when does patch 1.2 come out??

GlitterOutlaw

Rosa Parks, George Washington, Christopher Columbus, Gandhi and countless others that made real change in this world would learn from your truly timeless wisdom of wait and see. I guess we know why they will be remember, we will have to wait and see if we are huh?

Sarcasm aside, you are proving that looking upon history can be a selective process. One can note particular moments in history where positive change has occurred. But do the history books record EVERY attempt to make change? No. But even amoungst the moments that are recorded, not every one ended in a positive change.

For instance, let's look at a "recent" innovation: video cassettes.

Betamax was reportedly the better choice. And yet, VHS ultimately won out.

More appropriately, in the MMO market, there are numerous incidents whereby playerbases have tried to push for positive change, only for the devs to just carry on their own path of development. Ultimately resulting in disaster for the product.

Which comes back to what I said earlier, positive change can only occur if the conditions are right. In the case of MMO's, the devs have to be "on board" with what is being pushed. Otherwise, one may find that they are "pissing in the wind".

Edited by Tarka

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the epic drama of these communities. I saw a post that was multiple pages with a subject asking a question that couldn't possibly have longer than a 1 sentence answer.

Behold! The most recent posts are discussing history being crafted by the victors and iconic figures such as Rosa Parks. It's hysterical.

I hear this way too much in life, "If you don't like it get out!" Sad really, only way things change is if you lend your voice to change. You hear this too "Think outside the box." or "Think differently." But if you do and then ask for the different thing, back to "What?! you don't like what you have? Get out!" I say push against the box, push and push until you get that change! If you need someone to sign on the dotted line or walk in a protest line with you, look me up, don't listen to the "get outers!" Keep pushing, and point out what you think is in need of change, you are not the only one who think things should be better.

I doubt that much of the stuff on the board is even read by the Dev team. Seriously you would need a team to keep up on everything here.

Lets face it most posts here addressing problems are less than constructive. I know I for one do not take anything seriously unless they not only identify the issue but offer credible solutions. People who say "This game sucks I am quitting" should get out. They are useless at helping the community and Bioware at fixing issues.

I don't know how many times I see a topic like "Questing sucks" or "questing is the same as other MMO's" Second topic is kind of true. When you ask those people who make comments like that how to make it better they have no input.

The best way to reach the Dev team is the in game ticket system and feedback options. I mean when someone quits the game and does not continue to subscribe they should get a feedback email or popup. If this is at all anything like the one we got asked to send during beta it is quite extensive. The only reason to post an I quit thread is to get attention.

Constructive criticism with possible solutions is fantastic unfortunately most of the crap on these boards is just that crap!

I love the epic drama of these communities. I saw a post that was multiple pages with a subject asking a question that couldn't possibly have longer than a 1 sentence answer.

Behold! The most recent posts are discussing history being crafted by the victors and iconic figures such as Rosa Parks. It's hysterical.

Is it really surprising that conversations may veer off the original track?

You are right though, perhaps the focus of the conversation needs to be brought back to the original subject matter.

Edited by Tarka

Why does everyone insist that SWTOR be set with everything already released at launch date? Sometimes the content they have to release is so large they cannot release it all at once, or maybe they are being creative and wanting to release things in intervals so that they keep giving us fresh things. WoW did not have nearly all the things SWTOR had at its launch date. It took over 6 yrs for WoW to get to where it is at now. SWTOR can be a very good and polished MMO along side WoW, they have some minor things to fix but all in all it is a wonderful game full of rich story and gameplay. Edited by Drunklepperkhan

Epic drama! Now when has a debate on a chat board been blown out in such way, oh wait!

Yes a debate about the need for change even in such a small place as a video game, maybe the grand examples I used may have given the appearance of grand drama, but only used to prove the point of change when needed is always going to happen and happen through the ones that cry out for it.

And to address the VHS example, Beta, VHS, DVD, Blu-ray, now 3D where next? Who knows but all came from the ones before. Change brought about a better idea. Maybe the first sucked, then someone said "Hey! That sucks! We want better" *poof* change and a better idea is born. Don't fear change, it only hurts the one trying to stand in the way of it.

Sorry for those who read this and only see "epic drama" and not offer a view to the bigger discussion, the debate will suffer from only two views. My view still stands change needs to happen, even if it leads to a bad thing. From this lessons are learned and a better idea comes our way.

Edited by ZeroOne

I doubt that much of the stuff on the board is even read by the Dev team. Seriously you would need a team to keep up on everything here.

Lets face it most posts here addressing problems are less than constructive. I know I for one do not take anything seriously unless they not only identify the issue but offer credible solutions. People who say "This game sucks I am quitting" should get out. They are useless at helping the community and Bioware at fixing issues.

I don't know how many times I see a topic like "Questing sucks" or "questing is the same as other MMO's" Second topic is kind of true. When you ask those people who make comments like that how to make it better they have no input.

The best way to reach the Dev team is the in game ticket system and feedback options. I mean when someone quits the game and does not continue to subscribe they should get a feedback email or popup. If this is at all anything like the one we got asked to send during beta it is quite extensive. The only reason to post an I quit thread is to get attention.

Constructive criticism with possible solutions is fantastic unfortunately most of the crap on these boards is just that crap!

This may be true, people will leave and that is a shame. This game is not the perfect game we all want it to be. But it is a great game that can and will grow. The thing I am saying is that if we want this to happen we need to ask for it. This may not be the best place for the Devs to hear us, but it is a great place to share the ideas you think should change and get others opinions and help it grow. The sad part is far too many people just bash or argue with no real good ideas or support. I was adding my voice to the OP and my only real hope was he knew at least one person heard and would offer a kind word.

it better be a glorious content update if they expect too keep me....

having said that, im not creative enough, or original enough too be the only one who feels this way

If you're that unhappy with it, don't play it. Simple as that... And keep your uncreative comments to your self.

• 3 weeks later...
to be honest tarka throughout all your posts youve been primarily wrong SWTOR does have this market cornered because Star Wars is a franchise and they have exclusive rights to the content and parameters of the game it is not the only MMO out there but it is the only Star Wars MMO besides galaxies that is out they have no competition in that aspect but they are not the only MMO out there but you lose players to all types of games including console games the content being released in 1.2 most likely wont be pushed back and the fact that you keep replying to other peoples posts trying to make yourself look like a subject matter expert is kind of frustrating people are expressing their opinions and things they would like and you have no idea just like the rest of them