• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game is growing.,..

wingers go elsewhere..

pew pew

Growing into the negative? ...

Tell me, where is this game growing? I suppose nothing here is growing except the imaginations of BioWare and their delusions about the "super-duper-great-experience" of SW:TOR. ;)

Servers are empty, there are 6-7 servers worldwide!!! that are "Full" - "Very Heavy" - that's less than 5% of the whole servers.

Edited by LovarBoy

It is FUBAR the aren't doing any merges anytime soon. Must have cost them hundreds of thousands of customers. At least half of the servers seem pretty much dead. Fresh MMO with servers so small actual communities won't form.

Most people wiling to pay money for playing an MMO want to do so with other people, in world that doesn't seem deserted.

Growing into the negative? ...

Tell me, where is this game growing? I suppose nothing here is growing except the imaginations of BioWare and their delusions about the "super-duper-great-experience" of SW:TOR. ;)

Servers are empty, there are 6-7 servers worldwide!!! that are "Full" - "Very Heavy" - that's less than 5% of the whole servers.

Funny you say that because when I check the WoW server status right now:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/status

247 total servers

29 High (11.74%)

190 Medium (76.92%)

28 Low (11.34%)

Oh my goodness, WoW has 6% better stat for high population! Clearly WoW is dying, and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

247 total servers

29 High (11.74%)

190 Medium (76.92%)

28 Low (11.34%)

Oh my goodness, WoW has 6% better stat for high population! Clearly WoW is dying, and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Just compare SW:TOR amount of players with the WoW amount of players.

And then compare the amount of servers.

Funny, isn't it?

I do not say SW:TOR is "dying". I say the population is not growing anymore, it's dropping.

Look at this: http://www.torstatus.net/

247 total servers

29 High (11.74%)

190 Medium (76.92%)

28 Low (11.34%)

Context my friend.

When WoW first launched, my guild had 40 raiders in MC with 10 back-ups, that is more then the entire raiding population on my server last night. I was in one guild of many 40 man guilds with tons of others leveling.

One of the heavy servers in TBC had over 27! Horde guilds alone raiding BT, yeah nice try though

Not gonna read 30+ pages so I apologize if this has already been said. Darn right SOME servers pop is growing. Only because those of us who didn't cancel after our original server died rerolled on others.

This is absolutely true. What u see are rerolling pll if ure in one of those rare heavy populated server.

Context my friend.

When WoW first launched, my guild had 40 raiders in MC with 10 back-ups, that is more then the entire raiding population on my server last night. I was in one guild of many 40 man guilds with tons of others leveling.

One of the heavy servers in TBC had over 27! Horde guilds alone raiding BT, yeah nice try though

People don't remember the days of games that had real growth not rabid fanboyism and delusions of population growth. However, like most things the truth always comes out. Just look at the MMOs from yesteryear.

People don't remember the days of games that had real growth not rabid fanboyism and delusions of population growth. However, like most things the truth always comes out. Just look at the MMOs from yesteryear.

Ahem: It took World of Warcraft almost nine months to reach it's first million subs. Also what is truly sad is the: "What no 12.5 million? FAIL!!!" attitude that we constantly get from resident Trolls.

A MMO today doesn't have time to develop and grow if it isn't perfect at launch or some basement dwellers illusion of what perfect is then they make it their personal quest to spend 12-16 hours a day trashing it on the forums for months on end.

It never occurs to them that despite all of their vitriol they are still supporting the game they profess to hate.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

People also don't remember the days of WoW that had worse bugs, worse server crashes, emergency maintenances that disrupted raiding, taking longer than 4 months to grow, etc. On the forums, people from Mannoroth flooded the General Discussion, demanding that the devs respond to this. Pretty much what you people are doing now concerning server crashes. It was so disruptive that a blue even had to designate a thread specifically for Mannoroth people to vent their frustration.

You compare one of the heaviest servers in TBC WoW, an expansion that had years of polish, with one of the lightest servers on SW:TOR that was only released 4 months ago. And you actually take this incredible comparison of that poster seriously.

With that kind of selective thinking, how do you expect people to take YOU seriously?

WoW was built on the foundation of a worse launch.

Edited by ConradLionhart

And I had a short queue on Tomb of Freedon Nadd this morning.

Subjective statements are well.... subjective.

If you are on Tomb of Freedom Nadd then that explains why you think the game is healthy. That server is the most populated server. New charaters is not necessarily new players, as more likely people rerolling characters on your server. Other servers go down, whilst your server goes up

If you are on Tomb of Freedom Nadd then that explains why you think the game is healthy. That server is the most populated server. New charaters is not necessarily new players, as more likely people rerolling characters on your server. Other servers go down, whilst your server goes up

I actually play on two other US server and a EU server ( I have friends in the UK) and it seems as those a very healthy as well. The problem is people look at the full light heavy or they look at the zone number in the upper left hand corner of the UI.

THOSE AREN'T ACCURATE.

Example: Last week on CO we had a guild meeting about sixty of us we all zoned into Anchorhead the Zone population said that there were nine people in Anchorhead. I asked my gulides to give there count and it was 9 12 15 all different numbers. The worst thing BioWare could have done was add that to the UI it isn't nowhere near accurate and people obsess over it.

I know there are some empty servers...but it isn't nearly as bad as the DoomCryers make it out to be.

The title of this thread is a Joke.

SWTOR will have to merge servers into about 10 decently populated servers soon.

/sigh

If they merge the duplicate primary and legacy names will cause a outcry of NGE proportions what they will do is offer transfers.

The title of this thread is a Joke.

SWTOR will have to merge servers into about 10 decently populated servers soon.

server went from 130+ on fleet to 80-90 the last week, roughly coinciding to when 3 month subs ran out.

it seems unlikely that near a third of the server decide to reroll all at once.

idk about only 10 servers, but transfers/mergers will be here soon, that is if this arrogant group can admit its needed.

Edited by blackhumbug

Go to Game Informer magazine website and listen to the MMO pod cast.

The guys at Game Informer have all stopped playing already.

I didn't re-sub after my first 30 days. I re-subbed about 2 weeks ago, just to see if the game played any better now that the initial rush is over.

With out making a big to do about it, I got my founder title and I have re cancelled. Might come check things out again in a few months or in the fall, might not.