Shadow Infiltration need HELP!

Marisblood

In all WZ for all those who are doing them, u see 90%+ Kinetic shadow.

The infiltration tree is broken and die in seconds, lacking in survivability. With no healer in y back u are doomed in seconds. We have good burst but is useless, specialy when they have healers in their back. With same gear, i realy dont feel shadow infiltration doing good atm. Im ranked 70 atm and i have this frustrating feeling. I dont say im not killing lots of them but my gear is beter in many ways. I dont have the feeling to beat a same geaered marauder/sentinel or even sorcs/sages, not talking about operatives/scoundrel or snipers/mercs. They have way too many survivability tools and we lack on them. Not counting healers are unbeatable atm, runing/healing/dpsing in same time. Why they dont need to lose 100% focus/force when they dps and why not 2 stances for them like we have.

Shadow infiltration as dps melle need a help asap. Is dead. Both PVP and also PVE. I dont want to be forced to play kinetic. Think on that Devs. We need litlle buffs like sentinels got and is about our survivability, we demand same survivability like sentinels/marauders. Then the class might be fixed.

Edited by Marisblood

inf spec isnt broken. its players who read bogus info/opinions on forums then respec as kinetic but keep playing as if they are inf spec. kinetic shadows everywhere on my server, but none of them actually gaurd or support true single target DPS classes in WZs or on ilum. they dont even gaurd healers, lol.

its players who are broken. but you can do fine as inf spec, just have to learn to play the spec knowing you are not ever going to have someone gaurd or support you.

inf spec isnt broken. its players who read bogus info/opinions on forums then respec as kinetic but keep playing as if they are inf spec. kinetic shadows everywhere on my server, but none of them actually gaurd or support true single target DPS classes in WZs or on ilum. they dont even gaurd healers, lol.

its players who are broken. but you can do fine as inf spec, just have to learn to play the spec knowing you are not ever going to have someone gaurd or support you.

Thankfully, at least someone knows what's up.

oh i had the wrong mirror spec. Yeah kinetic/darkness are fine. I actually had to respec last night for a raid to dps and well as soon as we were done i went right back. Its a very fun class to play once you know how to play it correctly.

If you want to fight like a tank, you have to spec like one. However, as was said right off, you're a Glass Cannon, you sneak in, find someone in the back trying to snipe/heal and take them out. However, you have to be quick, geared right and make effective use of your CC's. Your damage mitigation is an opponent that's not attacking you.

Single target DPS and burst potential of an inf shadow are far superior to kinetic.

I love inf shadow, I pvp and pve with it and do just fine. My DPS is usually near the top in huttball and alderaan, and in voidstar I only lose out to AoE classes on the score board. (obviously, better players beat me, but the only consistancy is aoe classes beating me in voidstar).

As others have said, inf spec is hard(ish) to play. Are we squishy? Personally I think we're ok. We have resilience, deflection and can force cloak, plus sprint to get away. Those are some pretty decent tools for surviving. But, compared to other classes which have higher armour or self healing, sure, we might be lacking a bit.

DPSing and staying alive is more an exercise in positioning imo. A frontal assault, leading the charge never works. You need to stay off their target, so jump in second, attack the guys at the edge, immediately run away if you get focused. Once I started doing this, I hardly ever die, get loads of kills, loads of damage etc. Also, we kick *** in 1v1s. Only trouble is healers due to our rubbish interupt.

Stick with it.

Alternatively, go kinetic. I've been doing this recently as guild has needed me to tank, it can still be fun. It has far less burst than inf, but the tradeoff is much more self-healing, AoE damage and more utility. I can now pretty easily get 350k-400k in voidstar as kinetic compared to it being a real achievement to get 300k as inf, but that is simply down to AoE damage. I still much prefer inf spec, but kinetic has it's perks.

Dont get me wrong. I didnt say we cant kill other classes. But shadow inf survivability is a joke, specialy compared with sentinels/marauders. If resilience get more time till get off (3sec isnt enough to survive), we can talk diferent opinions.

Inf shadow is a good burster but less survivability compared with all other classes. Ive killed alot of other classes till rank 70, with healer in our back we are a pain, but in 1v1 fights, we have dificulties when we have to pop up our survivabilities. I speak of same geared oponents.

Hope things get changed in the future for our dps tree.

Couldn't agree more. I think I am the only infiltration shadow on my server, both factions. It's ridiculous. I love the spec.

Yeah infiltration/deception is the squishiest class in the game for sure, operatives would be a close second, they can heal in combat which can help them alot, to heal up we need to waste our 2 or 3 minute cd unless that bugged in combat sign goes off, restealthing in this game is also crap... always in combat lol

Couldn't agree more. I think I am the only infiltration shadow on my server, both factions. It's ridiculous. I love the spec.

On my server i know only 2 good assasins dpsers on Imp side (from WZ, Illum, etc) and we are kinda 2 on Rep side also (Teo and Ans), all rest play Kinetic with some Stalker gear ofc, enjoying the fact they can hold some dmg and also they can do good dps.

My point is we lack badly in survivability.

Will see what future reserve to us, but we are a rarity atm, as dpsers speced ofc.

If they give infiltration more survivability it will be over powered. As of now, Infiltration is a great damage spec if you are a dirty fight minded individual. You have to know when to pop in and out of the fray and who to target in a ball of melee. I personally love the play style. I would not take more survivability over less damage.

Play Kenetic if you want less burst and longer life while being targeted.

Play Infiltration if you want to fight dirty and burst people down.

I am one of the only shadows on my server specced infiltration but that isn't because its bad its because a lot of people cannot get used to or play a glass cannon in melee. I personally love it.

Edited by gryhmr