Hoods

Ekajjj

Since they announced players will be able to better customize their appearance via orange pieces, I have been on the prowl for some robes with hoods. I have yet to find one, even as a 400 synthweaver. Are there any out there that are fairly easy to obtain, or will they be implementing more?

*edit* Nevermind, silly me was simply previewing it with my a helm equipped. Even with show helm off, the helm still appears for previews.

Edited by Ekajjj

Check the GTN, I have gotten a few that have hoods. I also hope they add in some different style helmets; I refuse to wear a pope hat!! I would really love a rebreather so I can cover up the horrid corruption affect on the sides of my mouth. ( it looks like I drooled ink lol)

Can't you hide sith corruption in preferences? ;)

I love how the sith corruption looks, just not happy with how it looks around the mouth. Also, the textures are really blurry and smudged so that may also be a contributing factor. ( I have my graphics set to high + high resolution, so it's not on my end - before you ask :) )

Edited by PiffyEQ

Be glad you've not rolled a Twilekk. I f**king hate how either lekku are removed, helm mesh goes under the skin and how we cannot wear hoods :mad:

Oh my gosh man. I cannot stress how IRRITATING this is. If I would've known how much visual effects we would've gotten screwed out of, I would've rolled human.

But what I have now is the Supreme Inquisitor's Robe. It's one of the only actual hood up robes we can get as an inquisitor. It's a black version of what most low level jedi wear. Screenshot posted below, I promise 100% the the link is not spam and will not contain profane images.

http://tinypic.com/r/24bw37t/5

It's a random drop, I found mine on the GTM, but I've heard that it can drop out of Hoth-level drop boxes.

that chest piece!

Yeah, I had farmed it for a month, then one day before my psychology class I decided to check the GTM, and sure enough someone didn't know exactly what they were selling... Got my hands on it for 5,000 credits... Although it costed about 85k to take all my mods and switch them. :t_frown:

But what I have now is the Supreme Inquisitor's Robe. It's one of the only actual hood up robes we can get as an inquisitor.

It is far from one of the only robes with hood up. There are actually a lot of robes that have the hood up. Supreme Inq set is one of the only sets though (might actually be the only, not counting social gear) that has pants instead of skirt for the bottom.

While I did also roll a Twi'lek so I'm currently (I believe they'll fix this later on and have lekku come out the front or get covered like when wearing a helm) out of luck with hoods as well. I am glad I rolled a female one though so I can rock the Imperial Dancer set.

Another great looking robe set is the Saber Marshal set, black everything with red accents. The Traditional Nylite set that can be crafted by Synthweavers (orange head, chest, and lower robes) has similar look.

I've been farming Supreme Inquisitor set for the past week on Hoth; so far I have pants, gloves and helm, need that chest piece! ;)

Give me some of your luck please! The 2 that everyone seems to farm for the robe have only ever dropped orange gear once, a warrior only helmet, they usually give me green and rarely blue stuff. bleh. On the other champion nearby i have gotten a crap load of oranges, but nothing special.

I have the worst luck!

I've been farming Supreme Inquisitor set for the past week on Hoth; so far I have pants, gloves and helm, need that chest piece! ;)

I'd love to see a screen shot of those pieces. I picked up the robe the other day off the GTN. Set me back a whopping 100k but it was well worth it :D

I wish you could wear helm and have a showing hood. Kalig's mask and Supreme Inquisitor's Robes, anyone?

I understand there might be a clipping issue, but honestly I think since certain helms like Kalig's mask are no bigger than the human head, they should be covered by the hood with no issue.

Alas, my character must suffer the fact of not being able to rock the Nihilus look. *sigh*

Edited by Sartanis

I wish you could wear helm and have a showing hood. Kalig's mask and Supreme Inquisitor's Robes, anyone?

I understand there might be a clipping issue, but honestly I think since certain helms like Kalig's mask are no bigger than the human head, they should be covered by the hood with no issue.

Alas, my character must suffer the fact of not being able to rock the Nihilus look. *sigh*

I think it's in the works. Problem I think is if they do allow it and some helms clip, they'd have just as many people complaining about the clipping as there are now people complaining about lack of hooded-helms looks.

I think it's in the works. Problem I think is if they do allow it and some helms clip, they'd have just as many people complaining about the clipping as there are now people complaining about lack of hooded-helms looks.

The thing is, there is already clipping issues with the armor anyways, so I'm not sure why that would be the excuse with the helm :confused:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.