Shutdown notice? lol

AwKwarrd

Hey. Guy.

The announcement said it was the 28th.

Tell me, dearie, what is the date?

Oh, that's right. The 28th.

You're right there, sonny. They're way off course.

Boy I'm going to enjoy trolling you the next time their schedule doesn't go exactly as stated. In fact, I'm adding you to friends for just so a fun occasion.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They never going to cancel the maintenance 6-8 hours time ! Why ?! How would they implement more bugs in to the game otherwise ?! Think for a second !!! Unless its done weekly - its impossible to archive !

Wow way to jump to conclusions. I am fully aware that maintenance is required once a week...been experiencing that for the 7 years I have played MMO's. I was not complaining...just expressing my experience and thoughts :)

Edited by Maxxian

A bunch of us on the Fleet were going "Hey, it's like 11 till and no warning...whassup?", and we kept talking as the time went down...finally got to like 0158 and we had just about decided that they were gonna skip it, when BAM - major shutdown warning spam !!!!

I thought it was uproariously funny, but I immeiately came to the forums to how many msgs were posted about it, and how many slope-headed troglodytes were crying and moaning about how inconvenienced and screwed over they had just been by Evil Ole Blizz. And I was right. Haven't found a post yet that demands a day or a month of free play time for repayment of said indignities, but with the number of lowlifes that come on here to whine (most of which probably don't even play any more), tis only a matter time...:D

Wow way to jump to conclusions. I am fully aware that maintenance is required once a week...been experiencing that for the 7 years I have played MMO's. I was not complaining...just expressing my experience and thoughts :)

Wasnt jump to conclusions a game someone made up in the movie office space?

Edited by ussrmdk

lol it's kind of funny. I made a post about it because the order is all messed up too. I'm fairly certain someone started drinking early this morning and just didn't stop.

Check out the countdown order.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/417295_928084085319_42813289_37493450_713461323_n.jpg

haha omg thats what i got too..

wow.. just wow...

A bunch of us on the Fleet were going "Hey, it's like 11 till and no warning...whassup?", and we kept talking as the time went down...finally got to like 0158 and we had just about decided that they were gonna skip it, when BAM - major shutdown warning spam !!!!

I thought it was uproariously funny, but I immeiately came to the forums to how many msgs were posted about it, and how many slope-headed troglodytes were crying and moaning about how inconvenienced and screwed over they had just been by Evil Ole Blizz. And I was right. Haven't found a post yet that demands a day or a month of free play time for repayment of said indignities, but with the number of lowlifes that come on here to whine (most of which probably don't even play any more), tis only a matter time...:D

Hmmm? :)

But yeah, I thought it was funny too. Could just imagine some half-asleep tech thinking "oh crap! I forgot the countdown" and hitting all the macros.

To be fair guys the times are laid out for almost a full week before maint. Yes sometimes they are on a wednesday sometimes a tuesday but IT DOES SAY WHAT DAY IT IS ON!

Also maint. starting late?! That's a bonus for you not something that should be expected and then qq over when you don't get it.

If main. begins 8am GMT and at that point you have not prepared yourself for server shutdown on the off chance you might get an extra hour of playtime then you have only yourself to blame.

Yes it's not ideal that you were given next to no warning but neither is it ideal that you did not prepare for maint. that was posted for almost a week. Christ! Get a grip people!

I loved office space, reminded me of the times I worked for walmart, where they promoted lazy people in my store, and told people who are good at thier job, that they couldnt be promoted cause they where to valuable in thier position. store #197

I don't see why anyone would get mad about it. Except for that one guy being a dick last page, (and I fully plan to troll him so much ammunition from his attacks on spelling to timing) everyone seems to just be getting a good laugh about it.

To be fair guys the times are laid out for almost a full week before maint. Yes sometimes they are on a wednesday sometimes a tuesday but IT DOES SAY WHAT DAY IT IS ON!

Also maint. starting late?! That's a bonus for you not something that should be expected and then qq over when you don't get it.

If main. begins 8am GMT and at that point you have not prepared yourself for server shutdown on the off chance you might get an extra hour of playtime then you have only yourself to blame.

Yes it's not ideal that you were given next to no warning but neither is it ideal that you did not prepare for maint. that was posted for almost a week. Christ! Get a grip people!

So far I have yet to see any griping about it...just a bunch of LOL's..."get a grip" ;)

I think the thing is, is that one thing they have been fairly conistant at is giving shutdown warnings. One of the very few things they have been consistant at that is.

had my sleeping bag and pillow, but omg i forgot my tooth brush!

i was running to get it then server shutdown spam! ...

long story short.. i didnt get to my toothbrush

Something might have gone wrong with the notification system. Such systems are not perfect, nor fool-proof. In other words, **** happens.

Oh, it was fairly apparent that something did go wrong.

After watching the count go from 5 to 10 to 15 minutes, then start counting down rapidly from there, I'd say it's a clear case of an 1D10T error occurring in the PEBKAC module on their server.

They can probably fix that to some degree by calling up the console, and entering DECAF at the C: prompt. :D