Guild names and "Alts" characters

AdamLKvist

Hello,

As a guildleader I would like to present something that I've kept on my mind for quite some time now. I, or rather we, don't suffer from the issue of being "overpopulated" in the guild reaching anywhere close to the 500 mark - in fact we're a small guild of dedicated players that prefers to PvP.

As such a group we keep creating characters because frankly we love the game and we want to increase the usefulness to the team by being able to contribute with any and all roles - not to mention the fun and variation provided to us. What this eventually leads to, however, is the fact that all of our alts are invited into the guild under different names and they will by default be given new "member status" on said alts - while solving the member status is not a big thing and I wouldn't dream of calling it gamebreaking its still something that could easily be avoided.

What I'd like to propose is changing the actual guild rooster/list so that instead of showing actual character names involved in the guild - show the account/first invited (matter of preference) character and then add a "Toggle" (+/-) bar that scrolls down a list of all characters of said person/account that are members of the guild (obs: The characters on said person's account that are not members in said guild will not show up in the toggle bar)

This is merely a "quality of life" addition, I guess, but it would be much appriciated should this feature ever be implemented.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Adam

They could tie it to Legacy Name. Once a player reaches legacy, all their characters 'collapse' into one entry (The Legacy Name) in the Guild Roster. People without legacy yet, just show up normally.

This is true and would most likely not need the same extensive work that a rework of guild/friend list would mean since the game already knows exactly what characters are tied to which legacy.

Good add!

They could tie it to Legacy Name. Once a player reaches legacy, all their characters 'collapse' into one entry (The Legacy Name) in the Guild Roster. People without legacy yet, just show up normally.

Great idea! I second Frigidman's motion!

Here is my idea on this they may be able to implement sooner:

So instead of a collapsable list for each member in the guild if their ALT is logged in, have all their characters show as online, but in Location by their name put the ALT name they are on with (providing the ALT is in the guild). This way if your looking for SARG but he is playing his alt General you would see both SARG and General as Online in the guild list but by SARGs name location would say "See General"

Now this idea isnt meant to says yours isnt better, in fact I fully support yours more, I was just trying to think of something they could do that may require less coding time to get us by for now.

PS

Alts not in the guild they would just show as Offline, sometimes we all need a break from the guild (dont lie).

How would you handle "switching" your main? Some people do that over time.

Use the Notes tab with convention:

Alt of <main>

... then Sort by Note Column to see all the alts of someone.

I vote no unless you can come up with an easy mechanic to alow restructuring a guild with the +/- tab option from one character to another.

Also, what overall effect do you see it having on X number of members on Guild Caps, potential "guild rewards" etc. Large guilds would bennefit from having only "mains" for the former and depending on how large be penalized in the latter. Small to medium guilds wouldn't be effected by the former but would definately be penalized for the latter.

Ideas?

:)

Edited by Urael