear the PVE gear.

The only class that would stick with 2 piece PVE gear would be healers and this is mainly because healers get much smaller bonus towards healing when it comes to their main stats. However, some healers, like the Sage, have MUCH, MUCH better set bonuses when using the PVE gear.

Edit:

I run custom mods in my BM and Rakata gear. I've collected 25A and B mods from PVE and PVP, mostly power/crit and surge with some alacrity (I can't seem to avoid this since every fricking Sage piece is stacked with this worthless stat).

Edited by Balmuck

Exactly why most damage doesn't mean ****. Staying alive and completing objectives is what wins warzones, not raw damage output.

And? Are you saying that Full BM increases your win rate more than having more damage does via Rakata gear?

And? Are you saying that Full BM increases your win rate more than having more damage does via Rakata gear?

I'm saying doing the most damage in a match doesn't mean anything if you die and allow a bomb to be planted in voidstar or can't stay alive long enough to pass the ball in huttball.

I am saying that when you are dead you do 0 dps. If you are wearing rakata gear and are doing 1500 dps but your gear only allows you to live for 30 seconds, you end up doing less damage than the person who does 1300 dps but can live 35 seconds.

I am saying that staying alive matters a lot more than how much damage you can do in a short time frame.

Edited by mechintel

To the above comments; I gain roughly 300 more of my main stat and a buttload more crit power and surge in rakata. This is far better in terms of raw pvp damage than what the equivalent battlemaster set provides me even though I have less survivability and weak heals.

You can always change enhancements on the BM and rakata gear.

How much do you have in your main stats now? 1800? and 1500 with BM? that is 20% more is that the same as 20% more dmg?

BM do 12% more dmg and take 12% less dmg. If you are fighting a BM you would only do 8% of them extra 20% and the BM would still do his +12% dmg. Also if you add heals on that the BM will be much more powerfull.

Now im a sin with tank spec but if i remove 20% of my main stat my dmg go from 661-845 to 606-790, max 10% different.

To the above comments; I gain roughly 300 more of my main stat and a buttload more crit power and surge in rakata. This is far better in terms of raw pvp damage than what the equivalent battlemaster set provides me even though I have less survivability and weak heals.

Full of crap, there isn't any surge on rakata gear.

Also in most situations battlemaster will do less for your dps than champion gear.

Also Expertise trumps all in pvp. Sorry Rakata fans.

/thread.

Expertise is the most overated stats.

1) What is 10-15% dmg reduction when you have 15-20% more HP?

2) You need not to compare the normal rakatas, but crafted one. ( So you end up with 7x augment slot) thats 196 of your primary stats, + what Rakata already had over BM, for a grand total of about 500+ main stats win for Rakata.

3) The healing increase is for the one casting the heal. If the one healing u have the expertise bonus, his heal will heal you the same no matter if you have 0 or 15% expertise bonus.

4) The PVP medpack and adrenal gives a bigger bonus to Rakata. Medpack is a % based heal, Rakata gives more HP. The adrenal is a flat 15% dmc increase, and in rakata, your base dmg is higher, especially with 500 main stats over the Battlemasters.

5) Save the healers, pvpers should go in full crafted implants/earpiece/belt/bracer/relics with augment slots and rakatas.

Pvp gear is bad for you.

Expertise is the most overated stats.

1) What is 10-15% dmg reduction when you have 15-20% more HP?

2) You need not to compare the normal rakatas, but crafted one. ( So you end up with 7x augment slot) thats 196 of your primary stats, + what Rakata already had over BM, for a grand total of about 500+ main stats win for Rakata.

3) The healing increase is for the one casting the heal. If the one healing u have the expertise bonus, his heal will heal you the same no matter if you have 0 or 15% expertise bonus.

4) The PVP medpack and adrenal gives a bigger bonus to Rakata. Medpack is a % based heal, Rakata gives more HP. The adrenal is a flat 15% dmc increase, and in rakata, your base dmg is higher, especially with 500 main stats over the Battlemasters.

5) Save the healers, pvpers should go in full crafted implants/earpiece/belt/bracer/relics with augment slots and rakatas.

Pvp gear is bad for you.

Excellent troll post sir. Hopefully people bite and wear full rakata in pvp, cant wait to destroy those who are foolish enough especially healers.

Excellent troll post sir. Hopefully people bite and wear full rakata in pvp, cant wait to destroy those who are foolish enough especially healers.

I'm tempted to just agree and keep my mouth shut, but in the interest of improving competition:

The only real reason to wear rakata is if your 2 piece pve set bonus is a lot better than the BM 4 piece bonus. 700 expertise is a lot better than 500 expertise, and people talking about steep diminishing returns aren't quite as well informed as they believe.

Edited by Yare

Read my post again, I said healer should go for expertise. As of trolling, bring me math that pvp gear is better and I may agree. Until then, I wont.

Read my post again, I said healer should go for expertise. As of trolling, bring me math that pvp gear is better and I may agree. Until then, I wont.

First of all: what diminishing returns?

http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/02/expertise-breakfast-of-champions/

Second of all: if you're not convinced that PvP gear is better for PvP than equivalent PvE gear, nothing is going to convince you otherwise. Your mind is made up. Have fun out there, at least!

I took the champion gear enhancements and put them in my battlemaster gear. I dropped a lot in alacrity, lost 1 in endurance, but gained a lot of crit and surge. As a class that uses instant-casts almost exclusively, I find this is a great trade-off.

Also, you'll find that it is far better to use your matrix relic and a PvE relic combination once you have all PvP gear. Going from 600 expertise to 700 expertise doesn't gain nearly as much as you lose in stat bonuses in the relics.

I routinely out DPS everyone in WZs as a result of this makeup. I'm a Madness sorc, but I out DPS other sorcs by a wide margin. I suspect they haven't swapped out their Battlemaster enhancements like I have.

people say it reduces survivability, but not really, Rakata will give you over 2k HP (depending on class and suit) then the BM version. If Rakata is doing more damage then the BM WITH Expertise, than it will overcoming the defense easier and thus having more HP is more valuable then damage reduction.

So assuming you pull 15% damage reduction off full BM...

And I hit you with 1000 damage, you only take 150 less damage. Sooo you have a total of 15000 HP. So out of 15 hits you reduce about 2k worth of damage...So Rakata offers equal protection as an end result, but having more health makes you easier to heal then using damage reduction so more health wins all around.