The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

powertech not so powerful

Longdart

No no, I meant that would be a simple solution. In the other thread, multiple ways to obtain this was presented, I thought this was the best one.

Oh ok I interpreted what you were saying wrong. I thought you were implying people were asking for a stat change too. We're copasetoc now.

Isn't it this thread again... "cough, not that I have any size issues with anything, cough, but the blaster pistol is too small for me to feel comfortable!"

For a hundredth time: the classes are designed to look differently, some of the weapon prficiency parallels are cross-class, such as gunslinger-mercenary, operative-vanguard, sniper-commando, etc. That si what keeps the class mirros from being an incredibly boring set of EXACT MIRROR IMAGES of each other. If you want the same set of skills but with a bigger weapon - you have that choice, it lies with the Republic faction. If you want an even bigger gun - still have that option with other ACs.

But thats the way BH are designed and its totally fine, people should seriously get over it. Look at the BH on the class profile page on the SWTOR main site, look at that bad*** looking like a terminator with his one gun. Not too mention some of them in the game are pretty huge anyways.

Another whine post from people that have know nothing of firearms outside Modern warfare and Call of Duty.

Doesn't this get old?

No it doesn't. Children love to pretend they know everything about firearms due to what they saw on their 360 1337 games. Pistol is going to blow your brains out just as easily as a high powered rifle. Not to mention in CQB situations I would prefer a pistol or compact scattergun over a bulky assault rifle.

personally I'm sorely missing the Light Lighting Cannon as alternative to using pistols, for both merc and powertech

That would be nice. Of course Eye Shot was awesome with a scatter pistol.

We only have Rapid Shots, Unload, and Heat Blast that even use the blaster so I wouldn't say its really that big a deal. What i think would be cool is to do more with the Generator/Shields. Every other class has DPS on their offhand except for us it seems so maybe they could add some type of aesthetic for our off-hands somewhere on our armor or make us glow a certain color with it or make them modable or something.

Sure they could maybe use Assault Cannons but then they would look like Troopers and it would ruin the RP aspect of the game.

FYI RP-wise my BH would use any and all weapons available to him.

An assault cannon would not damage RP or immersion.

However, as others have said it means a bigger loot table making it less likely to get what you want. And given that it's a purely aesthetic change, I'm not so worried.