when does patch 1.2 come out??

GlitterOutlaw

They've already confirmed very early April......

I'm guessing april fools since they said they wanted to add in game events starting with 1.2, and since april fools is the only even near the release window, we can only assume.

So 4/1/2012

I doubt it. There's just too much in this patch that can cause it's launch date to be pushed back. I'd be surprised if we didn't see it until the end of April.

Just before Tera goes live on the 1st May.

Edited by Tarka

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the new operation is coming with 1.2 but the rest of the stuff sure sounds exciting.

To me, 1.2 is a step in the right direction, but only a small one in comparison to what this game needs. And to be honest, I'm beginning to wonder if the actual gameplay content in 1.2 is going to become the "norm" for future content. Just more FP's, warzones and Ops, with heavy additions / modifications to the Legacy system, and of course the obligatory class balancing.

The put in things in 3 months that took other game years and years to implement

and forum people QQ

SOME other games. Not all.

On the other hand, some games had things like (but not limited to):

• Richer crafting systems that created better "supply and demand" scenarios.
  • Greater environmental interaction.
  • Ability to swim in water.
  • Better reasons to explore.
  • Dynamic weather effects.
  • Better dynamic npc mob interaction (npcs attacking one another).
  • Non-realtime day/night cycles.

And a host of other things at launch.

In short: WoW isn't the only benchmark.

Edited by Tarka

I doubt it. There's just too much in this patch that can cause it's launch date to be pushed back. I'd be surprised if we didn't see it until the end of April.

Just before Tera goes live on the 1st May.

They've had the content in the game since beta! Everything was already datamined in the Beta by Betacake!! So I really doubt they would delay it after they already delayed it (was supposed to come out in the middle of March) AND the thing was in the game.

So no, I think you're wrong, and I doubt it has anything to due with Tera, Tera is a action mmo, which is a totally different audience then SWTOR, and even if some people did move from SWTOR to there, im sure a patch wouldn't change their mind, and it will only be a small number around 2%

SOME other games. Not all. On the other hand, some games had richer crafting systems, weather effects, better dynamic npc mob interaction, non-realtime day/night cycles, and a host of other things at launch.

In short: WoW isn't the only benchmark.

it isn’t any kind of benchmark if you ask me

I am talking about most MMO's from the beginning of the genre

However I have noticed that there is no point in playing other MMO's anymore, once you have played SWTOR a while, the others seem flat and uninteresting.

I too am looking forward to new features, to expand the game I am enjoying.

They've had the content in the game since beta! Everything was already datamined in the Beta by swtor!! So I really doubt they would delay it after they already delayed it (was supposed to come out in the middle of March) AND the thing was in the game.

So no, I think you're wrong, and I doubt it has anything to due with Tera, Tera is a action mmo, which is a totally different audience then SWTOR, and even if some people did move from SWTOR to there, im sure a patch wouldn't change their mind, and it will only be a small number around 2%

Just because there are "assets" present in the game data files even during beta, doesn't mean they are fully funtional and working correctly.

If they were, then they would have been in at launch. But they weren't. Think about that.

And if someone thinks that MMO dev companies don't just happen to release notable game updates just before the competition does something like launch a new game, then they are very naive.

Do you honestly think that SWTOR has nothing to fear from the competition as a whole? Really?

it isn’t any kind of benchmark if you ask me

I am talking about most MMO's from the beginning of the genre

Oh, ok, well using that logic, one could say that some of the early MMO's had terrible graphics at launch, and therefore people who expect better graphics are being unrealistic because some of the early MMO's took ages to fix that problem (if they did at all).

And yet, as we know, a lot of the more recent MMO's manage to have fairly decent level of graphics at launch. So again, you see, you cannot just focus on a fraction of the MMO industry and try to use that as a sole benchmark to measure ALL others against.

The simple fact is that SWTOR launched with features missing that were included in other MMO's at their launch.

However I have noticed that there is no point in playing other MMO's anymore, once you have played SWTOR a while, the others seem flat and uninteresting.

At launch I felt that way, but then realised that SWTOR is missing a lot of features that would keep me feeling that way.

And it's when one plays other games, that person may then realise just what's missing.

I too am looking forward to new features, to expand the game I am enjoying.

I'm happy for you that you are enjoying SWTOR, but try to keep an open mind that just because a person may be enjoying the current state of the game, doesn't mean that all is rosey.

Edited by Tarka

Just because there are "assets" present in the game data files even during beta, doesn't mean they are fully funtional and working correctly.

If they were, then they would have been in at launch. But they weren't. Think about that.

And if someone thinks that MMO dev companies don't just happen to release notable game updates just before the competition does something like launch a new game, then they are very naive.

Do you honestly think that SWTOR has nothing to fear from the competition as a whole? Really?

They didn't release it at launch because they were still tweaking it. They've already said at the Guild Summit that they were afraid to release the "Legacy" patch because it was so massive that they wanted to release it when they felt it was ready, they said they are ready to release it now.

They didn't release it at launch because they were still tweaking it. They've already said at the Guild Summit that they were afraid to release the "Legacy" patch because it was so massive that they wanted to release it when they felt it was ready, they said they are ready to release it now.

They didn't say they were ready to release it now. They previously said March, but I believe the devs said during the Summit that it may be pushed back to April.

So you see, it isn't ready to go right now. It's not even on the PTS yet.

Edited by Tarka

They didn't say they were ready to release it now. They previously said March, but I believe the devs said during the Summit that it may be pushed back to April.

So you see, it isn't ready to go right now.

They said at the guild summit (if you watched the presentation) that the patch would be ready by early april.

So you see, it isn't ready to go right now.

