second account

FOAMYTHEGREAT

Keep in mind that you can only have one instance of the game running at a time, so unlike WoW, where players have multiple accounts and play them simultaneously, you cannot do that with SWTOR as far as I know. So in essence, why would you need a second account?

can you make a second account without having to buy another copy of the game?

You wouldn't have to buy a new hard copy if that's the way you went. You'd just need to buy an online "download" version, but then you wouldn't need to download the software, just change the login you use at the launcher.

You can only have up to 40 on 5 servers if you don't delete any.

Source for that fact please...

I am way above 5 servers with all my toons, but nowhere near 40 yet (i think).

EDIT: Oh, I found a source... but the 5 server limit aint there, so maybe the 40 character limit aint there either.

Edited by Agal

EDIT: Oh, I found a source... but the 5 server limit aint there, so maybe the 40 character limit aint there either.

If you notice your character creation box there is only room for 8 characters so by using that you can only make 8 characers per server and from the information everyone has stated 5 servers is the limit.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Well, 40s a fact -- as you found. If you max out a server, then you can only do 8 on 5 different ones... s'all i'm sayin'.

Keep in mind that you can only have one instance of the game running at a time, so unlike WoW, where players have multiple accounts and play them simultaneously, you cannot do that with SWTOR as far as I know. So in essence, why would you need a second account?

Actually it is possible to run several instances of the game on one computer using virtual technology

http://isboxer.com/index.php/component/content/article/3-general/105-swtor-guide-one-pc