There wont be an FPS fix

Satanski

Someone needs to learn what the definition of "minority" is.

Minority (n):The smaller in number of two groups forming a whole. Alt: Any group the speaker does not belong to.

Majority (n): Any subset group of a recognisable larger group the speaker belongs to. Alt: The larger in number of two groups forming a whole.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minority (n):The smaller in number of two groups forming a whole. Alt: Any group the speaker does not belong to.

Majority (n): Any subset group of a recognisable larger group the speaker belongs to. Alt: The larger in number of two groups forming a whole.

Haha, thats so true

Wait, whats wrong with the engine?!

Go to Ilum when there are more than 10 characters on the screen at once. I have an I7 950 with GEForce GTX560 2g and I have a 25 down Fios connection. It gets stupid choppy (12 fps at times with approx. 18 characters and their effects rendered). If this isn't the engine what is it? A solar flare? Or maybe I'm having a seizure during PvP and just don't realize it.

Edited by mattgyver

Sure, if you want graphics like WOW.. go ahead. I prefer the awesomeness that is SWTOR graphics any day of the week. Though i would appreciate them turning on the high res outside the cutscenes.

Won't happen anytime soon. They had an official statement about it a month ago telling us to not expect High rez graphics in 2012.

Maybe 3 or 4 years from now when they release an expansion with a new or majorly upgraded graphics engine, the FPS issues will be fixed. Or just the fact that we'll all have upgraded to much better computers by then might fix it.

I have a good computer but that does not solve the major issues with the game engine. The extra latency or cooldown is something very annoying to say the least.

Hehe, the game will be here but i wonder if they will have enough revenue to create additional voice-overed content, which apparently is pretty expensive.

Some people are defending the game saying that only some minority dont like this or have problem with that. What they dont get is the fact that if all those miorities wont be satisfied, there will be not many left to play with.

A minority is a minority, there is no "all those", it is a small group of people that want this game to be more than what it is now, or different than what it is now in some way. This game will continue to do well whether they like it or not, that is the sad truth, because quite frankly this game doesn't deserve to do well if they aren't putting in the necessary upgrades and adjustments.

Edited by PeacefulViolence

A minority is a minority, there is no "all those", it is a small group of people that want this game to be more than what it is now, or different than what it is now in some way. This game will continue to do well whether they like it or not, that is the sad truth, because quite frankly this game doesn't deserve to do well if they aren't putting in the necessary upgrades and adjustments.

If 3 people out of 10 have fps problems, 2 arent satisified with end game and 3 cry that pvp is unbalanced, you are ending with 8/10 unsatisfied customers. And thats not minority any more.

Theres no ETA on fps fix in latest Q&A again. Not a word even.

Hop on Amazon. Find the number of processors they sell, vid cards they sell, harddrives they sell. Assuming one of each, all meeting minimum specifications (so discounting SLI, and multiple harddrives and/or SSDs) you come out with 104,068,673,940 possible combinations just from what is available on Amazon. That's not even accounting for motherboards, memory, PSUs, CD/DVD/BR read/write, mice, keyboards, monitors, printers, sound cards, joysticks, memory stick readers, modems, hyper drives, etc. THat's just Processors, vid cards, and harddrives.

The number of combinations are astronomical.

There is, however, one trend I have been seeing, and it may very well just be perception because the people with better systems expect more out of their system (and rightly so). But it -seems- like a large, large portion of the Ilum/Fleet FPS issues are coming from nVidia owners, and specifically from 570/580 owners.

I would be really interested to see if this is just perception (any 460 owners having issues? As a first gen 460 owner, I'm not) or if it is in fact a trend? Also, I would be very curious if any AMD/ATI owners are having these issues as well. I'm sure Bioware would love to find this out as well.

For the people arguing "it's your system" v. "its their engine" understand this - it is BOTH, and it isn't necessarily anyone's fault. There has NEVER been an MMO that hasn't had these issues. The best you can do - and its silly to think that Bioware doesn't want this - is to give as much information as you can to the people who can fix it.

It could be some funky combination of i7 with with a 580 used while wearing a pink shirt and dancing to the Beatles, or it could be a single typo in a line of code. They won't know unless you bombard them with more information than they know what to do with.

If 3 people out of 10 have fps problems, 2 arent satisified with end game and 3 cry that pvp is unbalanced, you are ending with 8/10 unsatisfied customers. And thats not minority any more.

Theres no ETA on fps fix in latest Q&A again. Not a word even.

They refuse to even acknowledge it as a problem, they say that it's our PC's, they are incredibly ignorant.

• 1 month later...
I doubt they will achieve their targets. must be frustrating for them after all this work. a large number of people quit due to the fps issue and that caused the numbers to drop making it frustrating for the people who had a solid framerate to find teams. too bad. the fact they they pretend its our systems tells me they will never have a fix. RIP SWTOR.