They said early April in the summit.

So, expect to see the patch sometime in May at best.

Go play ME3 meanwhile.

They said at the guild summit (if you watched the presentation) that the patch would be ready by early april.

Correct. And are we in April? Nope. We are in March.

Edited by Tarka

They said early April in the summit.

So, expect to see the patch sometime in May at best.

Go play ME3 meanwhile.

Agreed. It wouldn't surprise me if it was pushed back. Though I suspect they will aim for the mid-end of April, just before Tera launches, in order to keep interest levels high in SWTOR.

Gotta love business politics.

Edited by Tarka

Really bro? The game hasn't even been out that long.

Either just wait and give them a break or go away and play another game.

I love how you expect everything to be tailored to you and only you.

I hear this way too much in life, "If you don't like it get out!" Sad really, only way things change is if you lend your voice to change. You hear this too "Think outside the box." or "Think differently." But if you do and then ask for the different thing, back to "What?! you don't like what you have? Get out!" I say push against the box, push and push until you get that change! If you need someone to sign on the dotted line or walk in a protest line with you, look me up, don't listen to the "get outers!" Keep pushing, and point out what you think is in need of change, you are not the only one who think things should be better.

I hear this way too much in life, "If you don't like it get out!" Sad really, only way things change is if you lend your voice to change. You hear this too "Think outside the box." or "Think differently." But if you do and then ask for the different thing, back to "What?! you don't like what you have? Get out!" I say push against the box, push and push until you get that change! If you need someone to sign on the dotted line or walk in a protest line with you, look me up, don't listen to the "get outers!" Keep pushing, and point out what you think is in need of change, you are not the only one who think things should be better.

Sadly, I've found that unless those making the decisions are actually willing to listen to reason, then "pushing" an issue is often futile in the long run of those situations.

There comes a point whereby one realises that sometimes people just don't want to listen. And no matter how much logic one uses, you are just wasting your breath. A situation which is often more colourfully referred to as "pissing in the wind".

And when it comes to MMO's, that realisation is often followed closely by a noticable "exodus" from said game. A lot of those people often then lose the majority of whatever interest they had in the game, never to return.

Which I think is often tragic. Especially for those who have spent years working on the product.

Edited by Tarka

The put in things in 3 months that took other game years and years to implement

and forum people QQ

Who cares? SWTOR isn't competing against 2007's WOW, but 2012's WOW. You hear this response all the time, but I don't see how it matters. If you're not going to release a game that's competitive with what's currently available then you've got fail sauce written all over it.

I like the game, a lot. I'm surscribed for the next 4 months and I'll be re-upping for at least another six month because I'm willing pay to see what comes next. But that doesn't mean that BW didn't drop the ball by releasing the game without Legacy, one of its defining features. How in the world do you release a game with tens of thousands of pre-registered guilds and not include a guild bank? How does that even happen?

I'm willing to hang out and wait to see what happens. I'm even willing to pay for it. But let's not pretend that we're not waiting on features that absolutely should have come out at launch.

Sadly, I've found that unless those making the decisions are actually willing to listen to reason, then "pushing" an issue is often futile in the long run of those situations.

There comes a point whereby one realises that sometimes people just don't want to listen. And no matter how much logic one uses, you are just wasting your breath. A situation which is often more colourfully referred to as "pissing in the wind".

And when it comes to MMO's, that realisation is often followed closely by a noticable "exodus" from said game. A lot of those people often then lose the majority of whatever interest they had in the game, never to return.

Which I think is often tragic. Especially for those who have spent years working on the product.

Never and I do mean never accept the status quo. If you feel like you are in your words "pissing in the wind" aim so you are not the only one getting splashed. If you make a big enough splash they all listen. Not a theory, a history lesson. You can argue with me but you can not argue with history my friend.

Never and I do mean never accept the status quo. If you feel like you are in your words "pissing in the wind" aim so you are not the only one getting splashed. If you make a big enough splash they all listen. Not a theory, a history lesson. You can argue with me but you can not argue with history my friend.

Thing is, those who record history are often selective.

Just as there are points in history whereby "pushing" for something has actually caused a positive change, there are no doubt countless moments in history whereby that hasn't happened or negative change has occurred.

History has shown that if the circumstances happen to be optimal, then change can occur in the desired way.

The optimist thinks they can change the world for the better.

The pessimist thinks that the world cannot/will not change.

The realist thinks that the world can only change IF it truely wants to.

Edited by Tarka

I accept the status quo.

Its a fun video game, and I like it, and I hope it keeps my interest for years to come.

But if it doesn't, I'm not loading up my musket and heading down to Austin.

Thing is, history is selective. Just as there are points in history whereby "pushing" for something has actually caused a positive change, there are no doubt countless moments in history whereby that hasn't happened or negative change has occurred.

The optimist thinks they can change the world for the better.

The pessimist thinks that the world cannot/will not change.

The realist thinks that the world can only change IF it truely wants to.

Rosa Parks, George Washington, Christopher Columbus, Gandhi and countless others that made real change in this world would learn from your truly timeless wisdom of wait and see. I guess we know why they will be remembered, we will have to wait and see if we are, huh?

Edited by ZeroOne

I accept the status quo.

Its a fun video game, and I like it, and I hope it keeps my interest for years to come.

But if it doesn't, I'm not loading up my musket and heading down to Austin.

Agreed. With each passing month I question whether this product deserves my sub.

But IF the time comes whereby I hit that cancel button. I won't be marching on Austin. I've given them my opinion. They can take it or leave it.

*If* the proverbial muck hits the fan whereby the product loses a lot of its subs and popularity, well, they can't say that they weren't warned.