Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

EA needs to stay away from MMOs.

Mrcheezle

This is the 2nd highly anticipated MMO that they have failed miserably with. WaR being the other. Stick to Madden guys (which also isn't what it used to be). Bioware and Mythic were excellent companies that put out kickass games, prior to EA aquiring them.

/unsubbed

/alpha testing GW2

/May the Force be with you ....

Ahh Guild Wars 2. Like building a computer, crap in, crap out. It will be a miserable failure.

No MMO without constant monthly subscriber income will ever be worth a damn.

You're just pissed off because you think other subs are getting the easy way out for something you've already achieved. Or you're pissed off about the state of Open world PVP. Give companies time to experiment and things will change. For crying out loud, the games only been out 3 months.

Edited by OrionDammit

Ahh Guild Wars 2. Like building a computer, crap in, crap out. It will be a miserable failure.

You're just pissed off because you think other subs are getting the easy way out for something you've already achieved. Or you're pissed off about the state of Open world PVP. Give companies time to experiment and things will change. For crying out loud, the games only been out 3 months.

yeah, 3 months and they are already handing out welfare epics in 1.1.5

/unsub

I don't know why people find it so difficult to understand how taking over vs. acquiring a company goes. Bioware is a game studio and the previous owner of both Bioware and some other studios has been bought by EA. So what do you think happens then? Do you really think that suddenly Bioware is no longer Bioware and magically changed to EA? Do you think that Bioware no longer has Bioware employees working and only EA? It's not EA who produced this game, it's Bioware. Stop calling this game something that has been created by EA, because this is such a false statement and you're making yourself look bad by saying such a thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Arts#Company_structure

Bioware would've produced the exact same game even when EA wouldn't have acquired them. It's unrealistic to think otherwise.

Edited by Drungus

Hmm I can think of 3 awesome ones right now. F2P is the future, I bet you'd be telling people "horseless carriages" would never catch on 200 years ago.

I don't know why people find it so difficult to understand how taking over vs. acquiring a company goes. Bioware is a game studio and the previous owner of both Bioware and some other studios has been bought by EA. So what do you think happens then? Do you really think that suddenly Bioware is no longer Bioware and magically changed to EA? Do you think that Bioware no longer has Bioware employees working and only EA? It's not EA who produced this game, it's Bioware. Stop calling this game something that has been created by EA, because this is such a false statement and you're making yourself look bad by saying such a thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Arts#Company_structure

Bioware would've produced the exact same game even when EA wouldn't have acquired them. It's unrealistic to think otherwise.

So BW doesn't need EA's and LA's approval to implement stuff in game?

I come from SWG and trust me when i say that LA didn't exactly give "free hands" to SOE's Devs to implement stuff in game as they wanted.

In BW's case they also have EA as middle management...i can imagine there's quite a procedure to get a decision done, and that many of the Devs ideas and wants are shot down by the powers that be..

Edited by Twin

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.