Lethality broken?

WhoDaresWins

I'm hearing a lot of doomsaying about Lethality being a broken spec. I've wanted to play an Agent since they were first announced many moons ago and Operative since the spec was announced but always as a Healer with a decent amount of mid-ranged DPS on the side as melee never interested me to any great degree, not that I mind running in and sticking a viroblade into the throat of a Jedi to finish him off when required.

So, am I going to be shoehorned into shanking people now or can I still effectively DPS without needing to be jumped by a bajillion Lightsabers.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

There is no effective ranged dps spec for operatives. Even if you go Lethality, you're going to need to be in melee range to do your best damage. You have no way to get TA from range unless you're healing specced and it is required for cull and stim boost, both of which are very important.

It's a shared tree between both AC. Bioware is going to spend the next few years trying to balance a shared talent tree between two ACs for every class in such a way that it can be a relevant main tree choice. That's just common sense if you think about it for more than two seconds.

That said, if you don't care about optimum blah blah, and just like the playstyle, there's nothing stopping you from going Lethality. You'll certainly be 'unique'. Especially if you try to play ranged as Lethality, since it still requires to move in and out of melee. :p

Edited by revial

Lethality kicks ***. Ignore the nubs who try to play it like conc and then wonder why they die.

But no, it's still not ranged,

It's a shared tree between both AC. Bioware is going to spend the next few years trying to balance a shared talent tree between two ACs for every class in such a way that it can be a relevant main tree choice. That's just common sense if you think about it for more than two seconds.

You're assuming the trees are identical, they aren't.

Lethality isn't shared anymore, execept in name. There are differences in the tree between the two ACs for exactly the reason you stated, the inability to balance it properly.

I think the jury is still out on Lethality. Its just not good for leveling as dots don't really help when you kill things with Concealment in the same amount of time it takes for your dots to tick twice with lethality. Also the lethality abilies all have strong synergy which is great when your 50 and not so good when your 20 and only have a third of the tree unlocked.

I really think Lethality just lends itself more to the end game and we really can't judge it until we are looking at dps on bosses in operations.