Expansion=Good Time for Better Stories

Limedust

Not sure how things are going with writing, but but how things went was pretty ******. Each of the story-lines I have played is poorly done; the mirroring in class skills obviously carried over into the story line, and I can't get over how boringly trite, un-affecting, and simple the stories are. Dialogue is truly terrible . . . don't really know where quality-checks were on that.

I think expansions are great opportunities to try to turn the page and actually create some stories worth playing. What with each character's background done, there should be ample opportunity to develop narratives that achieve a finer pace, contain more interesting plot elements, and offer ls/ds choices that are actually worth consideration no matter which "side" you play. And let's hope for some dialogue that doesn't sound like it comes out of the worst fan-fiction Star Wars stories that one finds on discussion boards.

No one has ever forced anyone to pay for this game. If it is that bad, stop paying for it and move on.

Actually, I think EA has forced people to pay for this game, usually after they unsubscribe. Anyhow, I won't be moving on.

Your opening remarks seem to imply that you could write better scripts.

Also, storylines will not likely sway a player's decision to always pick LS/DS as it is used as a gameplay mechanic and they will believe that being consistent takes precedence.

Edited by xGBox

They had to write 8 separate stories. For each faction, those stories had to fit in the same order of planets and utilize the same areas on each of those planets. In addition, each of those stories had to fit in with the over-arching epic playing out throughout the galaxy.

All things considered, I think they did a pretty good job.