The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What should i use as a PT pyro spec

XanderThrills

I have been contemplating this for a while, i was a mercenary on a different server but after discovering my guild who i had previously been apart of for years i moved to my current one to rejoin them.

Having rolled a Powertech i plan to go pyrotech build much like my merc, the question i have is, basically i'm off-tanking to the max, is it better to have a shield generator or a power Generator, is the extra tech power worth it, or is shield and absorbation way better?

Unless you're using ion gas cylinder you should lay off the shield.

And as a pyro you shouldn't be using it unless you're really desperate for survivability. Typically if you're tanking a flashpoint.

What you need to realize is that shields are really limited. They only work against weapon damage. Base shield chance is low, and to raise it without IGC and shieldtec skills you need to sacrifice a whole lot of damage.

Also, for pyro CGC is a lot of damage and heat control.

Thanks i just wanted to know, if it merited some worth using, i kinda figured i'd be better off using the power generator but wanted some outside advice.

Since i played a pyro merc, i really don't find it hard to control my heat, it actually seems easier as a PT, as super heated rail procs more because of railshot, so am always venting heat as long as i hit burning targets with it.

Also, unless you are using ion gas cylinder, it is not even possible for you to shield anything. So a shield generator is 100% useless in any other cylinder.

I haven't tried, but shields claim that they have a 5% shield chance. Ion stance boosts this by 15 percentage points.

So, you *can* shield with just a shield, but it's a whopping 1% damage mitigation weapon damage only.