Suggestion(s) for Alacrity Change

Xerical

Everyone knows alacrity is the worse stat that we can get and yet it keeps showing up on gear. I understand the concept that Bioware doesn't want us casting TOO fast by stacking alacrity but we right now the trade-off does not scale well against any other stat.

Either

a. Increase its effectiveness per point

b. Change it completely to something like "Chance that your ability will land twice in one cast".

Edited by Xerical

Everyone knows alacrity is the worse stat that we can get and yet it keeps showing up on gear. I understand the concept that Bioware doesn't want us casting TOO fast by stacking alacrity but we right now the trade-off does not scale well against any other stat.

Either

a. Increase its effectiveness per point

b. Change it completely to something like "Chance that your ability will land twice in one cast".

I think b could cause balance issues but a would definitely work.

Try shaving .4 seconds off a 1.5 second cast. And no you don't run out of force as heal spec unless your retarded.

That would take 26.7% Alacrity, good luck with that.

Mathematically, Alacrity is basically always worse than Power or Crit, and is roughly equivalent to Surge at ~180 Alacrity and ~330 Surge, to give you an idea of one of the breakpoints. I generally recommended 250-350 Crit and Surge, 100-200 Alacrity, and the rest in Power.

That would take 26.7% Alacrity, good luck with that.

Mathematically, Alacrity is basically always worse than Power or Crit, and is roughly equivalent to Surge at ~180 Alacrity and ~330 Surge, to give you an idea of one of the breakpoints. I generally recommended 250-350 Crit and Surge, 100-200 Alacrity, and the rest in Power.

I have 14.5% alacrity, and it scales funky with the already 50% alacrity given by the talent buff, which takes the cast from 2.5 down to 1.1.

Crit>Power>Alacrity>Surge. Since surge is pretty useless at high amounts now, crit and power is the stackable stat. Since I'm healing, I gimped crit a little because I got 5% from talents, and another 5% from operative buff taking me up to 44%. So at the current time I have it at 37%, alacrity at 14.5%, surge right at 70%, and the rest is power, about 300 points in it. 1979 willpower. I used to be able to get 99.1% surge with adrenal, yet after the nerf, it would only go to 79%. My heals already overheal people, with crits around 6.9k, haven't hit the 7k yet. So in general, I stacked more alacrity on to be able to heal different targets faster.

I have 14.5% alacrity, and it scales funky with the already 50% alacrity given by the talent buff, which takes the cast from 2.5 down to 1.1.

Think you're misreading or misinterpreting something somewhere, to be honest. I've seen no reports of Force Bending operating against expectations as to its interactions with Alacrity.

Crit>Power>Alacrity>Surge. Since surge is pretty useless at high amounts now, crit and power is the stackable stat. Since I'm healing, I gimped crit a little because I got 5% from talents, and another 5% from operative buff taking me up to 44%. So at the current time I have it at 37%, alacrity at 14.5%, surge right at 70%, and the rest is power, about 300 points in it. 1979 willpower. I used to be able to get 99.1% surge with adrenal, yet after the nerf, it would only go to 79%. My heals already overheal people, with crits around 6.9k, haven't hit the 7k yet. So in general, I stacked more alacrity on to be able to heal different targets faster.

Ahhhhh, we're talking about healing. Ok, I was referencing DPS. Healing is a bit different, and they can get away with (and value) a bit more Alacrity than dps. DPS is all about maximizing total output per time period, regardless of whether it's 1000 pecks of 10 damage over 10 seconds or a single massive nuke of 10000 damage every 10 seconds.

Healers, on the other hand, rather care about the nature of their healing, as well as the magnitude. Alacrity assists with rapid response, which is a plus for many healers. Whether it's a priority stat is somewhat up to playstyle, as you are reducing your healing output a bit by focusing on it (particularly to the point of getting nearly 15%!), but if your healing style benefits more from quicker casts than it does from larger heals, by all means.

On a side note, the surge nerf actually tended to affect the value of crit rating more than it did the value of surge rating. I would recommend swapping power and crit in your priority list. Power, though you only gain about 74% the benefit to healing bonus as you do damage bonus, is still an immensely powerful stat. Part of this is the lack of diminishing returns on it, singular among the stats. Part of it is the obscenely high scaling coefficients of our healing spells, which offsets (and then some) the reduced base conversion rate of Power to healing bonus. Power is nearly static at 90% the value of Willpower, for both dps and healers, and crit rarely exceeds 75%.

Edited by Daellia

Why not just make Alacrity increase energy regen by a percentage? Then it's viable to all classes, since more energy is always good.

This, actually, is the only real way to make it useful for most classes. The reason Alacrity is so terrible for so many classes is A) many classes lack cast-time effects, B) the low base rate of return on the stat, and most importantly C) most classes are resource limited, not cast-time/GCD limited. Until such time as Alacrity affects resource regen rate, C will always be a major limiting factor on the usefulness of the stat. The fact that it doesn't affect DoTs/HoTs doesn't help either.

Edited by Daellia