I doubt they will achieve their targets. must be frustrating for them after all this work. a large number of people quit due to the fps issue and that caused the numbers to drop making it frustrating for the people who had a solid framerate to find teams. too bad. the fact they they pretend its our systems tells me they will never have a fix. RIP SWTOR.

Alot blamed the game engine for there fps issues when it was infact people not sorting out there drivers in alot of cases.

Seeing how they try to move players from non playable Ilum to warzones with 1.1.5 patch i am more and more sure the engine wont be fixed anytime soon, if ever. Despite the fact that generally i like the game, this is unacceptable.

I got my fps fixed.

have you even tried since the patch?

but it is.

you can blame drivers or everyones computers but the fact is this game is advertised to run on low enough specs. these people have become annoyed and just quit

This will effect people you and all the others who can run the game because you will all be playing with hardly anyone around.

After the 1st month I got with the game I bought a 3 month package (I hadnt reached 50 yet so i didnt know about Ilum or WZ lag) . This 3 month period was due to end in 4 days from now but look suprise suprise I have a free month, probably because thousands of other people did the same thing as me. when this month is over expect the numbers on the fleet to have a massive drop.

Hopefully they do a server merge so this doesnt effect you guys so much

you can blame drivers or everyones computers but the fact is this game is advertised to run on low enough specs. these people have become annoyed and just quit

This will effect people you and all the others who can run the game because you will all be playing with hardly anyone around.

After the 1st month I got with the game I bought a 3 month package (I hadnt reached 50 yet so i didnt know about Ilum or WZ lag) . This 3 month period was due to end in 4 days from now but look suprise suprise I have a free month, probably because thousands of other people did the same thing as me. when this month is over expect the numbers on the fleet to have a massive drop.

Hopefully they do a server merge so this doesnt effect you guys so much

I can go buy a pc from comet right now and it will say on the box exactly what it can do, but if i use the wrong drivers it wont get close.

I can go buy a pc from comet right now and it will say on the box exactly what it can do, but if i use the wrong drivers it wont get close.

well people are doing everything they can, updating all the drivers and its not making a difference. Their is an FPS issue, thats just a fact

I'd be surprised if people still wanted to play 4 months from now tbh, given the current state of the game. New engine and some endgame content please :D

so why are you still posting on a games forums that you clearly dont like?

I got my fps fixed.

have you even tried since the patch?

System is up to date, drivers too, game is installed on SDD. I even installed ramdrive for game cache file becouse despite the fact i have plenty of free ram it constantly accesess drive and probably would kill it in two years. Still the same. Lowering game settings doesnt change performance. Game isnt utilising all my CPU power and barely utilises GPU.

So what do you exactly suggest i should try? And for christs sake, why i even have to try to do something, when i dont have ANY performance issues with ANY other game?

Maybe BW should of spent some of that VO money (that quite a few ppl claim to spacebar thru) on developing a new engine fom the git go.

Just a thought. Me personally, I rather have a game that runs smoothly than lag city and VO. Ever since the 1.2 update fiasco, I have been having lag issues, and I have a pretty good rig. Am connected at 1 GB per sec. Yes I do pay for the biggest bandwith and fastest speed I can get. I do not like lag.

I have 2 geforce cards with 1 gig each SLI'ed so it's not my video. 16 gigs ram, i7 chip 2.8 ghz. You get the picture

So It's not on my end. Got to be BW's end.

System is up to date, drivers too, game is installed on SDD. I even installed ramdrive for game cache file becouse despite the fact i have plenty of free ram it constantly accesess drive and probably would kill it in two years. Still the same. Lowering game settings doesnt change performance. Game isnt utilising all my CPU power and barely utilises GPU.

So what do you exactly suggest i should try? And for christs sake, why i even have to try to do something, when i dont have ANY performance issues with ANY other game?

Are you using a nividia graphics card?

Maybe BW should of spent some of that VO money (that quite a few ppl claim to spacebar thru) on developing a new engine fom the git go.

Just a thought. Me personally, I rather have a game that runs smoothly than lag city and VO. Ever since the 1.2 update fiasco, I have been having lag issues, and I have a pretty good rig. Am connected at 1 GB per sec. Yes I do pay for the biggest bandwith and fastest speed I can get. I do not like lag.

I have 2 geforce cards with 1 gig each SLI'ed so it's not my video. 16 gigs ram, i7 chip 2.8 ghz. You get the picture

So It's not on my end. Got to be BW's end.

Your configuration isn't compatible with the engine. Computers on the low and high end tend not to be.

And god help laptop users. almost none of their graphic cards are compatible.

Edited by metalgearyoda

yes /some chars

Only a few of the nividia cards are compatible.

However there is hope.

Some cards have older drivers that make it compatible.

Having an up to date driver... oddly enough, might be the source of your FPS issue.

However, sometimes you are just skrewed and would thus need a different card.