The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Heads Up PvP'ers (1.1.5 Patch notes)

Kavell

Check the new patch notes for the PTS.

PvP

Warzones

General

Players affected by a Damage Over Time ability are no longer interrupted when
           interacting with objectives.

Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor
           and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match.

My thoughts.

A. We're losing our medal printing machine ability. The upside is that hutball matches will not be farmed for every medal for 15 mins every game.

B. No more 1 man defense lines on objectives, IM just lost a lot of potency for defense.

As a pyro, your best defense is quickly killing the attacker.

If you relied on dots for defense, you are defending wrong.

Course you'll say "But I dotted those 4 people up that killed me to save the turret!". Yet you see nothing wrong with that? Everything is wrong with that. Those 4 people that attacked the turret your team so idiotically left single defended deserve to take it from you.

Edited by exphryl

That's complete BS. If DoTs don't prevent interacting with the objectives now, then AoEs like Force Storm, Force Quake, Death from Above, etc need to not prevent interactions with the objectives, either.

All of those things require players to be present and actively channeling abilities, whereas dots don't even require the caster to be alive or in the vicinity to continue hampering their enemies.

I loved dot defending, and used it religiously, but I can understand the change.

Most other games already do this anyway, it was only a matter of time.

Course you'll say "But I dotted those 4 people up that killed me to save the turret!". Yet you see nothing wrong with that? Everything is wrong with that. Those 4 people that attacked the turret your team so idiotically left single defended deserve to take it from you.

Amen!

i agree, as long as real attacks stop a cap then we will just have to up our game

Not just us but also DF Smugglers/Lethality IAs and Balance Sages/Madness Sorcs.

This is a GOOD change for the game. We can focus on winning instead of medal farming.

On this very Powertech forum can be found the shared sentiment "I'd rather obtain 4 medals and win than 11 medals and lose." This new patch gives us the best of both worlds.

Edited by Mapex

Not just us but also DF Smugglers/Lethality IAs and Balance Sages/Madness Sorcs.

This is a GOOD change for the game. We can focus on winning instead of medal farming.

On this very Powertech forum can be found the shared sentiment "I'd rather obtain 4 medals and win than 11 medals and lose." This new patch gives us the best of both worlds.

I'll be honest, I am going to kill so many more people now that I won't be overheated every time I'm defending against multiple attackers.

No more dropping IM on 5 guys bum rushing my node; can go back to picking the juicy priority targets and I guess just keep an eye on the node for Rapid Shots/Missile Blast.

I'll be honest, I am going to kill so many more people now that I won't be overheated every time I'm defending against multiple attackers.

No more dropping IM on 5 guys bum rushing my node; can go back to picking the juicy priority targets and I guess just keep an eye on the node for Rapid Shots/Missile Blast.

Agreed. Rather kill one guy than simply troll 5.

I am still going to IM (or RB when AP is made better) every single person I see before dying, not to prevent caps but just to do extra damage and interrupt out-of-combat self-heals.

Edited by Mapex

how is that wrong? Its 18 sec dot, long enough for me to take speeder and return

how is that wrong? Its 18 sec dot, long enough for me to take speeder and return

You weren't doing it wrong at all.

If you were not using your 18s dots to prevent caps in addition to all of your other skills on defense, then you were doing it wrong.

It was allowed, and countered by most classes (2/3 healing ACs) that have a dispel.

If I'm with my premade things like that don't happen. Pugs on the other hand will leave you by your lonesome 3 out of 4 times.

I do Oh so love it when they come in 1's and 2's easy kills. The panic sets in when you see an organized 4 or 5 coming your way, knowing that they most likely know how to use cleanse.

Honestly it won't change my playstyle much, other than I should be getting doors and turrets faster in the WZs.

Edited by Kavell

If I'm with my premade things like that don't happen. Pugs on the other hand will leave you by your lonesome 3 out of 4 times.

I do Oh so love it when they come in 1's and 2's easy kills. The panic sets in when you see an organized 4 or 5 coming your way, knowing that they most likely know how to use cleanse.

Honestly it won't change my playstyle much, other than I should be getting doors and turrets faster in the WZs.

I think you just described every single Civil War I've ever played.

Yes, I end up solo defending that much. :c

No, it's not a good idea.

I'm kinda on the fence with this one, I can see both arguments and agree both sides have valid arguments to be made. I guess I'll have to play with it some to see where I end up on the topic.

Seriously guys defense is absurdly easy with the dots. A single player should not be able to prevent 4 guys from capping just because he got his dot off before they killed him, that was never intended. This was just an oversight that's been exploited and is being fixed.

"exploited are big words" I do think it will make stun/ grabs easier as my response is always to get dot before I got stunned 24/7, which probably takes away the response you had.

It is an iprovment as voidstar never got beyond the 1st doors in good 50 games... dot till you respawn, but a side-effect might be that push/ stun on a defender and having no proper reply against snipes will become a bit too powerful to be fair and balanced.

I would like to see you and 3 of your buddies try to pick a lock while set on fire, let alone hack a computerized door. I don't think stop drop and roll really is applicable to completing objectives. Honestly, not being able to interact with an objective after you cure/cleanse yourself would probably be a nice addition to this screwed up thinking that being dotted should let you complete objective.

I would like to see you and 3 of your buddies try to pick a lock while set on fire, let alone hack a computerized door. I don't think stop drop and roll really is applicable to completing objectives. Honestly, not being able to interact with an objective after you cure/cleanse yourself would probably be a nice addition to this screwed up thinking that being dotted should let you complete objective.

Well if.you want to take a more realistic/practical view like that... That's what armor/the force is for.

Please that's the most pathetic argument for a game mechanic.