Marauder Help Talent Tree

Dagik

I raided/PVP'd as Rage for a while, then switched to Annihilation. I can honestly say that even though you hear from some people that the 2 specs are pretty comparable, Rage can't hold a candle to Anni in either single-target PVP or in PVE.

A good way to test the PVE difference, since there isn't a way to truly see your damage, is on the Council fight in EV. I went from being one of the last ones to finish killing my mob (as Rage) to the first one finished as Anni. Your PVP numbers MAY seem lower when you see the leaderboard, but that is mainly due to the AE nature of Rage. Hitting 4 people at once for 4-6k could inflate your numbers a bit over an entire match. Overall, I'd say that Rage was certainly fun, but I doubt I'd ever go back for any reason other than to make a YouTube video with a bunch of big crits.

EDIT: I also want to say that I was very hesitant to switch specs at first. I cleared 10/10 hardmode and leveled from 10 - 50 and valor rank 1-59 all as Rage, so changing it after all that time wasn't easy (and it obviously wan't "necessary" for us to succeed in raids or for me to be a successful PVPer). But I made the decision to switch and am really happy that I did. Plus, aesthetically, there's quite a bit more going on with your character's animations as Annihilation. The character just looks 'cooler' doing some of the Anni moves in comparison to the boring Rage moves. Silly reasoning, but hey, it's a video game we're talking about.

Edited by PenoNation